• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Broke my record for Claire 2ned S+, good time?

User Info: p0w3rd00dx6

p0w3rd00dx6
2 months ago#41
deamon03 posted...
p0w3rd00dx6 posted...
I’m back, with more annoying questions!
I got down to 1:23 using your tips, thanks man! I’m aiming for 1:19 ideally.

In the police station, the fastest I’ve gotten to G1 is 13 minutes. How are you getting there in 7 minutes? The fastest I’ve gotten to the gate you open with the knife is 3:00. Are you grabbing gunpowders, flash grenades, and the flame rounds in the lockers and STARS office?

I get there 7-8min for Claire B. For claire A its more like 12min

Edit: grats on your new best time

Ahhhh. Finally finished Claire A at 1:18:45, about fifteen seconds ahead of what I was aiming for. Ended up getting the grenade launcher in the police station, used the other tips to save some time, flame rounded G2 seven times after the first grenade and he flew off the platform about five minutes ahead of schedule, and managed to get out pretty quickly.

I think this is my last Claire A hardcore no-save run or I’ll drive myself crazy; couldn’t have done it without your help!

User Info: deamon03

deamon03
2 months ago#42
p0w3rd00dx6 posted...
deamon03 posted...
p0w3rd00dx6 posted...
I’m back, with more annoying questions!
I got down to 1:23 using your tips, thanks man! I’m aiming for 1:19 ideally.

In the police station, the fastest I’ve gotten to G1 is 13 minutes. How are you getting there in 7 minutes? The fastest I’ve gotten to the gate you open with the knife is 3:00. Are you grabbing gunpowders, flash grenades, and the flame rounds in the lockers and STARS office?

I get there 7-8min for Claire B. For claire A its more like 12min

Edit: grats on your new best time

Ahhhh. Finally finished Claire A at 1:18:45, about fifteen seconds ahead of what I was aiming for. Ended up getting the grenade launcher in the police station, used the other tips to save some time, flame rounded G2 seven times after the first grenade and he flew off the platform about five minutes ahead of schedule, and managed to get out pretty quickly.

I think this is my last Claire A hardcore no-save run or I’ll drive myself crazy; couldn’t have done it without your help!

No problem. Yeah it get's intense because you know its a NO SAVE. You feel good that all the licker and G-adults went smooth and then you start choking during the G2 and G3 fight >_<.
Waiting on: FFVII Remake, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro

User Info: TheBendy

TheBendy
2 months ago#43
deamon03 posted...
KANE_79 posted...
Which parts of the game do you find tough, tedious or dangerous?

Getting the second electronic part (clock Tower) is dangerous, you have X trying to give it to you, with a Licker and a zombie near West area, and the library. I try not to waste a flash bang in the library when I am moving the shelves. It depends if there are zombies near it and if the other zombie is still eating ass. Hmm....Lab is easy....you just have to deal with the Plant guys. The sewer is also the toughest part. Going through the damn G-adults and fighting G2 can be a pain. Fighting G2 with just 1 flash bang is a PAIN. I always try to conserve my flash bangs until I fight G2. As for grenades I immediately stash them. I use 1 for the metal sheet door trick when G2 is ripping through it. G1 is easy. 1 knife, 1 grenade (downstairs), 1 flash bang, couple pistol shots, and he's dead.

Tedious part is the beginning. You mix the blue+red and purposely get bit by a zombie for a CAUTION. If you make it without getting bit that is AWESOME. You pretty much try to get into the Secret safe room (before fighting G1) by at least 7-8min. The beginning/garage is make or break pretty much. Gotta run through all the lickers and tank the hits then recovering with 1 green herb. Also, pray they dont hit you.

I want to hear more about the G2 metal door trick, involving a grenade. How does it work?
Think before you ink!

p0w3rd00dx6
2 months ago#44
TheBendy posted...
deamon03 posted...
KANE_79 posted...
Which parts of the game do you find tough, tedious or dangerous?

Getting the second electronic part (clock Tower) is dangerous, you have X trying to give it to you, with a Licker and a zombie near West area, and the library. I try not to waste a flash bang in the library when I am moving the shelves. It depends if there are zombies near it and if the other zombie is still eating ass. Hmm....Lab is easy....you just have to deal with the Plant guys. The sewer is also the toughest part. Going through the damn G-adults and fighting G2 can be a pain. Fighting G2 with just 1 flash bang is a PAIN. I always try to conserve my flash bangs until I fight G2. As for grenades I immediately stash them. I use 1 for the metal sheet door trick when G2 is ripping through it. G1 is easy. 1 knife, 1 grenade (downstairs), 1 flash bang, couple pistol shots, and he's dead.

Tedious part is the beginning. You mix the blue+red and purposely get bit by a zombie for a CAUTION. If you make it without getting bit that is AWESOME. You pretty much try to get into the Secret safe room (before fighting G1) by at least 7-8min. The beginning/garage is make or break pretty much. Gotta run through all the lickers and tank the hits then recovering with 1 green herb. Also, pray they dont hit you.

I want to hear more about the G2 metal door trick, involving a grenade. How does it work?

As soon as his arm comes down by the ventilator, toss a grenade. He’ll come through the door right after.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
2 months ago#45
p0w3rd00dx6 posted...
As soon as his arm comes down by the ventilator, toss a grenade. He’ll come through the door right after.

To expand on the above, damaging him during that phase speeds up his bursting through the door. It's what, a full minute saved?
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

deamon03
2 months ago#46
KANE_79 posted...
p0w3rd00dx6 posted...

To expand on the above, damaging him during that phase speeds up his bursting through the door. It's what, a full minute saved?

something like that.

deamon03
2 months ago#47
@p0w3rd00dx6

No save Claire A S+ Hardcore PS4 PRO. You wanted this no save, so I finally did it.

My Result page: I guess I am better with Claire. Will practice Leon.

https://imgur.com/FpdV9Sx

Result page for Claire for other proof I guess:

https://imgur.com/8yyRuhk

EDIT: Some thoughts, my G2 and G3 fight went perfect. Spark shot is seriously a MUST for those fights. Spark shot is life and its a BEAST of a weapon. I killed G3 right after he threw down the pillar. I also 1 crated G2. Broke my previous record of 1hr 12min WITH 3 Saves, which saving means you're a p****. I Man'd up this time ^_^

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
2 months ago#48
deamon03 posted...

Meh, I was only fifty minutes slower than that. xD
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

deamon03
2 months ago#49
KANE_79 posted...
deamon03 posted...

Meh, I was only fifty minutes slower than that. xD

XD, try harder you can do it ^_^. I got brain dead at the easiest part, the Spark shot room >_>. I was freaking out where the King piece was lol.

p0w3rd00dx6
2 months ago#50
deamon03 posted...
@p0w3rd00dx6

No save Claire A S+ Hardcore PS4 PRO. You wanted this no save, so I finally did it.

My Result page: I guess I am better with Claire. Will practice Leon.

https://imgur.com/FpdV9Sx

Result page for Claire for other proof I guess:

EDIT: Some thoughts, my G2 and G3 fight went perfect. Spark shot is seriously a MUST for those fights. Spark shot is life and its a BEAST of a weapon. I killed G3 right after he threw down the pillar. I also 1 crated G2. Broke my previous record of 1hr 12min WITH 3 Saves, which saving means you're a p****. I Man'd up this time ^_^

Urg. Great job. Damn you.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Broke my record for Claire 2ned S+, good time?
  • Topic Archived