• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE3 is the true sequel to RE1 and more important than RE2.

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
1 week ago#1
RE3 continued Jill's adventure and showed what happened to her and Brad, as well as depicted the full consequences of Umbrella's experiments. She gets infected and the T-virus antibodies inside her are used in RE5.

RE2 didn't have anything to do with RE1. It's just a side story about 2 random people that are completely unrelated to the mansion incident (Claire's motivation is totally weak 'Oh I'm looking for my brother, oh he's already in Europe, oh gee I best get out of this mess!').

Re3 is the true sequel to RE1. RE2 is a long side story.

Logic dictates if RE3 is the true sequel to RE1, and RE2 is a side story, then Code Veronica is the true sequel of a side story and RE3 is the real RE3.

In conclusion, let's keep Code Veronica in the side story scrap heap and never do a remake or a remaster/re-release of it again.
PSN: DerekWilder

User Info: krono069

krono069
1 week ago#2
Too bad RE3 was nowhere near the game that RE2 was.
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
1 week ago#3
krono069 posted...

Yeah, it's too bad it made massive gameplay improvements, a graphical leap, and featured the most iconic monster of the series. Also sucked that they had cool UBCS members as side characters instead of a little kid who can't defend herself and a monotone spy in a pencil skirt.
PSN: DerekWilder

User Info: AssassinZeroOne

AssassinZeroOne
1 week ago#4
I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. RE2 had nothing to do with RE1? If you say so...

User Info: Trojien

Trojien
1 week ago#5
Who cares?

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
1 week ago#6
krono069 posted...

Came into this topic ready to say this exact same thing.

RE3 is overrated.

User Info: Doppier

Doppier
1 week ago#7
Nice job concealing your CV hate topic. Props to you.
Lurking since 2002.

User Info: PotholeFace

PotholeFace
1 week ago#8
There is a difference between a branch off and a side story. RE4 is a side story.

User Info: Kindler

Kindler
1 week ago#9
Trojien posted...
Who cares?

(Though I think Nemesis is the best of the classic style games, and it's my favorite overall).

User Info: chief606

chief606
1 week ago#10
I agree they aren't the same. 2 is probably one of the best games in the series. It's my personal favorite game period. And the introduction to the G Virus is pretty awesome. 4 campaigns, zapping system. Truly is an amazing game. But I like 3 as well.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE3 is the true sequel to RE1 and more important than RE2.
  • Topic Archived