• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Leon and Claire got off easy with Mr X being sent for them.

User Info: dmack316

dmack316
3 weeks ago#21
Yeah what is so special about Hunk? He's just a soldier. Assuming he survives his scenario and the Ranger in the gas station survives his, then I'd say the Ranger is way more bad ass than Hunk. Judging by how they elevate Leon and Chris to God status in this series Hunk would be toast. If Chris can move boulders by punching them, Hunk's head would literally explode from one punch. Seeing as Leon can go toe to toe with Chris then I'd say he would waste Hunk as well.
GT: Outcast Mack
PSN: outcastmack

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
3 weeks ago#22
Dunno about the original, but here at least, Hunk goes through a literal army of enemies, including the toughest enemies in the game, in about 10 minutes, after surviving an encounter with G. None of the other characters really does something that awesome. Closest would probably be Jill having Nemesis hunting her down, and Leon in RE4. Every other occasion had the characters in teams of 2 or more.

As for the Sheriff, his "mini-game" was made just for this, so it never existed till now.

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
3 weeks ago#23
dmack316 posted...
Yeah what is so special about Hunk? He's just a soldier. Assuming he survives his scenario and the Ranger in the gas station survives his, then I'd say the Ranger is way more bad ass than Hunk. Judging by how they elevate Leon and Chris to God status in this series Hunk would be toast. If Chris can move boulders by punching them, Hunk's head would literally explode from one punch. Seeing as Leon can go toe to toe with Chris then I'd say he would waste Hunk as well.

The difference between them is that what happened to Hunk is canon.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
3 weeks ago#24
The Sheriff literally dies right away to the first zombie in the game.

User Info: DChybridking

DChybridking
3 weeks ago#25
unknown_VS posted...
Honestly X doesn't make any sense, why would they sent someone to kill... who? I guess the smoker guy maybe, or Ada, but it really doesn't make too much sense, certainly not "college girl and rookie cop"

from my understanding Mr. X was sent in to kill EVERYONE he encountered so that umbrella couldn't be linked to the zombie outbreak.
My past is not a memory; it's a force at my back

User Info: BIack_Dynamite

BIack_Dynamite
3 weeks ago#26
OverlordDeath posted...
Dunno about the original, but here at least, Hunk goes through a literal army of enemies, including the toughest enemies in the game, in about 10 minutes, after surviving an encounter with G. None of the other characters really does something that awesome. Closest would probably be Jill having Nemesis hunting her down, and Leon in RE4. Every other occasion had the characters in teams of 2 or more.

As for the Sheriff, his "mini-game" was made just for this, so it never existed till now.

Hunk is armed to the teeth from the start, Chris/Jill/Leon/Claire were not.

Hunk faces more enemies than usual yeah, not quite a “literal army”, but like I said he’s equipped to handle it. Besides, those enemies are nothing compared to what the regulars go on to face in 4, 5 and 6, and in those games there really are swarms of superior creatures not to mention the roided out bosses. There are warzones in these games, which pretty much negates the fact that they are often partnered up. They do this over a much longer period of time too compared to Hunk’s quick mad dash to the exit.

So yeah...no, Hunk was out-awesomed long ago.

User Info: dmack316

dmack316
3 weeks ago#27
jon davis posted...
dmack316 posted...

You can throw the Sheriff aside. Chris moving boulders is canon. I've read nothing saying RE5 is not canon. Leon and Chris fight in 6 for a minute. 6 is canon as well. Hunk is basically scrambling for his life in 4th survivor. Heck Ethan from 7 has limbs chopped off and instantly reconnects them with magic liquid. That's canon too. The main characters of the RE games actively seek out Umbrella and go after them. That makes them all more ba than Hunk.
GT: Outcast Mack
PSN: outcastmack

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
3 weeks ago#28
dmack316 posted...
jon davis posted...
dmack316 posted...

You can throw the Sheriff aside. Chris moving boulders is canon. I've read nothing saying RE5 is not canon. Leon and Chris fight in 6 for a minute. 6 is canon as well. Hunk is basically scrambling for his life in 4th survivor. Heck Ethan from 7 has limbs chopped off and instantly reconnects them with magic liquid. That's canon too. The main characters of the RE games actively seek out Umbrella and go after them. That makes them all more ba than Hunk.

RE6 Leon>>>>RE2 Leon

Chris would have snapped RE2 Leon like a twig.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
3 weeks ago#29
Think what you want. It wasn't until 4 and on that the main characters became truly badass, while all it took for Hunk was a single little side-story. Sure, his feats may not match up to what the main cast do now, but he came first. Then there's his professionalism and showing no fear, and those kinds of characters almost always have large numbers of fans.

I do believe you're underestimating Hunks capabilities, but there's no way to know either way. Not unless they actually bring him in as an antagonist in RE8 or something.

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
3 weeks ago#30
If you want someone killed send Nicholai.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Leon and Claire got off easy with Mr X being sent for them.
  • Topic Archived