6 months ago #8
    will the difficulty ramp up slowly again after going through various parts of the game

Playing normally you will go back above it when you go for a bit without taking damage just from shooting things and I believe progression. It's only there to give small mercy when you're getting hit alot so you get 3 shotted instead of 2. I'd recommend making sure you have a way to get above caution when you save, so if you die a few times you can adequately take advantage of it. If you're going for S+, forget about it entirely, taking damage is much too costly and dying is out of the question. Also never use the load game from the death menu to load the same save continue would place you at. It's slightly bugged to where it keeps time but doesn't lower dynamic difficulty. Either pick continue or go back to the menu and load a game from there. Also as far as increased damage, the change is minuscule from rank 8 to the above. Going from 65% to 70% sees only a ~7% gain. See my older topic for more on dynamic difficulty.

Previous Versions
    6 months ago
    will the difficulty ramp up slowly again after going through various parts of the game

Playing normally you will go back above it when you go for a bit without taking damage just from shooting things and I believe progression. It's only there to give small mercy when you're getting hit alot so you get 3 shotted instead of 2. I'd recommend making sure you have a way to get above caution when you save, so if you die a few times you can adequately take advantage of it. If you're going for S+ forget about it entirely, taking damage is much too costly and dying is out of the question.
    6 months ago

Playing normally you will go back above it when you go for a bit without taking damage just from shooting things and I believe progression. It's only there to give small mercy when you're getting hit alot so you get 3 shotted instead of 2. I'd recommend making sure you have a way to get above caution when you save, so if you die a few times you can adequately take advantage of it. If you're going for S+, forget about it entirely, taking damage is much too costly and dying is out of the question. Also never use the load game from the death menu. It's slightly bugged to where it keeps time but doesn't lower dynamic difficulty. Either pick continue or go back to the menu and load a game from there.
    6 months ago

Playing normally you will go back above it when you go for a bit without taking damage just from shooting things and I believe progression. It's only there to give small mercy when you're getting hit alot so you get 3 shotted instead of 2. I'd recommend making sure you have a way to get above caution when you save, so if you die a few times you can adequately take advantage of it. If you're going for S+, forget about it entirely, taking damage is much too costly and dying is out of the question. Also never use the load game from the death menu. It's slightly bugged to where it keeps time but doesn't lower dynamic difficulty. Either pick continue or go back to the menu and load a game from there. Also as far as increased damage, the change is minuscule from rank 8 to the above. Going from 65% to 70% sees only a ~7% gain. See my older topic for more on dynamic difficulty.