• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. This isn't a remake of RE2...

User Info: ShinWesker

ShinWesker
1 week ago#1
It's a totally different game, not even a "remake" like Shadow of the Colossus PS4 or Remake RE1..
RE2 Classic will still be RE2 Classic.

Still, the demo was fun.

User Info: ZenTen

ZenTen
1 week ago#2
You do know what a remake is, yes? And that remaster are totally different things, right?

At least we got this, unlike Half-Life 3. Hoo boi, imagine their salt flow. but I digress.
Praise kekistan! Blood for the blood god
!Hate Speech is protected by the 1A!

User Info: Vyrulisse

Vyrulisse
1 week ago#3
It's a remake just like they remade Resident Evil 1. There's enough to be familiar to those that played it but also a bunch of new stuff to maybe fill in holes or make it flow more smoothly. If it's of the quality of the original REmake then it will become the definitive version.
http://i.imgur.com/6VeX04D.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkNYxczCUA

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
1 week ago#4
This is more of a reimagining than a remake as the developers have been saying for months now. :P
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ Monster Hunter World - Hunting with new players and vets ~

ZenTen
1 week ago#5
Vyrulisse posted...
It's a remake just like they remade Resident Evil 1. There's enough to be familiar to those that played it but also a bunch of new stuff to maybe fill in holes or make it flow more smoothly. If it's of the quality of the original REmake then it will become the definitive version.

Give CapCom your ideas, this's gold.

ZenTen
1 week ago#6
Serenity_Lotus posted...
This is more of a reimagining than a remake as the developers have been saying for months now. :P

How? Silent Hill: Shattered Memories IS a reimagining. RE2R isn't.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
1 week ago#7
II said this before in a video", so I'll post it here:

"I don't think that it's an unwritten rule that requires a remake to be exactly the same as the original. I think it just needs basic bits to resemble the former glory of the franchise. Hell, I've seen horror film remakes use titular titles of a popular franchise by name, but the characters and scenario didn't even mirror the original.

Remakes can be done differently, what many people look for is wanting a very similar piece of media that is just a 1:1 remake, equal to a remaster of the same game with just different graphics. The developers said long ago that this was never going to be exactly how remake 1 was handled so expectations really shouldn't be crazy. They explained it, it's more of a re-imagining of RE2."
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: LatinChris_9990 | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 week ago#8
The devs have called this game a remake and a reimagining on several different occasions. It’s both.
I'll never long for what might have been

ZenTen
1 week ago#9
Their logic is inconsistent. It is but isn't. Make up your minds.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
1 week ago#10
What are you talking about? How can you say the first resident evil remake is a remake but this one isn’t? Most of the RPD is the same, just updated and with more areas to explore, just like in the ORIGINAL remake. Why do you say this isn’t a remake?
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. This isn't a remake of RE2...
  • Topic Archived