• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Poll: REmake (gamecube 2002) vs. RE2 (playstation 1998)

User Info: ChrisR07

ChrisR07
4 weeks ago#11
I love both, but the atmosphere in REmake is some of the best in the industry. Plus I’m always biased towards RE1 since it was my first Resi game and its remake is amazing.
"Ocelot doesn't just plan: he plans for you to plan, so you plan against yourself."~MajinSweet0

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
4 weeks ago#12
REmake has a better atmosphere for sure, but it's not fair to compare psx graphics to GameCubes as re2 has very bright graphics compared to all the things they could pull off on GameCube.

I'd call it close to a tie, but re2 just has more replayability to it.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: jpv2000

jpv2000
4 weeks ago#13
REmake! It is still my personal greatest video game ever! I have it on Gamecube (now play it on Wii), PS3 and PS4. It was the first game I ever got the Platinum Trophy for.
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)

User Info: FranciscoGamer9

FranciscoGamer9
4 weeks ago#14
I did not expect REmake to be winning against RE2 on the RE2 board.
No thanks Bro!

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
4 weeks ago#15
Remake is still eerie to play. Especially the Lisa Trevor segments. Also speedrunning with Crimson Heads running after you isn't a happy time neither.

User Info: ThePock

ThePock
4 weeks ago#16
I liked the pacing and setting of RE2 more than RE1/REmake's. Also main characters being rookie and amateur makes it better.
The east is burning red! But you're already dead.

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 weeks ago#17
resident evil 2 was released on gamecube too, both should be equal.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
4 weeks ago#18
REmake forever.
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Poll: REmake (gamecube 2002) vs. RE2 (playstation 1998)
  • Topic Archived