• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Which part of game is "murderers' row" for you? (Possible Spoilers)

User Info: termina_rzident

termina_rzident
1 month ago#1
What part gives you the most trouble, whether it's the RNG, amount of enemies, etc.

For me, it's going through the streets to get to the orphanage. Those dogs can be absolute run killers.
http://i.imgur.com/qHxe7.jpg

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
1 month ago#2
Dogs are the cheapest enemies in any RE game due to how fast they run and how easy it is to miss them.

User Info: osurpless

osurpless
1 month ago#3
termina_rzident posted...
What part gives you the most trouble, whether it's the RNG, amount of enemies, etc.

For me, it's going through the streets to get to the orphanage. Those dogs can be absolute run killers.

You can dodge them pretty easily, much like Leon on the way to opening Ben’s cell, but it doesn’t hurt to bring extra healing in case.

For me, it would be opening the club key door with Leon to get the jack. It’s not so much hard, it is just than I’m not sure the best ways to deal with that zombie that comes in while the licker is still around, as that only serves to attract Mr. X quicker...
" Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair..." Final Fantasy IX - Trance Kuja

User Info: Cam_Obscura

Cam_Obscura
1 month ago#4
I hate getting attacked from behind! There have been many times where I had full health, and a zombie attacked me from behind and it sent me straight into Danger status. It's bulls***.

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
1 month ago#5
That room with all the G monsters before the king and queen plugs. Those things are sponges and it's tempting to try and just go around them. However, things can really go south if you screw up.

It's not as much of an issue with Claire though since she can fry them all on the way back with the sparkshot.
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#6
osurpless posted...
For me, it would be opening the club key door with Leon to get the jack. It’s not so much hard, it is just than I’m not sure the best ways to deal with that zombie that comes in while the licker is still around, as that only serves to attract Mr. X quicker...

You could try bringing the board you get near the bolt-cutters and boarding that one window. When you return with the club key, force the Licker to leave that hallway by entering, then running back out. When you go back into the hallway it shouldn't be there anymore (it relocates to the other side of the barricade, near the safety deposit room). You're then free to run to the jack handle and again after you grab it.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: Alxyjuno

Alxyjuno
1 month ago#7
No Way Out sub 60 rounds.

Feels very RNG dependent.
...but some things will remain distant dreams forever.

User Info: osurpless

osurpless
1 month ago#8
KANE_79 posted...
osurpless posted...

You could try bringing the board you get near the bolt-cutters and boarding that one window. When you return with the club key, force the Licker to leave that hallway by entering, then running back out. When you go back into the hallway it shouldn't be there anymore (it relocates to the other side of the barricade, near the safety deposit room). You're then free to run to the jack handle and again after you grab it.

Yea, that worked like a charm, and can be done when you first get the cutters as well without fear of the zombies bugging you after you deal with the one already there further up the hall.

Think I didn’t realize it as I only really associate bordering up windows with the East office, and even that is of limited use, as you have to be quick there, lest the hallway zombies congregate while you are trying to put the fuse in...
" Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair..." Final Fantasy IX - Trance Kuja

User Info: The-DreamKiller

The-DreamKiller
1 month ago#9
The f***king dogs and the record room Licker in Leon's A scenario are giving me a ton of trouble atm. I already got S+ on Claire A so trying to get the launcher. Even when I somehow get past the dogs, that Licker hanging around the record room tanks all my shotgun shells and proceeds to absolutely wreck my sht and I know if I sneak past it, that's gonna cause some problems as Mr.X pretty much teleports right outside of the record room after grabbing the jack.

At least with Claire her GL can stun or sometimes even one shot the Lickers but Leon is just not equipped to deal with them as the shotgun causes no knockback and cannot interrupt any of their attack animations. Goodness this is frustrating, I swear Claire's campaign is so much easier.

User Info: jsd1231

jsd1231
1 month ago#10
The-DreamKiller posted...
The f***king dogs and the record room Licker in Leon's A scenario are giving me a ton of trouble atm. I already got S+ on Claire A so trying to get the launcher. Even when I somehow get past the dogs, that Licker hanging around the record room tanks all my shotgun shells and proceeds to absolutely wreck my sht and I know if I sneak past it, that's gonna cause some problems as Mr.X pretty much teleports right outside of the record room after grabbing the jack.

At least with Claire her GL can stun or sometimes even one shot the Lickers but Leon is just not equipped to deal with them as the shotgun causes no knockback and cannot interrupt any of their attack animations. Goodness this is frustrating, I swear Claire's campaign is so much easier.

Sneak past the licker, wait Mr X in the records room, flash him once he gets in, sneak back to main hall.

Alternatively, get into west hallway running, as soon as you hear the licker screaming, go back to main hall, wait for the door to close and go back to the hallway, it should not be here anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Which part of game is "murderers' row" for you? (Possible Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived