• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Knife Breaking

User Info: ClackMan

ClackMan
1 week ago#1
Do you like that your stuff breaks? - Results (121 votes)
Never Do that again! Keep it like RE4
48.76% (59 votes)
I like when I have to worry about my stuff breaking!
51.24% (62 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Clang
Twitter @ClackOff / YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ1aCgCiJKgMdd1t5CoR7VA You think Im gonna waste more of my time addressing a troll? LOL

User Info: shibulator

shibulator
1 week ago#2
I think they should just remove the knife completely. Make grapples a button mashing contest that gets harder and harder the more times you successfully break free. The fact that leon and claire outright refuse to stab them in the brain even when it's 1v1 is ridiculous. No headstab while they're prone on the ground? It's an obstuse weapon and juxtaposes reality to the point that I'm painfully aware I'm playing a game.
The dogs of doom are howling more

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
1 week ago#3
Just make it like RE6 where you can roundhouse kick or suplex every enemy.

Not really, never, ever do that stupid f***ing s*** again in a RE game..

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
1 week ago#4
After playing ~200 hours of Zelda Breath of the Wild, I started to hold a huge grudge against "easy to break weapons".
Extra points since I'm a knife maniac on RE games. At least the Infinite Knife is avaiable for S+ runs.
Think before you post
Or at least just think

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 week ago#5
What they should have done is make it impossible to completely break your knife, but when it is out of durability it does greatly reduced damage and it can't be used as a defense item. That's all they had to do.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: Locke_Leonhart

Locke_Leonhart
1 week ago#6
Is fine, i like it.

The game could be too easy if you can abuse the use of the knife.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#7
Return it to the last resource weapon it was by reducing the dmg, don't allow it to stunlock enemies and if you want to have defensive knives have a separate item like REmake.
The way the knife is atm is too strong and allows you to save way too many resources.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 week ago#8
shibulator posted...
I think they should just remove the knife completely. Make grapples a button mashing contest that gets harder and harder the more times you successfully break free. The fact that leon and claire outright refuse to stab them in the brain even when it's 1v1 is ridiculous. No headstab while they're prone on the ground? It's an obstuse weapon and juxtaposes reality to the point that I'm painfully aware I'm playing a game.

I agree with some of this. Being given the option of using a defense item, such as knives, if you can survive taking the hit and can flee to escape and don't feel like killing the enemy, or feel it would be too much of a resource and / or time expenditure or it could be too dangerous, is great.

However, not being about to stab with the knife offensively, and not being able stab a enemy's vital point defensively for increased damage or a kill is obtuse and annoying. Sure you couldn't stab with the knife in some 3D RE games, but you could in RE2 so besides laziness I don't know why they omitted this.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: manugarciac

manugarciac
1 week ago#9
I hate breaking items, but I can see why they did that. When you get the infinite knife, it's so easy to abuse. You only need bullets to down enemies, when they are on the ground, you just slash them to death.
PSN: TheManuPro
Check my piano performances... To Zanarkand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MokFQsFx5-M ~ Eternity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hkyfreh9Hs

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
1 week ago#10
On my first play through I was so worried about breaking my knife I never used it. Only used it as a defense and always got it back. I ended up with 5 knives at the lab.

They do break but they’re not as fragile as you might think and as long as you’re not trying to saw the limbs off every other zombie it’s not an issue.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Knife Breaking
  • Topic Archived