• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Poll: RE2 or REmake2?

User Info: TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral
1 week ago#21
Original because the b scenario isn't completely half assed
The only correct alignment

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 week ago#22
Original: 10/10
REmake: 9/10
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: TrevorBlack79

TrevorBlack79
1 week ago#23
I love both, but I don't expect to play classic RE2 much anymore. Maybe it's because I played the s*** out of it back in the 90s. Either way both are excellent but I have to give it to the remake.
"a minority is someone who you can tell off the bat they are black/hispanic/colored. LGBT isn't a minority" - Blakkheim1

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
1 week ago#24
Both have their strengths and weaknesses, which actually makes it all the more frustrating that this remake wasn't perfect.

See, REmake 1 made the original fairly obsolete. I miss pretty much nothing about the PS1 RE1 that I can't get in the REmake.

With this RE2make on the other hand, I miss the complementary scenarios where each character fought different bosses; I miss some of the missing enemies; I miss certain characteristics of the old atmosphere (though the R.P.D. is pretty much pure improvement in RE2make!); I miss many of the old files. Yet I can't just be content with the original, because RE2make has now spoiled me with better acting, better and more cinematic presentation for the cut scenes, gorgeous graphics that enhance the visual atmosphere as much as REmake did for RE1, etc.

For this reason, RE2make presents a uniquely frustrating experience of loving it enough that I can't just stick with the original, but cutting out enough I loved about the original that I also can't say, as I could with RE1, that I don't even need the original anymore. And if I play either the RE2make OR the original RE2, I'll miss things about the other.

Obviously I'm not hating on RE2make or else I'd just be saying I prefer the original RE2 hands down. As it is, I can't decide.

Storywise I will say I prefer the overall version and flow of events in the original, and so in terms of which one I think of as "canon" in my head it's the original, but in terms strictly of enjoyment, they both kind of have their strong points and weak points, which creates the conundrum I mentioned.

User Info: AssassinZeroOne

AssassinZeroOne
1 week ago#25
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...
Both have their strengths and weaknesses, which actually makes it all the more frustrating that this remake wasn't perfect.

See, REmake 1 made the original fairly obsolete. I miss pretty much nothing about the PS1 RE1 that I can't get in the REmake.

With this RE2make on the other hand, I miss the complementary scenarios where each character fought different bosses; I miss some of the missing enemies; I miss certain characteristics of the old atmosphere (though the R.P.D. is pretty much pure improvement in RE2make!); I miss many of the old files. Yet I can't just be content with the original, because RE2make has now spoiled me with better acting, better and more cinematic presentation for the cut scenes, gorgeous graphics that enhance the visual atmosphere as much as REmake did for RE1, etc.

For this reason, RE2make presents a unique to frustrating experience of loving it enough that I can't just stick with the original, but cutting out enough I loved about the original that I also can't say, as I could with RE1, that I don't even need the original anymore. And if I play either the RE2make OR the original RE2, I'll miss things about the other.

Obviously I'm not hating on RE2make or else I'd just be saying I prefer the original RE2 hands down. As it is, I can't decide.

Storywise I will say I prefer the overall version and flow of events in the original, and so in terms of which one I think of as "canon" in my head it's the original, but in terms strictly of enjoyment, they both kind of have their strong points and weak points, which creates the conundrum I mentioned.

I completely agree, well said. I think a lot of old school RE fans have a similar mindset.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#26
Phewfus posted...
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
ryouma17 posted...
the original has a much better story, and great voice acting

the remake looks better but graphics arnt everything

Great voice acting? 😂

Yeah... no dude just no.

"It Worked!" Yeah RE2 has great voice acting.... in comparison to the first RE.

Remake 2 has good voice acting and improved characterizations in some aspects (like Marvin). Also Remake 2 actually gives a story reason behind why Umbrella steals their own G-virus research which the original didn't do.

I love both the OG and remake. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Birkin was not willing to had over the G-Virus to Umbrella, so Umbrella sent in spies and agents to recover it.

"To: Mr. Brian Irons, Chief of the Raccoon City Police Dept.

We have a problem. I have received information informing me that Umbrella HQ has sent spies to recover my research on the G-virus. There are an unknown number of agents involved. They must not be allowed to take this project away from me as it represents my entire life's work.
Search the city thoroughly for any suspicious persons. Detain any such individuals by whatever means deemed necessary and contact me immediately through Annette. With these precautions, any possible threat should be eliminated.
I will not allow anyone to steal my work on the G-virus. Not even Umbrella..."
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
1 week ago#27
I honestly like them both equally. I kinda wished I would have like the remake a little bit more (the original already had the bar set pretty high) but a few things kinda irked me about the remake. I feel like had they remained just a tad bit more true to the original in some aspects, I would have enjoyed the remake more. Such as the dumb looking final form Tyrant in the remake, they changed up and altered the locations wayyy more than I had hoped they would in the second half of the game, they didn’t do the A/B scenarious any justice in the remake, etc.

User Info: JFKTV

JFKTV
1 week ago#28
ryouma17 posted...

Haha.

But like what mostly everyone said, I love them both, but the OG did some things better while the remake did other things better. All the remake had to do was have definitive A/B scenarios [zap system] with Leon and Claire havin’ different boss fights, and I may have put it above the OG.
PSN = JFKTV --- I'm not great at video games, but I'm good enough to beat them. I have music at primaveravills.bandcamp.com

User Info: Phewfus

Phewfus
1 week ago#29
ChaozCloud posted...
Phewfus posted...
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
ryouma17 posted...

Great voice acting? 😂

Yeah... no dude just no.

"It Worked!" Yeah RE2 has great voice acting.... in comparison to the first RE.

Remake 2 has good voice acting and improved characterizations in some aspects (like Marvin). Also Remake 2 actually gives a story reason behind why Umbrella steals their own G-virus research which the original didn't do.

I love both the OG and remake. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Birkin was not willing to had over the G-Virus to Umbrella, so Umbrella sent in spies and agents to recover it.

"To: Mr. Brian Irons, Chief of the Raccoon City Police Dept.

We have a problem. I have received information informing me that Umbrella HQ has sent spies to recover my research on the G-virus. There are an unknown number of agents involved. They must not be allowed to take this project away from me as it represents my entire life's work.
Search the city thoroughly for any suspicious persons. Detain any such individuals by whatever means deemed necessary and contact me immediately through Annette. With these precautions, any possible threat should be eliminated.
I will not allow anyone to steal my work on the G-virus. Not even Umbrella..."

Yeah but why? The OG never explained his or Umbrella's reasoning for doing what they do.

The remake actually explains why Umbrella was going to take the gvirus from Birkin, which was due to him breaching his contract by being illegally in contact with third parties and planning to sell it.

That is a bit more of a justifiable cause to shoot your top employee than that he irrationally loves G so much he won't give it up.

User Info: Mercenary217

Mercenary217
1 week ago#30
OG is my favorite game of all time. I've sunken days upon days into it. After playing this one I can't go back. OG is so goofy at all times I miss LEON!(insert nonsense one liner) or CLAIRE!(captain f***ing obvious statement) , Ben and Irons splitting in half and Ada randomly shooting a pool of sewer water for you to get attacked by a normal looking giant alligator. RE2 remake is perfect for me and OG will always be in my heart. I remember these threads when REmake came out now its the pinnacle of resident evil and Re2 remake will follow.
PSN - RecklessGiant
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Poll: RE2 or REmake2?
  • Topic Archived