• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. News Flash: RE2 Remake Has Tank Controls

User Info: Briankbl

Briankbl
1 month ago#1
People that bandwagon on "tank controls are bad" are misguided. What they really mean to say is "static cameras are bad", although I disagree. Because, ya see...all the newest Resident Evil games have Tank Controls. Most of your favorite first-person shooters have Tank Controls.

Up = Forward
Down = Back
Right = Turn Right
Left = Turn Left

The only difference between the old RE games and modern games is the static camera angles, NOT the controls. Thanks for reading!
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
1 month ago#2
Only the first 3 games, CV, 0 and 4 and 5 have tank controls. The ones that came after 5, do not.

User Info: buzzsawgr81

buzzsawgr81
1 month ago#3
Briankbl posted...
People that bandwagon on "tank controls are bad" are misguided. What they really mean to say is "static cameras are bad", although I disagree. Because, ya see...all the newest Resident Evil games have Tank Controls. Most of your favorite first-person shooters have Tank Controls.

Up = Forward
Down = Back
Right = Turn Right
Left = Turn Left

The only difference between the old RE games and modern games is the static camera angles, NOT the controls. Thanks for reading!

static cameras are fine, the REmake and RE0 re-releases had 3D movement controls added and played much smoother. and no, most modern shooters do NOT have tank controls. tank controls are when those actions are done on one stick.
Spawn here often?

User Info: TheRob

TheRob
1 month ago#4
Briankbl posted...

Up = Forward
Down = Back
Right = Turn Right
Left = Turn Left

Those aren't Tank controls. Leon/Claire have complete free movement. In the past REs pressing left or right only pivoted the character in those directions while up and down controlled forward and backward momentum.

In this game you can move in every direction just by pressing that direction. If you press left now, it'll make Leon walk/run left. Before he'd only turn that direction but wouldn't actually move until your pressed up or down. RE4's controls were more tank than the current ones.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!! 'B-|

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#5
Uhh no, people that say "Tank controls are bad." are saying that because tank controls are bad. Got nothing to do with the camera perspective.

By the way, you're wrong. RE6, Revelations 2 and 7 had no tank controls, also pretty sure that 5 had a non-tank control style as the default control setting.

And lol no. FPS controls are not tank controls. In an FPS, you turn with the right analogue stick or the mouse for PC players and move with the left stick or WASD. That's not tank controls.

Seriously, if you don't actually understand what tank controls are, maybe instead of looking like a complete fool you should consider not saying anything at all.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#6
RE5 tier of controls or RE4? RE5 controls very nicely for a tank game. I'd have no problem with that.

riddlebox89 posted...
RE6, Revelations 2 and 7 had no tank controls, also pretty sure that 5 had a non-tank control style as the default control setting.

Also Revelations, but it's kind of funky because she doesn't move as quickly as the button ramp up suggests, so you end up pressing the stick much harder than you should.

Not sure what RE5's default setting was, but "Type A" kind of looks like RE4's set-up.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#7
Wrong.

You can move freely in any direction in this game.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: Emperor_Dynasty

Emperor_Dynasty
4 weeks ago#8
Left and Right have me run in that direction, not turn -- the PC version anyway. I have to swing my mouse around to turn the camera and direction. Maybe if you lock the camera behind you in settings you can have tank controls a la RE4?

User Info: DarthCariss

DarthCariss
4 weeks ago#9
Tank controls have no strafing. This game has strafing. That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 weeks ago#10
it doesn't have tank controls
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. News Flash: RE2 Remake Has Tank Controls
  • Topic Archived