You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why so much hate for re4?

User Info: Ksupreme90

Ksupreme90
1 week ago#1
There’s people on this board who would say things like re4 is filth or some other nonsense like that. Yes it was a side story but it brought about a new virus that can fit into the story somehow in the future

Yeah it went action but there were parts in the game that was even scarier than re2make. I could understand why ppl dislike 5 but 4 was solid

User Info: FeatherineA

FeatherineA
1 week ago#2
Ksupreme90 posted...
Yeah it went action but there were parts in the game that was even scarier than re2make.

Such as ?

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
1 week ago#3
FeatherineA posted...
Ksupreme90 posted...
Yeah it went action but there were parts in the game that was even scarier than re2make.

Such as ?

Regenerators
LEEEEOOOONNNN!!! HEELLLPPP!!
It was a great game to play. Not really a horror game (the regenerators were tense, and the first run at the village was stressful).

I can see people saying it was a lousy horror game, and I can understand people being sad it started a long run of action-oriented horror games (although CV and RE0 also kind of set that up by burning out the audience, yet little blame falls on these games).
But taken as its own thing, a video game with fantastic encounters, progression, cool boss and enemy mechanics, it was fantastic.

Even this game brought in a number of lessons learned in RE4, but properly retooled them to work in a slower horror-oriented game, but I feel like we wouldn't have got this game without RE4...
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: FeatherineA

FeatherineA
1 week ago#5
MrMexican95 posted...
Regenerators

The incredibly slow moving monsters you can run past without a problem who lose the one thing making them special once you get the sniper add-on ? W

Like, I adore RE4 but legit the only scary moment in the game that I recall was visiting the village back during the night.

I respect yall's opinion but I can't bring myself to be afraid of people with axes and pitchforks... even less so of people with firearms.

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
1 week ago#6
Well here we go again.

User Info: ravenscourge

ravenscourge
1 week ago#7
Really it makes sense. The people that loved the old style and always hated RE4 were really pushed into a fairly silent minority status as the series stayed that way. You wouldn't notice them much over the constant praise.

Now it's a remake of many of those same folks favorite game in the series, on it's board, and we've moved fairly far away from RE4, so really it's going to attract those ppl the most. It's their turf now... so to speak anyway.

And this may be over the shoulder like RE4, but that is reaaaaaaally where it stops. The actual gameplay is completely different.
PSN - ravenscourge DD PS4 Pawn - Celestina

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 week ago#8
Its the new cool thing among kids these days.

User Info: VioIetSystems-

VioIetSystems-
1 week ago#9
there isn't plenty of hate. RE4 is loved and remembered by RE and non-RE fans alike. notice the only ones hating on it are the same vocal 30-something-year-old *~tRue FaN~* neckbeards who are bitter the series never returned to their outdated fixed camera trash style lmao
Yun for SC6 pls

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 week ago#10
VioIetSystems- posted...
there isn't plenty of hate. RE4 is loved and remembered by RE and non-RE fans alike. notice the only ones hating on it are the same vocal 30-something-year-old *~tRue FaN~* neckbeards who are bitter the series never returned to their outdated fixed camera trash style lmao

like edward
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why so much hate for re4?