• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Did anyone else find the cutscenes lacked clarity at times?

User Info: jmac1686

jmac1686
1 month ago#1
I am assuming that the demo was not optimized graphically. While the gameplay looks great to me, the cutscenes almost seemed to have a weird vaseline effect at times, where things didn't look quite clear to me.

I have an excellent high-end 4K TV, so I know it wasn't my tv....did anyone else notice this? I am hoping when PS4 Pro Enhanced this isn't going to be a thing.
PSN:xXFireSpiritXx

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
1 month ago#2
can be iffy at times i guess but overall they look good.

i imagine the retail build could look even better.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#3
Maybe it didn't feel like a Resident Evil cutscene due to the lack of letterboxes during these scenes.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Lechuck800

Lechuck800
1 month ago#4
I noticed this too and I said something to my brother about it. There’s a huge difference between gameplay and cut scenes. I’ve never seen this problem before in a RE game, so I hope it’s just something they hadn’t gotten around to fixing in the demo.
No forts in the bone arena of your skull for things you love.

User Info: jmac1686

jmac1686
1 month ago#5
Lechuck800 posted...
I noticed this too and I said something to my brother about it. There’s a huge difference between gameplay and cut scenes. I’ve never seen this problem before in a RE game, so I hope it’s just something they hadn’t gotten around to fixing in the demo.

Yeah it's weird because RE7 ran on the same engine and was stunning.
PSN:xXFireSpiritXx
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Did anyone else find the cutscenes lacked clarity at times?
  • Topic Archived