• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I'm glad they made Me X unstoppable.

User Info: qperok

qperok
4 weeks ago#61
Morpheus102686 posted...
Because this is a survival horror and you should not be rewarded for going out of your way to take down an enemy. I didn’t like it in the original RE2 either.

Well, maybe Resident Evil series is not for you then. Go play Outlast or some similar run and hide crap.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
4 weeks ago#62
I don't know how he woks in this game but he should be able to be stunned like in the original games. I don't want him chasing me the whole game because i want to actually enjoy the game and look around.
The whole reason he (And Nemesis to a certain extent) were good enemies is because you could actually "get away" or stun them and the fear of not knowing if(when) they would reappear was a good tension builder. Having them constantly chase you might sound good on paper but in practise it's just annoying and it actually does the opposite of scare you.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
4 weeks ago#63
Corysinthehouse posted...
Morpheus102686 posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Tmk Mr X was possible to knock out and get things from in the original game so not sure why it would be bad here. Just don't know if it's possible in this version or not yet

Because this is a survival horror and you should not be rewarded for going out of your way to take down an enemy. I didn’t like it in the original RE2 either. Having him not chase you for a little while is your reprieve if you do decide to take him down but at the cost of expending much of your ammo and resources.

Did you not play the original?

Yes I did and I did not like that he dropped ammo in the original either. That’s just my opinion and I think for maximum fear and tension, the unkillable monster at a certain point should remain unkillable until the end.
New York Yankees

User Info: Chaoswing135

Chaoswing135
4 weeks ago#64
qperok posted...
Morpheus102686 posted...
Because this is a survival horror and you should not be rewarded for going out of your way to take down an enemy. I didn’t like it in the original RE2 either.

Well, maybe Resident Evil series is not for you then. Go play Outlast or some similar run and hide crap.

Pretty much that and you can’t run away from him every time you encounter him so you have to take him down and you should be rewarded for it.
" You! Do you know what dog food tastes like? Do ya? It tastes just like it smells...delicious!"

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 weeks ago#65
You can only shoot at it until it kneels and the chase music will stop.
Claire then says to get moving to herself, hinting at the players to leave quickly before Mr. X gets back up.

Looks like there will be no loot.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: magical_chicken

magical_chicken
4 weeks ago#66
So you cant take him down and just have to run from him?
Nothing to see here, move along.

User Info: Novamarine39887

Novamarine39887
4 weeks ago#67
Melfiice posted...
superjimmy333 posted...
Sega9599 posted...
superjimmy333 posted...
Slayer2111 posted...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kj7b4JnXIfQ

23:50, he’s at least take downable with a grenade launcher it seems

But I don't like how he's interrupting you while solving a minor puzzle.

That's survival horror

No not often. Even in Dead Space most puzzles are for cooldown between tense sections.

Dead space had a few puzzle like areas while regenerator was chasing you.

DS2, the sequence right after the eyepoke machine. It had me s******g bricks on Hardcore lol
"When Mankind is alone in the cosmos, only then will we have achieved our destiny." -Chapter Master Lucretius Corvo, Novamarines
GT: Novamarine39887

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 weeks ago#68
magical_chicken posted...
So you cant take him down and just have to run from him?

Mr. X kneeling is being "taken down".
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
4 weeks ago#69
I just noticed the title says Me X instead of Mr. X oops.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I'm glad they made Me X unstoppable.
  • Topic Archived