• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Does this game actually require skill?

User Info: ANation

ANation
1 week ago#1
I've seen many topic and posts with people asking others to unlock the infinite ammo guns. What skills are actually required to do this? I literally watched a video on YouTube to unlock the guns.
ANation divided.

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
1 week ago#2
Be a good player

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
1 week ago#3
The skill of patience to continually switch between game and video every 15 seconds for 2 hours.

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
1 week ago#4
Beats me. Ask the dude who posted that video you watched. I ain’t got no skill for speed runs.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#5
It requires memorization.

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 week ago#6
Shablagoo posted...
The skill of patience to continually switch between game and video every 15 seconds for 2 hours.
That sounds awful. I’ve never done it that way. I can do all the puzzles without a guide and will only look up the safe combinations (only one I can’t remember by heart for some reason is the waiting room one).

In terms of everything else, I pretty much know the game like the back of my hand at this point, which I recommend anyone going for the S+ weapons do, so you don’t have to do that awful switching to a video thing.

So to answer you TC, it does take skill that you develop over time. You need time and resource management. Which things to do and which things to pass on. When to fight and when to run. How to effectively kill each boss in a short amount of time saving as much ammo and health items as possible.
Horror game enthusiast (84 completed)

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
1 week ago#7
KarmelCHAOS posted...

This is the true answer. I’ve already done 3 playthroughs and still don’t feel nearly confident enough to try for any of the unlocks.

User Info: idonliketurtles

idonliketurtles
1 week ago#8
If you're talking about Hardcore S+, there are just a lot of people that convince themselves they cannot do it and resign themselves to failure.

I think it's a generational thing. Developers made it a trend of selling in-game unlockables as DLC instead of making it earnable like in the past. So we have a generation of players that are used to paying for these types of things and will seek out any way of obtaining them other than legitimately earning them.

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
1 week ago#9
I think the unlock is more intimidating than it's difficult. beating the game under 2:30 on hardcore without using any of the infinite weapons and with only 3 saves sounds really hard. But when you are familiar with the game having played through it few times it's not nearly as hard as you'd expect it to be.

I believe most people will be able to do it by following a guide. It's more of a mental block than a skill ceiling.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#10
Shablagoo posted...
KarmelCHAOS posted...

This is the true answer. I’ve already done 3 playthroughs and still don’t feel nearly confident enough to try for any of the unlocks.

I followed a video for my third run, then by the fourth I had all of scenario A memorized and it completely changes the game. Still don’t have 2nd Run memorized but it’s mostly the same.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Does this game actually require skill?
  • Topic Archived