• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Has It Become Cool To Hate On Resident Evil 4?

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
4 weeks ago#1
has it become cool to hate on RE4? - Results (554 votes)
yes
9.21% (51 votes)
no
21.3% (118 votes)
only hipsters and contrarians hate on RE4
44.58% (247 votes)
the only RE that's "cool" to hate is RE6
15.52% (86 votes)
RE4 is dog poop
9.39% (52 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I feel like time hasn't been kind to that game. the more time that goes by, the more people realize its flaws and start s***ting on it's legacy

User Info: Mr_X1992

Mr_X1992
4 weeks ago#2
RE 4 is a masterpiece, I enjoyed it a lot, if you love RE2Make you gotta love RE 4 cause it has the same point of view and similar combat mechanics
"90's videogames will always be the best" https://backloggery.com/mr_x_1992
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/Mr_X1992/games/queued //

User Info: Setsunahenry

Setsunahenry
4 weeks ago#3
People can hate what they want. And you can't force them to like it.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/setsunah0186.png |
"I did what I could. I'm sorry"

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
4 weeks ago#4
I get what you're asking, if something is "popular" a certain group of people will hate it for the sake of hating it. However, Resident Evil 4 was always met with heavy resistance ever since the first gameplay was shown. Because it was very different from any other RE game at the time and people will always resist change. And while it was praised by critics among release, the hardcore RE fanbase was still shouting "This isn't RE!"

So all the negativity you are seeing regarding RE4 has always been there. I can appreciate RE4 as a fine action game with some excellent atmosphere (atleast the first half) what I cannot appreciate about it though, is completely straying away from everything that made RE...RE

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#5
Setsunahenry posted...
People can hate what they want. And you can't force them to like it.

This. People can have opinions and like and hate whatever they want. However, opinions =/= facts and you can’t change facts.

The fact is, RE4 is considered to be one of the best games of all time, but it’s the main reason why the franchise kept falling till it reached the dumpster and stayed there for years only to be saved by 7 two years ago.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
4 weeks ago#6
Mr_X1992 posted...
RE 4 is a masterpiece, I enjoyed it a lot, if you love RE2Make you gotta love RE 4 cause it has the same point of view and similar combat mechanics

It’s not the controls or the camera that makes me dislike resident evil 4. It was a fun game.

Actually I don’t even dislike resident evil 4. I just loathe the story and how there’s very very little about it that even resembles resident evil.

User Info: ConsiderSudoku

ConsiderSudoku
4 weeks ago#7
There's the people who hate it because it's not like the previous entries and there's the people who dislike the people who got into RE with 4.
LOONA

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
4 weeks ago#8
Mr_X1992 posted...

What similar combat mechanics??

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 weeks ago#9
Buddy, I've been "hating" on it ever since it came out.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Has It Become Cool To Hate On Resident Evil 4?
  • Topic Archived