• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. In RE3 will Jill's iconic blue tube top return since Claire's outfit was changed

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 month ago#181
riddlebox89 posted...

And yet it's not a practical outfit to be running around a city that's been overrun by zombies and other things.

Losing the sweater and adding a harness isn't going to make wearing a skirt and tube top more practical

Again what are you expecting?

She's in her civvies. It's not a matter of "that's not practical". It's "s*** hit the fan and all you've got is the clothes on your back".

riddlebox89 posted...
And yet wearing jeans and a long sleeved jacket is a hell of a lot more practical for motorcycle riding than booty shorts and a sleeveless vest.

Okay ride down the freeway, and tell me how many motorcyclists are wearing "practical motorcycle riding" outfits.

Aside from dedicated biker gang guys, everyone is wearing their regular clothes. Shorts, flipflops, tshirts, etc.

Now remember it took place in the 90s. Claire wouldn't look out of place in a Richard Simmons video or an episode of saved by the bell.

It's not a matter of "more practical outfit "

It's that her original outfit was 90s as f*** and way too dated so they gave her a more regular outfit like her cv/degeneration/revelations 2 outfits.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
1 month ago#182
Degalon posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

And yet it's not a practical outfit to be running around a city that's been overrun by zombies and other things.

Losing the sweater and adding a harness isn't going to make wearing a skirt and tube top more practical

Again what are you expecting?

She's in her civvies. It's not a matter of "that's not practical". It's "s*** hit the fan and all you've got is the clothes on your back".

riddlebox89 posted...
And yet wearing jeans and a long sleeved jacket is a hell of a lot more practical for motorcycle riding than booty shorts and a sleeveless vest.

Okay ride down the freeway, and tell me how many motorcyclists are wearing "practical motorcycle riding" outfits.

Aside from dedicated biker gang guys, everyone is wearing their regular clothes. Shorts, flipflops, tshirts, etc.

Now remember it took place in the 90s. Claire wouldn't look out of place in a Richard Simmons video or an episode of saved by the bell.

It's not a matter of "more practical outfit "

It's that her original outfit was 90s as f*** and way too dated so they gave her a more regular outfit like her cv/degeneration/revelations 2 outfits.

Dude, were you even ALIVE in the ‘90s??? Nobody dressed like Claire in OG RE2. Kids I went to school with wouldn’t be caught dead in that ridiculous outfit.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

Degalon
1 month ago#183
samantha_sneez posted...
Dude, were you even ALIVE in the ‘90s??? Nobody dressed like Claire in OG RE2. Kids I went to school with wouldn’t be caught dead in that ridiculous outfit.

I'm a 90s kid. OG Claire walked right out of a richard simmons video. (Or at least, japanese idea of 90s fashion, which is understandably incomprehensible.)

User Info: Hello4438

Hello4438
1 month ago#184
Jill wore a tube top and skirt in RE3. That’s a fact. The game is 20 years old now you just need to get over it.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#185
Degalon posted...

So s*** hit the fan and she sat in her apartment for three or four days and never once changed her clothes?

Seriously, when are you going to learn that the "It's what she was wearing when s*** hit the fan" argument doesn't goddamn work?

Degalon posted...

So count how many idiots there are that want their skin to get torn to s*** if they have an accident, gotcha.

I don't give two s***s what they wear, no smart person would ride a motorcycle in shorts and flipflops.

Hello4438 posted...
Jill wore a tube top and skirt in RE3. That’s a fact. The game is 20 years old now you just need to get over it.

And Claire wore booty shorts and a sleeveless jacket in RE2, that's a fact.

Didn't stop them from changing the outfit in the remake. What makes you think it would stop them from changing Jill's RE3 outfit?
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

Degalon
1 month ago#186
riddlebox89 posted...
So s*** hit the fan and she sat in her apartment for three or four days and never once changed her clothes?

Seriously, when are you going to learn that the "It's what she was wearing when s*** hit the fan" argument doesn't goddamn work?

The point is the remake could easily fix that by her NOT sitting on her ass for days in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, which doesn't make sense, either.

riddlebox89 posted...
So count how many idiots there are that want their skin to get torn to s*** if they have an accident, gotcha.

I don't give two s***s what they wear, no smart person would ride a motorcycle in shorts and flipflops.

No smart person would ride a motorcycle in the first place. What you wear isn't really gonna help if an actual accident happens.

People wear whatever because they know that.

riddlebox89 posted...
Didn't stop them from changing the outfit in the remake. What makes you think it would stop them from changing Jill's RE3 outfit?

Because jills re3 outfit was pretty normal while Claire's re2 outfit was pretty goofy.

At most they'd change her tubetop to a top with straps, and like the ORC redesign swap the sweater around the waist for some harnesses to carry gear.

Can't really justify a total outfit change. It's too iconic.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#187
Degalon posted...
The point is the remake could easily fix that by her NOT sitting on her ass for days in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, which doesn't make sense, either.

Or they can fix it by changing the outfit entirely.

Degalon posted...
No smart person would ride a motorcycle in the first place. What you wear isn't really gonna help if an actual accident happens.

People wear whatever because they know that.

Uhh, yeah actually it does. Wearing proper riding gear might not totally prevent injuries, but it can reduce the significance of the injuries. I mean, what you're basically saying here is that people choose to not wear helmets because a helmet isn't going to help their skull not get crushed when it hits the pavement.

No, people wear whatever they want because they just aren't very smart.

Degalon posted...
At most they'd change her tubetop to a top with straps, and like the ORC redesign swap the sweater around the waist for some harnesses to carry gear.

Can't really justify a total outfit change. It's too iconic.

And again, adding straps and a harness does not make the outfit any less impractical than it already is.

Yeah? So was Claire's vest, that didn't stop them from changing it to a full jacket.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

Degalon
1 month ago#188
riddlebox89 posted...

Yeah? So was Claire's vest, that didn't stop them from changing it to a full jacket.

Well no, Claire is more known for her CV look than her RE2 look. and her RE2make outfit is pretty in line with that.

Same deal as Jill, who's more known for her appearance from a LATER game, than what she wore in her debut.

riddlebox89 posted...
And again, adding straps and a harness does not make the outfit any less impractical than it already is.

Also it's cute that you think everyone is gonna be dressed super practical during an apocalypse.

You dress in whatever the f***'s available, in this case, whatever you already happened to be wearing. Adding an equipment harness IS being more practical.

Literally the only argument is "but she was in her apartment for days" Which is easily remedied by the Re3make, especially since i find it hard to believe jill would have just been sitting around for days when there's zombies amok in the first place.

riddlebox89 posted...
Or they can fix it by changing the outfit entirely.

Why though?

And to what? I'd be fine with the slacks and blouse alternate outfit she had in RE3, that appeals to MY fetishes a little more, but seriously, why?

They just changed Claire's outfit to be her CV one basically. What would they change Jill's outfit to? Something more like her Revelations wetsuit or RE5 catsuit? Even her Revelations 1 pants and shirt was a military/work outfit, so that doesn't work either, since she's in Civvies throughout RE3.

She's known for the skirt and blue top. They may modify it, but they aren't getting rid of it. Get over yourself.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. In RE3 will Jill's iconic blue tube top return since Claire's outfit was changed
  • Topic Archived