• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Can someone verify how the story actually works?

User Info: FieryHellz

FieryHellz
4 weeks ago#1
So are they going to still have the switching between characters for A and B scenario's? Or will I be playing as Leon all the way or Claire all the way? I've checked some sites but nothing seems confirmed.

EDIT: I did notice A/B was removed but I mean if it swaps between at any point?

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
4 weeks ago#2
According to this board, you choose the char you want to play as shortly into the beginning. Play through their campaign to the end, then probably start a new game with the other.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
4 weeks ago#3
I believe leaked consensus is that each campaign is about 90% the same. The first character you choose enters the RPD from the front, the second enters through the back. You also do the last 5% or so with the second character to get the ‘true’ ending.

User Info: ThexFury

ThexFury
4 weeks ago#4
It'll be like RE1 where much of it is the same, but some differences here and there. There "might" be a joint scenario B after completing the game with both characters.
Bah Gawd!!! That Batista is an Animal!!! - JR

User Info: weekoldhotdog

weekoldhotdog
4 weeks ago#5
KarmelCHAOS posted...
I believe leaked consensus is that each campaign is about 90% the same. The first character you choose enters the RPD from the front, the second enters through the back. You also do the last 5% or so with the second character to get the ‘true’ ending.

This is off. 70% the same would be more accurate. Maybe less, but not more.
Y helo thar buttsecks

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
4 weeks ago#6
KarmelCHAOS posted...

How disappointing if this is true. Each character’s campaigns should’ve been completely different from each other with different paths. That would’ve been the only way I would’ve been fine with removing the A/B scenarios. Now if it’s like RE1/REmake where the campaigns are almost exactly the same, it’ll just confuse people on what the true canon story is.
New York Yankees

User Info: CrimsonWing69

CrimsonWing69
4 weeks ago#7
Ok, I thought it was literally a Leon campaign and a Claire campaign... but you guys are saying no matter who you choose you'll start the game in the same spot?

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
4 weeks ago#8
KarmelCHAOS posted...

Aw that’s kinda lame.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: 7656198

4 weeks ago#9
Wait, do they at least get out on opposite sides of the car when it crashes?
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: _Caker_

_Caker_
4 weeks ago#10
weekoldhotdog posted...
KarmelCHAOS posted...

This is off. 70% the same would be more accurate. Maybe less, but not more.

For someone completely guessing with no actual facts, it's impressive how you're able to give us these percentages.
I disagree.
http://i.imgur.com/E11krvB.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Can someone verify how the story actually works?
  • Topic Archived