• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Possible to lose the infinite knife?

User Info: HardBoiledGamer

HardBoiledGamer
1 week ago#1
Suppose someone grabs me and gives me the prompt to stab them to escape using the infinite knife. If I don't kill them, do I lose that knife for the entire playthrough?
Currently playing: COD BO4, Resident Evil 2 Remake
Waiting: Anthem, Days Gone, DMC 5

User Info: BlueMello_88

BlueMello_88
1 week ago#2
Yes.

User Info: resevl4rlz

resevl4rlz
1 week ago#3
if you dont kill the zombie that grab you, you lose it

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
1 week ago#4
Well if you don't get it back from them then yes you lose it.

As for forever lose it I think the G2 fight it can be permanently lost as I knocked him out with the crane and accidentally used my knife at one point and it never reappeared after the fight and wasn't in the item box.

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
1 week ago#5
if you lose it in the game you lose it in real life
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: Unit7

Unit7
1 week ago#6
You can back track to retrieve it.

I went back to RPD before leaving to the labs, killed a zombie and got two of my knives back.

I know in G1 your knife spawns near the ladder if used when grabbed. Not sure about the crane fight though.

User Info: HardBoiledGamer

HardBoiledGamer
1 week ago#7
Good to know. Thanks for the input
Currently playing: COD BO4, Resident Evil 2 Remake
Waiting: Anthem, Days Gone, DMC 5

User Info: SchaefDogg

SchaefDogg
1 week ago#8
So if you lose it can you EVER get it back? Since the raccoon statues are gone for good how can you earn the knife back?

User Info: THuGNiFiCeNT651

THuGNiFiCeNT651
1 week ago#9
Arizona_Joe posted...
Well if you don't get it back from them then yes you lose it.

As for forever lose it I think the G2 fight it can be permanently lost as I knocked him out with the crane and accidentally used my knife at one point and it never reappeared after the fight and wasn't in the item box.

I can confirm that after sticking it into bosses your knife will usually end up in the middle of the arena. I had my knife stuck in G2 and knocked him down and my knife was in the middle of the platform.
PSN: THuGNiFiCeNT651
https://www.youtube.com/user/raulito651

User Info: Alexandros_IXth

Alexandros_IXth
1 week ago#10
SchaefDogg posted...
So if you lose it can you EVER get it back? Since the raccoon statues are gone for good how can you earn the knife back?

If you were to lose it in a play through, it would just be gone in that playthrough.

A new playthrough would have the knife in your box since supplies/supply usage doesn’t carry over.

Edit: But like others have said. There’s no way to lose it. You can always go find the enemy you stuck it in, kill them and get it back. Only way to lose it in a run is if you stab it in something and then head to NEST without retrieving it first.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Possible to lose the infinite knife?
  • Topic Archived