• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Possible to lose the infinite knife?

User Info: TheGm86

TheGm86
1 week ago#21
Wbis posted...
Trojien posted...
Just was asking, there are few enemies which get despawned, what about that?

I don’t think anything gets despawned, I think people are just misunderstanding the fact that when you enter a room and exit again the enemies are placed in different positions and essentially reset unless they’re aggro’d then they will follow you.
As far as lickers go as soon as you enter a room they instantly de-aggro and reset their position. The licker in west hallway does not “despawn” it resets into a new position. Whoever is spreading around this information about despawning enemies is spreading false information and clearly doesn’t understand the games mechanics.

I've had 3 zombies I left legless in the east hallway despawn so they game could activate more zombies as I left the police station. deal with it.
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.

User Info: Wbis

Wbis
1 week ago#22
Lansfield posted...
Wbis posted...
Trojien posted...

I don’t think anything gets despawned, I think people are just misunderstanding the fact that when you enter a room and exit again the enemies are placed in different positions and essentially reset unless they’re aggro’d then they will follow you.
As far as lickers go as soon as you enter a room they instantly de-aggro and reset their position. The licker in west hallway does not “despawn” it resets into a new position. Whoever is spreading around this information about despawning enemies is spreading false information and clearly doesn’t understand the games mechanics.

Have you checked the zombies from the window in the west hallway?

On my Leon playthrough I normally kill the zombie that comes through the window near the club key and then board that window up so I don’t have any particular issues myself. However I have noticed from watching speedrunners that it is the exact same zombie that comes through the window earlier in the game as they tend to leave it alive. It’s default standing position is right in front of that window, when first entering west hallway but when you go into the records room and it’s not aggrod it resets to further down the hall and I believe the licker resets position to the hallway outside West Office as this is where it originally comes from.

User Info: Trojien

Trojien
1 week ago#23
Wbis posted...
Trojien posted...

There are 2 zombies outside the art room which I think despawn as soon as you trigger Mr. X.

And the zombie near the sewer safe despawns when you've beaten G2.

Or are they placed somewhere else?

User Info: Wbis

Wbis
1 week ago#24
Trojien posted...
Wbis posted...
Trojien posted...

There are 2 zombies outside the art room which I think despawn as soon as you trigger Mr. X.

And the zombie near the sewer safe despawns when you've beaten G2.

Or are they placed somewhere else?

In B scenario yeh I noticed that they disappear, I’ll give you that.

Have never looked at that zombie in the sewer so honestly I don’t have a clue, though tbh if it does it makes sense from a Claire perspective as you have to run through that area holding sherry and you cannot shoot so if you had woken it but not killed it that’d be a super annoying situation to be in. I’m also not sure the zombies would be programmed to grab you while you’re holding her. The other door also “locks” so you can’t go running back through the sewers until you put Sherry/Ada on the tram.

User Info: Jupiters

Jupiters
1 week ago#25
Dogs in the garage area,after the circuit puzzle, despawns too
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Possible to lose the infinite knife?
  • Topic Archived