• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Leon route Mr. X

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#1
Doing my first run as Leon, I understand Mr. X is a continuous threat in Leon's story, unlike Claire's where he gets killed by Birkin partway in.

Are there points in the story where Mr. X will be put out of commission for a while by the plot and won't be present in gameplay to stalk me (in case I'm forced to leave anything, mostly), or is he permanent threat for Leon?
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
1 month ago#2
When you leave the Parking Lot, Mr X stops appearing in the RPD Station.

I didn't test it, but you might be able to not leave after getting the parking pass and do a quick sweep of the station.
So you want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom... And you're telling me you're completely sane?

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 month ago#3
After you get the parking garage access key and trigger the following cutscene, he'll disappear permanently. He'll reappear twice later on, but both are easy enough, scripted and he won't chase very far.

Basically, he only really stalks you during the 2nd RPD visit.

User Info: The-DreamKiller

The-DreamKiller
1 month ago#4
I honestly prefer Mr.X's slow dumbazz chasing me around than having to deal with extra zombies and plant guys. It feels relieving when ya know Birkin takes him out of commission but Claire encounters more enemies to "balance" it out.

In the control room are 3 zombies waiting for Claire, for Leon that room is completely empty. the whole lab part with Leon was a breeze since Mr. X only chases you through like 2 rooms while Claire has to battle her way through a bunch of extra plant guys.Although he does die in Claire's campaign I think Leon only has 1 more encounter than her when you don't include the final boss in his first run.

He chases Claire through the parking lot and under the orphanage right before he's ya know.i know Ada encounters him as well but honestly you can complete that part of her section before he gets anywhere near you, same for Claire in the orphanage.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
1 month ago#5
The-DreamKiller posted...
the whole lab part with Leon was a breeze since Mr. X only chases you through like 2 rooms while Claire has to battle her way through a bunch of extra plant guys.

Pretty sure there are the same number of Ivies in either character's run in the plant 43 room. Leon's run is technically harder because if you get grabbed more than twice you have Mr.X caught up on you, which make the quick escape a touch more difficult, might even force you to go back down the ladder (f*** walking past those Lickers AGAIN, sooooo sllllooooooow). Claire can simply Acid Round the Ivies for a good stun.

The only extra Ivy for Claire would be the one when you come back into the room you used the vial in, but all you do is go left around the table so it doesn't really change anything.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#6
OverlordDeath posted...
After you get the parking garage access key and trigger the following cutscene, he'll disappear permanently. He'll reappear twice later on, but both are easy enough, scripted and he won't chase very far.

Basically, he only really stalks you during the 2nd RPD visit.

Oh, so it's basically the same as Claire's story, then.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#7
egpNoodlez posted...
The only extra Ivy for Claire would be the one when you come back into the room you used the vial in, but all you do is go left around the table so it doesn't really change anything.

That guy is unpredictable. I've run right by him seemingly oblivious to me but I've also been grabbed almost instantly. >_<
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
1 month ago#8
Kenneth_Writer posted...

I didn't test it, but you might be able to not leave after getting the parking pass and do a quick sweep of the station.

Y’know, I’ve done about 10 runs and I didn’t even think of that myself. I’m certain they’ve blocked it off somehow

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#9
KANE_79 posted...
egpNoodlez posted...

That guy is unpredictable. I've run right by him seemingly oblivious to me but I've also been grabbed almost instantly. >_<

My first time I woulda gotten past him easily, but I was so completely blindsided by him being there (I ran into the room to bypass another Ivy and nearly ran directly into him) that I got disoriented for a solid 2 seconds or so, giving him time to grab me.

TimeForAction posted...
Kenneth_Writer posted...

Y’know, I’ve done about 10 runs and I didn’t even think of that myself. I’m certain they’ve blocked it off somehow

I've never tried to do that, mostly because I've only done runs as Claire and Mr. X comes from the direction of Irons' private elevator, making running in that direction unintuitive.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#10
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
I've never tried to do that, mostly because I've only done runs as Claire and Mr. X comes from the direction of Irons' private elevator, making running in that direction unintuitive.

You could circle a car to get around him, but I assume he'd follow you because the trigger for him going away is making it through the gate near the gun shop. With Leon, the trigger is before you even open the parking garage.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Leon route Mr. X
  • Topic Archived