• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Unless there is an online multiplayer mode, this game will have no replayability

User Info: The_Big_Deek

The_Big_Deek
1 month ago#1
Unless there is an online multiplayer mode, this game will have no replayability because it will take about 5 hours to beat both story scenarios, then what? you move on to other games that have online multiplayer like Monster Hunter World, the coop replayability has kept that game alive for over a year. If this game is just a single player campaign and that's it, people will finish it in a week and then move on to the next game that releases, like Kingdom Hearts 3, which releases 1 week later. Theres a reason it launches 1 week later, you will finish this game in about 1 week and Sora will be waiting. I have both of them purchased. SO unless Capcom has a secret DLC online mode, there will be no replayability here whatsoever except maybe people on Twitch doing speedruns of this game and thats basically it. No matter how you slice it, there is no replayability with just a short single player mode. Capcom knows this, so lets see what they do about it.
My Uncle is an Attorney; I WILL SUE YOU if you INFRINGE on my RIGHTS. Its called the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the First Amendment!

User Info: Cercueil

Cercueil
1 month ago#2
The_Big_Deek posted...
Unless there is an online multiplayer mode, this game will have no replayability because it will take about 5 hours to beat both story scenarios, then what? you move on to other games that have online multiplayer like Monster Hunter World, the coop replayability has kept that game alive for over a year. If this game is just a single player campaign and that's it, people will finish it in a week and then move on to the next game that releases, like Kingdom Hearts 3, which releases 1 week later. Theres a reason it launches 1 week later, you will finish this game in about 1 week and Sora will be waiting. I have both of them purchased. SO unless Capcom has a secret DLC online mode, there will be no replayability here whatsoever except maybe people on Twitch doing speedruns of this game and thats basically it. No matter how you slice it, there is no replayability with just a short single player mode. Capcom knows this, so lets see what they do about it.

I enjoi raspberry tea
Inquisitor of the Chapterhouse of Inquisition

User Info: Hamton

Hamton
1 month ago#3
Resident Evil games offer some of the most replayability of any video game series. Multiple playthroughs to unlock costumes and characters, challenge runs, speedruns, extra modes. I will be doing a lot more than 2 playthroughs of this game.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#4
Hamton posted...
Resident Evil games offer some of the most replayability of any video game series. Multiple playthroughs to unlock costumes and characters, challenge runs, speedruns, extra modes. I will be doing a lot more than 2 playthroughs of this game.

This.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: The_Big_Deek

The_Big_Deek
1 month ago#5
Hamton posted...

replaying the game again is not replayability. every single game can be replayed, not just this game.
My Uncle is an Attorney; I WILL SUE YOU if you INFRINGE on my RIGHTS. Its called the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the First Amendment!

User Info: vevans0009

vevans0009
1 month ago#6
I see a victim of online multiplayer syndrome.

User Info: ocelot51

ocelot51
1 month ago#7
The_Big_Deek posted...
replaying the game again is not replayability.

lol

User Info: porhawj2012

porhawj2012
1 month ago#8
where the hell you get info said 5 hours on each characters ? Capcom confirmed 10 hours each on both character

read this link.. quit said things is not true

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/17/resident-evil-2-remake-10-hours-long-per-character-8356760/

User Info: kholdstare04

kholdstare04
1 month ago#9
not every damn game needs online multiplayer.

now im not saying its a bad thing. imagine two people in the police station trying to battle zombies/lickers/ and what not while pushing forward doesnt sound bad.

but yeah not all games need MP

User Info: TheJackyl

TheJackyl
1 month ago#10
I disagree

I played through 7... 4 times, I think?

Normal Blind Run
Normal Speedrun
Madhouse Blind Run
Madhouse Everything Run (collectibles, cause I missed one at the very beginning, speed, no item box, no healing)

I played through the Original RE2, at least 6 times, cause I unlocked Tofu legitimately
I played though RE4 like a dozen times AT LEAST
I played through RE1 and 3 quite a few times
I played REmake a few times on each character

The only REs I haven't replayed were CVX, 0, 5 and 6

A good game will always be replayable, regardless of linearity, and multiplayer.

I STILL play through the Original Doom and Doom 2, once a year
Ah, good old blowing. It's the answer to so many of life's problems... Stupendous.. -tabion20
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Unless there is an online multiplayer mode, this game will have no replayability
  • Topic Archived