• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Infinite inventory space would be nice

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
4 weeks ago#31
PyroBlondie8 posted...
Hero3ziz posted...
godslayer88 posted...
Yeah, I know fans consider "inventory management" a lovely feature, but as I played through the REmake for the first time last week I discovered again why I despised it so much. There's so many items everywhere, especially key items, that you don't need for the next several hours. Problem is, you don't know if you're gonna need it up ahead, or at the end of the game. Man, I wasted so many hours pointlessly going back&forth to the item boxes ugh.

That’s...almost the entire purpose of the game.

I agree. That’s why I call it a resource management simulator and not the real Survival-horror RE game like the greatest Revelations 1, 2, also RE4 and RE2 remake, in my opinion of course.

If you think RE2 REmake wont have insane inventory management, you're dead wrong. There were so many things to pick up in just the demo.

Just replay Revelations 2 or something while we all have fun with this game. These types of games just aren't for you.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 weeks ago#32
Silent Hill 1-3 & Fatal Frame 1-3 didn't have any sort of "inventory management" but is still scarier than any RE game for me.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
4 weeks ago#33
Goldsickle posted...
Silent Hill 1-3 & Fatal Frame 1-3 didn't have any sort of "inventory management" but is still scarier than any RE game for me.

Inventory management isnt supposed to be scary... it just makes it tense.

User Info: PyroBlondie10

PyroBlondie10
4 weeks ago#34
HaleyT posted...
If you think RE2 REmake wont have insane inventory management, you're dead wrong. There were so many things to pick up in just the demo.

Just replay Revelations 2 or something while we all have fun with this game. These types of games just aren't for you.

But the issue is not with the inventory management itself that I have. No survival aspects like precise shooting with limited ammo, fast and dangerous enemies makes them bad games for me. Auto-aim and the fact that the management is the major part of the gameplay just take away any replayability for me once I beat those.

The whole gameplay is a mess and dull because that’s the only prevalent thing with the fixed camera REs without any shooting or real danger, while fighting for your life with monsters.

On the other hand RE2 remake has real aiming, tough enemies, which already makes it a real survival-horror experience, so doesn’t matter if it has inventory to manage because that’s not the major part of the gameplay, like in old ones.

I respect your opinion but I disagree!!!
Goldsickle posted...

That’s because inventory management and "Survival-Horror" have nothing to do with each other.

They are not mutually exclusive, but when the whole game is build around it, that’s a bad game in my opinion.

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
4 weeks ago#35
HaleyT posted...
Goldsickle posted...

I really don't see how it makes it tense. "Tedious" is the word I'd use. Tense is the word I'd use for things like limited amount of points where you can save your game.

Walking into a section of the mansion you know you don't have to go back to again, but it has too many items in there so you're forced to back&forth between that section and an item box. That definitely counts as tedious in my book. Do you really think that's fun? Honestly?
Women are stronger than men. For example, women can be perfectly miserable on their own, while men need a woman to achieve it.

User Info: Ryozaki311

Ryozaki311
4 weeks ago#36
wait all the disagreement over inventory space?

just take the advise and be done with it, what you do to your own game experience doesnt concern others so
-just use a mod(will probably get one)
-or use a cheat(inf ammo so u dont need to carry ammo around)
-or trainers(it will probably get one in pc that is)
"ill be back!"
-RoboCop

User Info: cloud4124

cloud4124
4 weeks ago#37
Sega9599 posted...
Hero3ziz posted...
TC, it sounds like the old school RE games are not your type of games. It’s better for you to just not play the game than to suggest ideas to ruin it for others who love it.

Yeah!

Hang on....that might have some relation to a complaint about RE 0. I can't quite put my finger on it....

the main complaint with RE0 was that they got rid of the item box and now you had to drop items to clear inventory slot which made backtracking even worse if u need those items again....

what tc is saying is to drop the whole keeping items in boxes and make it like MGS where you kept all your items on you at all times without needing to make up space for new ones....two completely diffenrent arguments.

i started with RE2 so i'll like it if they didnt change any of that with the remake
PSN ID: Ultimateevilz

User Info: Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn
4 weeks ago#38
PyroBlondie10 posted...
HaleyT posted...

But the issue is not with the inventory management itself that I have. No survival aspects like precise shooting with limited ammo, fast and dangerous enemies makes them bad games for me. Auto-aim and the fact that the management is the major part of the gameplay just take away any replayability for me once I beat those.

The whole gameplay is a mess and dull because that’s the only prevalent thing with the fixed camera REs without any shooting or real danger, while fighting for your life with monsters.

On the other hand RE2 remake has real aiming, tough enemies, which already makes it a real survival-horror experience, so doesn’t matter if it has inventory to manage because that’s not the major part of the gameplay, like in old ones.

I respect your opinion but I disagree!!!
Goldsickle posted...

That’s because inventory management and "Survival-Horror" have nothing to do with each other.

They are not mutually exclusive, but when the whole game is build around it, that’s a bad game in my opinion.

There's plenty of replayability even with the item management..it's called learning the game and getting faster and faster with each playthrough. Knowing what you need and when, and what enemies to leave standing to get through the game faster so that you can...as you want...get the infinite ammo guns that usually end up being the reward for playthroughs reaching under a certain mark. (infinite rocket launcher for RE1 and 2 (originals) for beating it in under 3 hours. I beat em both at 2:30 minutes so far) Then you won't NEED to pick up the ammo and manage inventory for nothing but health and key items. I'm hoping that after a while of playing REmake2, that I will get to the point where I have like 10 red+green herb mixes plus two or three first aid sprays in the box by the final boss fight like I did in the original.
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed

User Info: PyroBlondie10

PyroBlondie10
4 weeks ago#39
Artha_Penn posted...
There's plenty of replayability even with the item management..it's called learning the game and getting faster and faster with each playthrough.

I don’t see a reason to play fast. What’s the point?

I like to take my time with the game and it usually takes many months for me to complete a game.

And I replay only good games such as Revelations.

User Info: Emperor_Dynasty

Emperor_Dynasty
4 weeks ago#40
godslayer88 posted...
HaleyT posted...
Goldsickle posted...

I really don't see how it makes it tense. "Tedious" is the word I'd use. Tense is the word I'd use for things like limited amount of points where you can save your game.

Walking into a section of the mansion you know you don't have to go back to again, but it has too many items in there so you're forced to back&forth between that section and an item box. That definitely counts as tedious in my book. Do you really think that's fun? Honestly?

You pretty much always have enough space to carry all of the immediate key items you need in RE games -- unless of course you also want to carry 2 weapons, ammo for both weapons, and healing items? No? Well then there is more tension crossing through a dangerous area without a healing item.

Scenario: You have all key items but not enough space to pick up the magnum rounds in the same room. To get them you would have to pass through a hallway filled with lickers that you had been avoiding to save ammo and health -- twice. Is it worth it? Or maybe you just reload to your last save and store away your first aid and herbs so you'll have the space when you get there.. but you did use one of them last time to heal yourself after you took some damage in that hallway. Hmm.

It creates another dynamic. It doesn't have to be fun to you, you don't have to get it. The game isn't for you and that's fine we don't have to have every AAA title be a clone of each other. God knows we don't need any more #$#$ing sandbox games out there.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Infinite inventory space would be nice
  • Topic Archived