You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE2 Remake Hardcore Weapon Damage Notes

User Info: cheezeit

cheezeit
6 months ago#11
optimusmart posted...
Good work as always TC

Have a few genuine question about G5:

1. So we.can inflict dmg as soon as he appears? (Ive always waited for eye to show as thought he didnt take damage before)

2. Last light cue, do u mean when he shows his weak point? (as I say, ive waited on hardcore for his eye and always killed him in time)

3. If u can dmg him at anytime, he must take highly reduced dmg if not hit in the weak point? (U said RL at the end did 95% of his hp, I assume at his weak point. Well at the start of the battle it didnt seem to do anything...),

Thanks

1. -The game assigns him health before he even fully rips open the door. In fact, if a rocket is shot at the door he's behind as he's crumpling it, the splash will go through the door and do the same damage as shooting him anytime before the eye opens.
-The entire time before the eye opens, most weapons do exactly half damage anywhere he's shot.
-Once the eye FULLY opens, damage goes way up to about triple.
-After the eye fully opens, the less time you have left, the higher damage is multiplied by.
-Because you do more damage the closer he gets, It's a question of how much ammo you currently have for each weapon for when you want to begin using it. It's a waste to use precious ammo early because its damage will be heavily reduced. Non-precious ammo should be used as fast as possible though to chip away at health, because you'll have no use for it after the battle.
2. Notice that lights are evenly spaced on the traincar's roof. As he moves forward, he breaks them one at a time. There's a period of about a second or two when you can see his eye, but he still takes half damage so it's a waste to shoot precious ammo at this time. The second to last light breaking can be used as a cue that his eye is truly all the way open and you can be certain he's taking unresisted damage.
3. Before the eye opens, you just aim for anywhere in the center. Once his eye opens, it's actually the only part of him that has a hitbox. Bullets anywhere else do no damage. The RL doing 95% of his hp is very risky if you don't have a sense of this fights timing. That's from shooting it like a second before you completely run out of room.

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
6 months ago#12
cheezeit posted...
optimusmart posted...
Good work as always TC

Have a few genuine question about G5:

1. So we.can inflict dmg as soon as he appears? (Ive always waited for eye to show as thought he didnt take damage before)

2. Last light cue, do u mean when he shows his weak point? (as I say, ive waited on hardcore for his eye and always killed him in time)

3. If u can dmg him at anytime, he must take highly reduced dmg if not hit in the weak point? (U said RL at the end did 95% of his hp, I assume at his weak point. Well at the start of the battle it didnt seem to do anything...),

Thanks

1. -The game assigns him health before he even fully rips open the door. In fact, if a rocket is shot at the door he's behind as he's crumpling it, the splash will go through the door and do the same damage as shooting him anytime before the eye opens.
-The entire time before the eye opens, most weapons do exactly half damage anywhere he's shot.
-Once the eye FULLY opens, damage goes way up to about triple.
-After the eye fully opens, the less time you have left, the higher damage is multiplied by.
-Because you do more damage the closer he gets, It's a question of how much ammo you currently have for each weapon for when you want to begin using it. It's a waste to use precious ammo early because its damage will be heavily reduced. Non-precious ammo should be used as fast as possible though to chip away at health, because you'll have no use for it after the battle.
2. Notice that lights are evenly spaced on the traincar's roof. As he moves forward, he breaks them one at a time. There's a period of about a second or two when you can see his eye, but he still takes half damage so it's a waste to shoot precious ammo at this time. The second to last light breaking can be used as a cue that his eye is truly all the way open and you can be certain he's taking unresisted damage.
3. Before the eye opens, you just aim for anywhere in the center. Once his eye opens, it's actually the only part of him that has a hitbox. Bullets anywhere else do no damage. The RL doing 95% of his hp is very risky if you don't have a sense of this fights timing. That's from shooting it like a second before you completely run out of room.

Got you, thanks for explaining further ;)
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here

User Info: cheezeit

cheezeit
6 months ago#13
no problemo

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
5 months ago#14
Hi buddy

Something came to my attention recently while playing on assisted;

I think dynamic difficulty may affect sub-weapon (grenade) damage differently to other types. I've noticed some conflicting results regarding grenades from optimising G4 on HC and now assisted

Did u check grenade damage in regards to dynamic difficulty??

If so, would u mind..?? Im thinking grenades may have a set damage value for difficulty and are not affected by the dynamic difficulty modifiers

The grenades seem to have a bigger effect on HC, and a lesser effect on assisted.

I may be completely way off but hopefully you can explain further

Thanks ;)
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
5 months ago#15
Off the top of my head I don't think the math on G2 quite checks out since 7 spark shots on the the front eye + 1 crane will K.O. him every time. Even rounding up to 1500 damage it falls short with a +50% multiplier. It is the shoulder eye the back eye? Love the info though.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
5 months ago#16
Crane is interesting, Carcinogen also said it deals 7k damage, but on HC you can knock off G2 without damaging it in three hits, that's 3k HP that's not accounted for. Weird.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
5 months ago#17
Awesome info, request sticky.

Why is the Shotgun such an utter piece of s*** against G1 though? What was Capcom thinking making G1 so resistant to the Shotgun here?
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: DemonicHuntsman

DemonicHuntsman
5 months ago#18
@cheezeit it looks like the SLS60 does very good damage. Does that mean it's worth keeping permanently? Almost looks like the best A run handgun.
"I'll always need you... But for now, I have this!" - Words of a zombie killing Badass

User Info: darkula666

darkula666
5 months ago#19
any idea how much damage the Unlimited Ammo LE-5 Submachine Gun does?

also does the Rocket Launcher still one shot kill every enemy (except Mr X)
PSN: darkula. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChH9s4dxN8O-Ww9B2eJjt4A Currently playing Destiny Resident Evil 2 remake !

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
5 months ago#20
DemonicHuntsman posted...
@cheezeit it looks like the SLS60 does very good damage. Does that mean it's worth keeping permanently? Almost looks like the best A run handgun.

All up to whether you would prefer a 26 round semi-automatic. I generally swap out the SLS-60 for the JMB Hp3, it takes an extra ten or so seconds to pick up, and being able to fire rapidly without having to wait for focus for max damage is just really handy for me during the rest of the RPD visit, as well as that one zombie on the bus during the run to the Orphanage.

You may prefer to use the SLS-60 in the sewers in order to make the plug visits in one go since the high-cal upgrade eats a space, it's easier to stack on the SLS-60; the high-cal bullets stay chambered separately when you first install the weapon upgrade and the bullets don't appear in your inventory.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE2 Remake Hardcore Weapon Damage Notes