• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Do people really like Resident Evil 5?

User Info: Slayersfan

Slayersfan
4 weeks ago#1
Hey all,

I don't own the remake of Resident Evil 2 yet but would like to get it eventually. I've replayed all of the older games, from the originals to the remakes (except for 6, 7 and the new RE2 since I don't own them) and had a blast.I have to say though, easily my least favorite was 5. I was kind of shocked to see at least on Reddit and a few other places I checked, this is their top game?

I'm not trying to crap on it if it is everyone fav, I just wanted to throw a few things out since I just played a bunch of the games. Maybe people don't agree with this, but that's fine.

1. People say that the fear/isolation was removed once RE4 came out, and I can understand that it's definitely more of an action feel to it in the later half of the game, but I still thought it was scary in some parts, and had a horror feel to it. RE5 was the first (for me) that totally threw that out the window. It felt like I was in a Call of Duty setting most of the time.

2. Once you complete a section of the game, you go into this hub world/screen, where you select weapons, next mission stuff, etc. It just completely took me out of the game as it doesn't feel like Resident Evil at all.

3. I know people make fun of the Chris hitting the rock thing, but it's true. While the other games had hammy/corny moments, I feel like there were way more in this then others.

4. I personally thought the story itself was rather bland, and the origin of the virus was phoned in, along with what they did to Wesker at the end. Just my personal opinion on that one, but I really didn't like where they went with it.

A few positives, I thought the multiplayer aspect was fun, and the horde type mode was much better in this then 4, and more polished. Thanks for listening.
3DS friends code - 1864-9760-0835

User Info: woahiluvdis

woahiluvdis
4 weeks ago#2
No I doubt there are any people that like it

User Info: Jaqen_Hghar

Jaqen_Hghar
4 weeks ago#3
I Loved RE5, still play it once or twice a year.
valar morghulis "All men must perish"
valar dohaeris "All men must serve!"

User Info: doowop

doowop
4 weeks ago#4
proud re5 fan here
doowop dooby doowop doolang

User Info: KINGR1P

KINGR1P
4 weeks ago#5
I liked it but its easily my least favorite over the shoulder RE.

User Info: Sprint3r06

Sprint3r06
4 weeks ago#6
I can verify that no one in the world actually likes it.

User Info: osurpless

osurpless
4 weeks ago#7
doowop posted...
proud re5 fan here

Likewise, the files and expansion into storyline elements were the icing on the cake of the already improved RE4 gameplay.

Even the fear of inconsistent storyline moments turned out to be playful, like when Wesker says “We last met at the Spencer Mansion, didn’t we?” Thinking Capcom forgot about Code Veronica, it was nice to see it was a reference to Jill’s fate, as opposed to the first game.

The music was a disappointment, but RE has been going downhill since RE4 (and most of that score is nothing to write home about for outside listening), to the point that Capcom thankfully gave the option to have the original in the RE2 Remake.
" Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair..." Final Fantasy IX - Trance Kuja

User Info: Game_Fan09

Game_Fan09
4 weeks ago#8
It's not my favorite. It can be fun but, it strayed too far from what made its predecessors great imo.
Hurry up next gen

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#9
I love it for the coop and the Mercenaries. Single player is pretty meh though.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: kgould01

kgould01
4 weeks ago#10
It's my least fav.
PS4: SNUBKILLER75 Resident Evil 2, Red Dead 2, Spider-Man, The Division and The Evil Within 2
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Do people really like Resident Evil 5?
  • Topic Archived