• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Game has at least 7 million sold so far.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 week ago#61
You can easily check that the numbers represent what I'm saying:

total plays: 4.5 million + 3 million = 7.5 million (we're in agreement on this)

percent leon plays: 4.5 million / 7.5 million = 64% (you can check my math)

Percent Leon first plays : 79% (stated by website)

64 != 79 (if we can't agree on this, I don't know what to do)

therefore

the 4.5 million number does NOT represent first time Leon play.

edit: I spoiler marked something I meant to italicize. lol.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#62
And people thought KH3 was gonna get 10/10 scores and sell heaps better than RE2 and dominate completely 😂😂😂

Well deserved sales for RE2, a great remake no matter how much the salty purists complain.

User Info: Shayner55

Shayner55
1 week ago#63
Yuji Kaido posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
Numbers are right there champ. We can go over many what if scenarios your small mind can produce, but they don't lie and at least ballpark.

we don't need to invent scenarios, like you're doing. 4.5 million games have been started as Leon. and 3 million as Claire. I account for 2 of each of them. Some of my friends account for 5+ each. They did NOT buy the game each time.

And this account is older than you son.

and yet you can't read. Now I feel bad for you. :(

1. "I did this so everyone else did" isn't foolproof logic regarding. And as I said in the topic title it is "at least" so that even accounts for what if. Those raw numbers give more evidence than anything you have provided.

2. I checked your account info after the fact. I'll bite the bullet in that one.

"At least" means that your number, 7 million, is the minimum amount. "There were at least that many sold". That phraseology does not imply you are accounting for "what ifs". Just take the L and go about your business. You've read some stats wrong I've taken stats courses and have done the same thing a thousand times. It's all good man
Growing up I was told I'd never make a Gamefaqs account but look at me now dad!!
Can't wait for the R3make. R3make coined by meh

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
1 week ago#64
Shayner55 posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
Numbers are right there champ. We can go over many what if scenarios your small mind can produce, but they don't lie and at least ballpark.

we don't need to invent scenarios, like you're doing. 4.5 million games have been started as Leon. and 3 million as Claire. I account for 2 of each of them. Some of my friends account for 5+ each. They did NOT buy the game each time.

1. "I did this so everyone else did" isn't foolproof logic regarding. And as I said in the topic title it is "at least" so that even accounts for what if. Those raw numbers give more evidence than anything you have provided.

2. I checked your account info after the fact. I'll bite the bullet in that one.

"At least" means that your number, 7 million, is the minimum amount. "There were at least that many sold". That phraseology does not imply you are accounting for "what ifs". Just take the L and go about your business. You've read some stats wrong I've taken stats courses and have done the same thing a thousand times. It's all good man

It's not a L tho. And it does account for them because at minimum that many have played the game. You guys want me to be wrong so bad, but I ain't having it.
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree? Your problem.

User Info: wishroom

wishroom
1 week ago#65
Such a fine game, great that it's being supported.

User Info: Shayner55

Shayner55
1 week ago#66
Yuji Kaido posted...
Shayner55 posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...

It's not a L tho. And it does account for them because at minimum that many have played the game. You guys want me to be wrong so bad, but I ain't having it.

It seems closer to 4 million have played it. 4 million separate people have played Leon the first time and I would hazard a guess that 3 million of those 4 million eventually tried Claire. This stat is not about first time play, as there is a separate stat for that. It's an L because you misinterpreted the stat you are citing to mean something it simply does not mean. Let it go bud
Growing up I was told I'd never make a Gamefaqs account but look at me now dad!!
Can't wait for the R3make. R3make coined by meh

Yuji Kaido
1 week ago#67
https://www.dualshockers.com/resident-evil-2-best-selling-psn-europe-january/
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree? Your problem.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
1 week ago#68
Some seriously big delusions here.

Yuji Kaido
1 week ago#69
ExperiencePoint posted...
Some seriously big delusions here.

That's right. Join the bandwagon. When those sales figures drop just have your excuses prepped!

User Info: sirliftalot87

sirliftalot87
1 week ago#70
I don't think those stats mean 7 million sold
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Game has at least 7 million sold so far.
  • Topic Archived