• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Saddened by the abundance of "MISSED OPPORTUNITIES".

User Info: BassChamber

BassChamber
1 month ago#21
osiris605 posted...
Death_Shadow15 posted...
osiris605 posted...
BassChamber posted...
Most of your complaints are crap complaints.

Bulletz zpongez, for gods sake, this AGAIN???

Put your nostalgic glasses out dude, the game is amazing.

It has a few flaws of course, being the lack of AB campaign the most important one.

Subjective. The bullet sponge argument is obviously valid if it gets so many mentions that it prompts you to say "for God's sake, this AGAIN???" if tc's opinion is crap, so is yours.

Thing is, if you could cheese your way through zombies by OHK them in the head, then the game would be insanely easy, I understand the complaints about that but it is what it is.

Increase the number of zombies :)

Wrong wrong wrong!!!

Please stop this s***ty complaint. Weaker zombies will also mean a complete gameplay overhaul in order to make the game challenging. Enemies in this game are scarce but resilient, not weak and numerous.

Also, it would neglect the dismembering system. Why shoot legs or arms when zombies dies with a pair of headshots? This would broke the game as is designed right now.

So, want headshots? Use the f***ing shotgun! Otherwise shoot limbs or have a try with headshot criticals.

User Info: MasterD3d

MasterD3d
1 month ago#22
osiris605 posted...
Death_Shadow15 posted...
osiris605 posted...
BassChamber posted...
Most of your complaints are crap complaints.

Bulletz zpongez, for gods sake, this AGAIN???

Put your nostalgic glasses out dude, the game is amazing.

It has a few flaws of course, being the lack of AB campaign the most important one.

Subjective. The bullet sponge argument is obviously valid if it gets so many mentions that it prompts you to say "for God's sake, this AGAIN???" if tc's opinion is crap, so is yours.

Thing is, if you could cheese your way through zombies by OHK them in the head, then the game would be insanely easy, I understand the complaints about that but it is what it is.

Increase the number of zombies :)

Then it would reek of RE4-6 which had way too many zombies and enemies and was too much of an action game instead of ahem survival horror...

Capcom knew this and thus why we have a few super strong zombies rather than a crapload of weak ones.
PSN: DeathlyRed
Twitter: @Firaga87

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
1 month ago#23
I think the game is amazing, but there were indeed a few things that kept it from being the same masterpiece of a REmake that RE1's remake was compared to RE1.

1. Lack of fleshed out A/B scenarios. That was a major feature of the original RE2. The whole "You just have to imagine some combination/hybrid of the character playthrough, that you never actually get to play onscreen, to get the actual story" thing works in REmake 1, because that was true to the original. But averting that was one of the improvements of the original RE2 over RE1, so going back to the way RE1 did things is a step back over 20 years later.

2. Leon and Claire's interactions seem less balanced or well paced, somehow. As some have pointed out, they do interact in person the same number of times as in the OG, but the pacing feels different here. Also, due to the lack of radio-interaction, it feels as if after the meeting at the locked gate, the other character virtually disappears until near the very end of the game. In the original RE2, there were a couple of evenly distributed radio chats that made you ever aware that the other character was somewhere nearby going through their own side of the story. Here, for the vast majority of the game, it felt like the other character may have even forgotten all about you and moved on. It's true that, in a 2nd Run, the notes the other character leaves were a small attempt to remedy that, but the notes lack the "in real time" characteristic, and the personal touch, of live communication over the two-way radio. So overall, the player characters you don't choose seems to have less "presence" than was true in the original game. Which, since this was another feature where the original game had improved over RE1, it feels like a step back.

3. Some of the narrative changes feel a bit rushed compared to the original portrayals. Now, the only glaring instance of this is Chief Irons. In the original, we get to meet him at first as he is still fronting some sort of normalcy, and only after meeting him do we find evidence that he is, in fact, insane and murderous. In this one, that's revealed immediately.

4. Sort of related to both 2 and 3, it felt like we were just supposed to take some things for granted because we already know them from RE2. For example it felt, in some ways, like the game was relying on me as the player to go "Oh, well of course Leon and Claire are an iconic team, who are consistently aware of each other's presence" or "As we all know, Mr. X was dropped in by a helicopter at some point" or "The helicopter crashed because of the zombies" because we remembered these details from the OG. It felt like these details were left out because "everyone knows that already," but a remake should go in as if it's the first time anyone has played that game, and take nothing for granted.

5. Some of the major areas in the game seem to "fly by" more quickly than they did in the OG. It seems they've been somehow streamlined, not necessarily in level design (if anything, the RPD is bigger now, with more stuff) but in the speed at which gameplay takes you through them. In some ways this is simply an effect of more streamlined, OTS-style, fluid gameplay, so it can't be helped so much. And if the other things on this list were better, this thing by itself would by NO means stop this REmake's greatness from being roughly equal to the greatness of REmake 1.

But like I said, this game is amazing. And in fact there are MANY ways it improved on the original, so that I can't say the OG is flatly superior. Instead I'm left torn, feeling that this one does some things better, and the OG does other things better. Unlike the RE1make where I feel the REmake did pretty much everything better, hands down, no contest.

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
1 month ago#24
MrMexican95 posted...
- Claire had brown hair in the original
- Except for one conversation over the radio, Claire and Leon meet the same number of times in the remake as the original
- Most RE games are short
- Pretty much all of the characters are better and more fleshed out even Ben and he gets less screen time
- Sewers are better than the original
- It's not supposed to replace the original like RE1remake did
- Does this game need a dodge mechanic? Claire and Leon aren't action heroes at this point

User Info: kcirtap

kcirtap
1 month ago#25
MrMexican95 posted...

- Except for one conversation over the radio, Claire and Leon meet the same number of times in the remake as the original

Not true, they also meet in sewers while Leon is injured. Have yet to see this in remake

And their interactions are so unrealistic. Especially the one by the locked gate at beginning

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
1 month ago#26
kcirtap posted...
MrMexican95 posted...

Not true, they also meet in sewers while Leon is injured. Have yet to see this in remake

And their interactions are so unrealistic. Especially the one by the locked gate at beginning

That sewers meeting isn't considered cannon.

Well in Leon A/ Claire B they meet in the sewers after Leon is shot but I don't think they meet in the lab after this until the end.

In Claire A / Leon B they talk on the radio while Claire is watching Leon on a screen which is kinda what happens in the remake.

Either way it's still the same number of meetings as the original.
LEEEEOOOONNNN!!! HEELLLPPP!!

User Info: Yojimbo94

Yojimbo94
1 month ago#27
The bullet sponge enemy thing is a stupid argument. Zombies were “bullet sponges” in the original RE2. Period. People just complain now because you have free aim with the gun and they expected to shoot a zombie in the head once and it be dead. Yeah that sounds real challenging and fun. Not.

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
1 month ago#28
mikeyzom posted...
Resident Evil 2 (1998) will forever be a treasure in my heart. Resident Evil 2 (2019) failed to REmake what the original did. Waited 17 years for this game and I feel it's a good game, and it's a good resident evil game, but it's not a good REmake of Resident Evil 2 '98. It's been 2 months and I've tried with full effort to stay open minded about it, but my feelings haven't changed. It's almost as if I should have been the one calling the shots instead with this project: it's too short, the zombies are bullet sponges, they changed Claire wayyyyyy tooooo much (no red hair, voice is totally different, outfit is completely overhauled), intro was promised to be expanded instead it was completely shortened, music is almost absent, the scenarios don't make sense, you don't get to "rescue the survivors in the other rooms" as I hoped, no dodge mechanic, Leon and Claire REunite far way less, missing enemies (Crows, Spiders, Moth, Regis Lickers), some characters didn't get to shine as much as they did in the original, act 2 and act 3 were extremely different then the original, Capcom promised to tweak things in such a way in which they would make since but they actually don't so like why fix what's not broken bra, had lack of chaos: isnt this a so-called zombie apocalypse?, acting was ehh, too many RE7 copy/paste references, Final Verdict: 6 out of 10=MISSED OPPORTUNITY YET AGAIN. 😓 #capcom plz don't skrew up #RE3make

Unless this is a troll topic, please learn how paragraphs and lists work. No one is going to read a giant block of words like this...
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods

User Info: mikeyzom

mikeyzom
4 weeks ago#29
spyder42 posted...
mikeyzom posted...
Resident Evil 2 (1998) will forever be a treasure in my heart. Resident Evil 2 (2019) failed to REmake what the original did. Waited 17 years for this game and I feel it's a good game, and it's a good resident evil game, but it's not a good REmake of Resident Evil 2 '98. It's been 2 months and I've tried with full effort to stay open minded about it, but my feelings haven't changed. It's almost as if I should have been the one calling the shots instead with this project: it's too short, the zombies are bullet sponges, they changed Claire wayyyyyy tooooo much (no red hair, voice is totally different, outfit is completely overhauled), intro was promised to be expanded instead it was completely shortened, music is almost absent, the scenarios don't make sense, you don't get to "rescue the survivors in the other rooms" as I hoped, no dodge mechanic, Leon and Claire REunite far way less, missing enemies (Crows, Spiders, Moth, Regis Lickers), some characters didn't get to shine as much as they did in the original, act 2 and act 3 were extremely different then the original, Capcom promised to tweak things in such a way in which they would make since but they actually don't so like why fix what's not broken bra, had lack of chaos: isnt this a so-called zombie apocalypse?, acting was ehh, too many RE7 copy/paste references, Final Verdict: 6 out of 10=MISSED OPPORTUNITY YET AGAIN. 😓 #capcom plz don't skrew up #RE3make

Unless this is a troll topic, please learn how paragraphs and lists work. No one is going to read a giant block of words like this...

Don't read it if u don't want too booboo this the internet not a assignment needed to be turned in for a grade so I Kan type how I want hoe

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
4 weeks ago#30
RE2 was the least good (note: not bad) of the original trilogy. RE2R improved in most aspects, so the people who love the original and dislike RE2R are crying about nothing.
PSN: DerekWilder
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Saddened by the abundance of "MISSED OPPORTUNITIES".
  • Topic Archived