You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE2 Remake Hardcore Weapon Damage Notes

User Info: cheezeit

cheezeit
4 months ago#1
After my last topic, i've since went through hardcore to test weapon damage. These numbers should be accurate as long as you don't drop to dynamic difficulty Rank 8 from taking too much damage.

Shots from bullet weapons were unfocused and shot at 100% damage regions without a crit proc. Grenade rounds, flamethrower, and spark shot are written with ~ because their damage can be variable. Acid rounds variation is small due to its small splash size. Flame rounds can be highly variable if the enemy has a large body, depending on how many flames are on them after the shot. Flamethrower afterburn listed is the maximum afterburn. The flamethrower's regulator halves ammo usage, so double the listed damage to find damage done for it (but remember the ammo counter goes down half as fast). Spark shot variation is very small.

Zombie (Variable) (800hp Estimated Average +/- 30%)
Weapon Damage
MQ11: 33 (Suppressor 37)
Samurai Edge (Jill): 52
Samurai Edge (Chris): 59
Matilda: 65 (Stock 72)
Samurai Edge (Albert): 72
SLS60 Handgun: 75
M19: 91
JMB HP3: 98
Quickdraw Army: 117
SLS60 High-Powered: 423
Lightning Hawk: 423 (Barrel 529)
W-870: 468
Acid Rounds: ~430 (melts limbs)
Flame Rounds: ~1,600
Hand Grenade: 845
Flamethrower: ~15 per fuel (~650 afterburn)
Spark Shot: ~800 (Condenser ~970) (stuns while shocking)
Additional Notes
The following bypasses health and kills the zombie: pistol headshot when a critical procs, shotgun headshot where all pellets hit, magnum headshot, hand grenade counter.

Licker (1,500hp)
Regions
Brain: 120% Body: 100%
Weapon Damage
MQ11: 46 (Suppressor 57)
Samurai Edge (Jill): 42
Samurai Edge (Chris): 47
Matilda: 52 (Stock 58)
Samurai Edge (Albert): 58
SLS60 Handgun: 60
M19: 73
JMB HP3: 78
Quickdraw Army: 94
Magnums: 423 (Lightning Hawk w/Barrel 529)
Shotgun: 295
Acid Rounds: ~910 (causes stun ONLY when on floor)
Flame Rounds: ~1,530 (clean shot to the back when NOT on ceiling) (causes panic)
Flamethrower: ~18 per fuel (~400 afterburn) (causes panic)
Spark Shot: ~2070 (Condenser ~2,490) (If on ceiling, aim must follow body as it drops) (stuns while shocking)

G1 (5,000hp)
Regions
Head/Eye: 100% Body/Legs/Left Arm: 80% Pipe Arm: 50%
Weapon Damage
Matilda: 65
Shotgun: 145
Acid Rounds: ~400 (causes stun)
Flame Rounds: ~450 (Less if not chest shot)
Hand Grenade: 520

Dog (~300hp)
Regions
Anywhere 100%
Weapon Damage
Magnums: Death
Shotgun: 676
Acid Rounds: Death
Flame Rounds: Death
Hand Grenade: Death

GAdult (1,885hp - 2,300hp)
Regions
Eye: 100% Exposed Head: 50% Head/Legs: 25% Body/Arms: 16.6%
Weapon Damage
MQ11: 51 (Suppressor 64)
Magnums: 453 (Lightning Hawk w/Barrel 566)
Shotgun: 366
Hand Grenade: 585
Acid Rounds: ~550
Flame Rounds: ~1,100 (causes panic)
Flamethrower: ~22 per fuel (~600 afterburn)
Spark Shot: ~2,020

cheezeit
4 months ago#2
G2 (24,000hp)
Regions
Back Eye: 195% Front Eye: 150% Head: 100% Body: 85%
Weapon Damage
Crane: 7,000
Shotgun: 468
Acid Rounds: ~700
Flame Rounds: ~2,000 (Range: +/- 500)
Flamethrower: ~34 per fuel (~980 afterburn)
Spark Shot: ~1,220
Additional Notes
Damage Needed for G2 Kneel:
Above 16,500hp (~70%) = 2,860 damage
Between = 3,650 damage
Below 10,080hp (~40%) = 2,060 damage

G3 (15,000hp)
Regions
Eye: 100% Head: 80% Body: 50%
Weapon Damage
MQ11: 39 (Suppressor 49)
Magnums: 325 (Lightning Hawk w/Barrel 407)
Shotgun: 263
Acid Rounds: ~450 (causes stun)
Flame Rounds ~425 (Range: +/- 100)
Flamethrower: ~12 per fuel (~200 afterburn)
Spark Shot: ~1,140 (Condenser ~1,360)
Additional Notes
Following a kneel and roar, when he begins walking, there is an hp check to reduce his health if he has too much.
1st Kneel/Roar: Checks for any health remaining above 9,000 (60%), reduces it by 75%
2nd Kneel/Roar: Checks for for any health remaining above 5,000 (33%), reduces it by 75%

Super Tyrant
Same as Standard. 3 minute 30 second timer. Each flinch makes it count down 66% faster. Max at 3 flinches where it will count down at triple the speed.

G5 (20,000hp)
Same as Standard. He takes increasing damage as he gets closer. The second to last light breaking is a cue that you need to use your best ammo. This means you have exactly 20 seconds left before his instant death attack. I waited a couple seconds before it was too late and the Antitank did 19,000 damage on hardcore.

Standard Mode and Dynamic Difficulty Notes
My older topic is here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/179835-resident-evil-2/77488226

Note the things i've gotten wrong on the original posts are (in order):
-The Spark Shot's condenser adds ~20% damage.
-Licker's can be shot on the wall with flame rounds for full damage. Their ceiling fall reduces flame round damage to ~26%. The Spark Shot will do full damage to ceiling lickers if you follow them as they drop.
-The note that Spark Shot only works on birkin when he kneels is only a safety suggestion for the average player as it does not stun on it's own. There may be strategies where the Spark Shot can see unrestrained use.
-G2 must take 11,000 damage on Standard for the crane to defeat him in one hit. He needs 3 crane hits on Hardcore to be defeated if minimally damaged.
-G3 is stunlocked by acid rounds. People use them to breeze the battle.

Other Notes
-As is already known, i'll confirm that all enemy hp is a static handpicked number for each enemy. It does not seem to change by difficulty or scenario. As a quick example, the sleeping sewer zombie that guards the blue herb always has 920hp.
-AssassinZeroOne left a comment about alternating grenades on my last topic, and I can confirm that acid and flame do not overwrite each other's damage over time. Good tip for bosses.
-I've found Acid rounds do not override themselves. The damage seems to stack as fast as you can fire. This along with their resistance-pierce makes them a stronger gunpowder candidate than I thought. For flame rounds, about half the damage is guaranteed before the next resets the DOT.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: DemonicHuntsman

DemonicHuntsman
4 months ago#3
I love these posts.
"I'll always need you... But for now, I have this!" - Words of a zombie killing Badass

User Info: nintypercent

nintypercent
4 months ago#4
Do you have any way to see the adaptive difficult rank and how if fluxuates for HC? I noticed that if you suicide to the very first gas station Zombie he kills Leon in two bits (red dead). If you hit continue and suicide a 2nd time he kills you in 3 bites (yellow, red. dead) which seems to be where the adaptive difficult stops decreasing but maybe your monitor would be able to see exactly what is happening.

cheezeit
4 months ago#5
suicide to the very first gas station Zombie he kills Leon in two bits (red dead). If you hit continue and suicide a 2nd time he kills you in 3 bites

I keep seeing this posted around. From what I see, the reason he goes to caution after a death is because you've dropped to rank 8 dynamic difficulty.
To be specific, a fully-limbed zombie bite's base damage is 28.33%. At rank 8 you take double, so the bite is now 56.66%. You drop into caution because your health went below 66%. When you start hardcore, you're a couple ranks past 8. Attacks do triple damage at these ranks, so the bite does 85%. You go into danger because this drops your health below 30%. There's a mercy mechanic where if you're not in danger, the game shouldn't kill you from non-instant death attacks which is why enemies aren't one-shotting you after healing with a single green herb.

User Info: darkula666

darkula666
4 months ago#6
great post, sticky request
PSN: darkula. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChH9s4dxN8O-Ww9B2eJjt4A Currently playing Destiny Resident Evil 2 remake !

User Info: HaimerejZero

HaimerejZero
4 months ago#7
Hi, TC. does this mean suiciding at the gas station a few times and continuing from death a few times would allow me to deal more damage and receive less damage in the rest of my run thru hardcore?

or will the difficulty ramp up slowly again after going through various parts of the game?
http://haimerejzero.deviantart.com/

cheezeit
4 months ago#8
will the difficulty ramp up slowly again after going through various parts of the game

Playing normally you will go back above it when you go for a bit without taking damage just from shooting things and I believe progression. It's only there to give small mercy when you're getting hit alot so you get 3 shotted instead of 2. I'd recommend making sure you have a way to get above caution when you save, so if you die a few times you can adequately take advantage of it. If you're going for S+, forget about it entirely, taking damage is much too costly and dying is out of the question. Also never use the load game from the death menu to load the same save continue would place you at. It's slightly bugged to where it keeps time but doesn't lower dynamic difficulty. Either pick continue or go back to the menu and load a game from there. Also as far as increased damage, the change is minuscule from rank 8 to the above. Going from 65% to 70% sees only a ~7% gain. See my older topic for more on dynamic difficulty.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: DarkZapper

DarkZapper
4 months ago#9
Thanks for the info!
fc 4940 6803 4203 for 3ds Ultra sun IGN paige, ultra moon ign Danny.

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
4 months ago#10
Good work as always TC

Have a few genuine question about G5:

1. So we.can inflict dmg as soon as he appears? (Ive always waited for eye to show as thought he didnt take damage before)

2. Last light cue, do u mean when he shows his weak point? (as I say, ive waited on hardcore for his eye and always killed him in time)

3. If u can dmg him at anytime, he must take highly reduced dmg if not hit in the weak point? (U said RL at the end did 95% of his hp, I assume at his weak point. Well at the start of the battle it didnt seem to do anything...),

Thanks
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE2 Remake Hardcore Weapon Damage Notes