• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: reptileeggmilk

reptileeggmilk
1 week ago#1
I was aged 15 and on work experience with British Water going out in a wagon to fix underground water pipes etc in places like Oldham (England). On the day RE2 released we were heading back to the depo and I was excited to go and buy the game, but we broke down on the motorway on the way back! So we had to stand on side of road and I was pissed off, but we didn't have to wait long for rescue and then I went and bought the game, which being the PAL version had superior box art to the US version.

User Info: lunarsword

lunarsword
1 week ago#2
reptileeggmilk posted...
I was aged 15 and on work experience with British Water going out in a wagon to fix underground water pipes etc in places like Oldham (England). On the day RE2 released we were heading back to the depo and I was excited to go and buy the game, but we broke down on the motorway on the way back! So we had to stand on side of road and I was pissed off, but we didn't have to wait long for rescue and then I went and bought the game, which being the PAL version had superior box art to the US version.

OK?

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
1 week ago#3
I love reading stuff like this.

For me, in 1998, I was just 7 years old. Was this the year that Ocarina of Time came out? I got it for Christmas and it was the first videogame I ever technically owned. When I unwrapped it I showed it to my dad, excited to watch him play it, and he just laughed and told me that it was my game to play.
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
1 week ago#4
There was no Devil May Cry yet. Only Resident Evil and Street Fighter were Capcom's best sellers.
The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
1 week ago#5
I was in highschool, great times.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 week ago#6
I was 8 years old generally playing Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Bandicoot, and Earthworm Jim.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Trojien

Trojien
1 week ago#7
Is this the room where everybody shares his story where you were when RE2 came out?

Then we hug ourselves and shed some manly tears?

User Info: reptileeggmilk

reptileeggmilk
1 week ago#8
Trojien posted...
Is this the room where everybody shares his story where you were when RE2 came out?

Then we hug ourselves and shed some manly tears?

Yes

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 week ago#9
in 98 I was a junior in high school

my memory from age 17 til about age 25 is kinda hazy

there's bits and pieces I remember but it's like a dream
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 week ago#10
Well, guess we know who did all the pot.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
  • Topic Archived