• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Am i in a good position for S rank on standard?

User Info: spankomycin

spankomycin
1 month ago#1
Just want to get the unlimited handgun. I just finished sherry’s section and my time is 1:10:11 with 3 saves. Am I on a good track to get a S rank in standard?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#2
Yeah dude you're fine, you have 3:30

User Info: HDMIx4

HDMIx4
1 month ago#3
You have 3 and a half hours. So you are good. Whith that time you can S+ Rank on Hardcore if you not save more than 3 times.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#4
You've got two hours and twenty minutes left.

Depending on how much backtracking you plan on doing, like if you plan on heading back for the SMG's extended mag or run through the RPD station to pick up stuff you missed while Mr X was chasing you.

Yeah you should be good to go as long as you have puzzles solutions written out or saved on your ipad/ipod/phone or written out in a notebook so you can get through them faster and don't end up going in circles in the sewer and don't have to backtrack for item boxes because you misjudged how much inventory space you'd need.

I'd expect that you'd finish somewhere between the 2:30 to 3:00 mark.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: spankomycin

spankomycin
1 month ago#5
Ok thanks!
It hasn’t been as bad as I thought but I have had the benefit of the autosaves to help if I mess up and have played through the scenario twice.

That being said, there’s no way in hell I could meet the hardcore time with three saves. I will just have to be happy with unlimited handgun.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#6
spankomycin posted...
Ok thanks!
It hasn’t been as bad as I thought but I have had the benefit of the autosaves to help if I mess up and have played through the scenario twice.

That being said, there’s no way in hell I could meet the hardcore time with three saves. I will just have to be happy with unlimited handgun.

You can still use the infinite knife in hardcore, it's just infinite ammo firearms that lower your rank.

What you could do is just do a normal hardcore run first to get used to it, then go for an S+ run.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
1 month ago#7
In case you didn't know

If you are only after S rank

you don't need to limit yourself to 3 saves.

There is no save limit for regular S rank. The only thing that matters is time spent

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
1 month ago#8
@spankomycin posted...
Ok thanks!

Infinite ammo weapons still allow you to get S ranks and you still get an infinite ammo machine gun for S-ranking hardcore with any character.

I won't be getting S+ any day soon (refuse to use a guide for it and I only have a few days left before the game goes back to my sister), but at the very least I got that machine gun.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#9
spankomycin posted...

I used to think the same thing, but the itch got to me. Now I have Hardcore S+ times of 1:45:XX for both Claire A and Leon A.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: The-DreamKiller

The-DreamKiller
1 month ago#10
spankomycin posted...
Ok thanks!

KANE_79 posted...
spankomycin posted...

I used to think the same thing, but the itch got to me. Now I have Hardcore S+ times of 1:45:XX for both Claire A and Leon A.

I finally unlocked all of the infinite weapons and yes it can be frustrating and challenging but also very doable. I don't even consider myself a good gamer. I'm one of those gamers who just always play on the easiest setting but I just wanted to challenge myself for once and I memorized the maps,puzzles and enemy placements after beating the game like 10+ times on assisted mode lol so I eventually tried for the pistol, then the Le5, the minigun and finally the Launcher which I just got today. I consider Claire's campaign much easier and I'm going to have nightmares about that S+ Leon run for a while.

I died so many times to super Tyrant and had to reload my save right before G2,yes G2 everytime since I got paranoid and saved as I finally managed to run by the G adults without any harm. I got my payback though, loaded up my G2 after I got the launcher and blew everyone and everything up to smithereens.

The "itch" will def get to you though, you're gonna wanna strive for more after the handgun unlock.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Am i in a good position for S rank on standard?
  • Topic Archived