• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why do people like Ada Wong so much?

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 months ago#1
Shes a typical Mary Sue or whatever the term is. She tries to act cool and tough but has no character development or anything interesting. Just another typical "strong woman for the sake of their being a strong woman".

I'd much rather her have character development and earn her mystique because she doesnt deserve it so far. I know I'm being harsh, but people call other women in games a Mary Sue when they arent, and if anything Ada definitely is.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: BrosukeHanamura

BrosukeHanamura
3 months ago#2
Honestly felt she was handled better in this game. In others she is unstoppable perfection, but here she actually hits a few snags.

Definitely made me like her more.
"Savagery is no match for skill. " - Sub Zero, MK11
PlayStation 4 - "Censorship Awaits."

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
3 months ago#3
How the f*** is she a "strong woman just for the sake of being a strong woman"

She's a strong woman but she isn't just strong for the sake of being strong. She's a professional agent, she's suppose to be like that.

She has flaws in this game, she got injured, she even hints she needed Leon's help multiple times.

She isn't a Mary Sue at all.

You want "Mary Sue" look at RE4/RE6 and even then, there nothing wrong with how she was in those games either. Not every female character needs to be a damsel in distress.
If you ain't a Fiend, you ain't Clean!

User Info: Miss_Chen

Miss_Chen
3 months ago#4
Asian Fever !
Woman must not accept; she must challenge...
FFBE:345,491,776 PSN:subaru2985 Nintendo Switch: SW-2801-4984-2212

User Info: TheBoss69er

TheBoss69er
3 months ago#5
I hated that Bruce Wayne electronic hacking gun.

Grow up, Capcom.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 months ago#6
Four_Archfiends posted...

She has flaws in this game, she got injured, she even hints she needed Leon's help multiple times.

You want "Mary Sue" look at RE4/RE6 and even then, there nothing wrong with how she was in those games either. Not every female character needs to be a damsel in distress.

She just hasnt earned it for me. I mean Leon doesnt act badass yet Ada Wong comes in with a trench coat and sunglasses? Come on its f***in night time and theres zombies around.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: bipartisangamer

bipartisangamer
3 months ago#7
I <3 ada

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
3 months ago#8
Terantatek posted...
Four_Archfiends posted...

She just hasnt earned it for me. I mean Leon doesnt act badass yet Ada Wong comes in with a trench coat and sunglasses? Come on its f***in night time and theres zombies around.

Ada is a professional spy agent that already knows and is prepared for this. Leon is a rookie cop who just arrived for his first day.

A professional secret agent like Ada is suppose to be calm, cool, and skillful.

And I love her sunglasses coat detective look, don't you dare take that cool feature away from her. I liked it better than her red dress outfit to be honest.
If you ain't a Fiend, you ain't Clean!

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
3 months ago#9
waifu culture
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
3 months ago#10
She's good in 2 and 4. Kind of annoying in 6 with the constant talking to herself and she's awful in Damnation.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why do people like Ada Wong so much?
  • Topic Archived