• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Wow everyone and their mothers must be downloading the demo right now.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
1 week ago#1
Topic. Just started downloading about 15 minutes ago but wow is it going slow for an only 7.9GB download. The download progress bar is really taking its sweet time right now. I’ve seen way bigger games download faster than this lol.

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
1 week ago#2
https://www.residentevil.net/en/twostats.html

Half million in the last day. Though it is also a friday and internet is at peak usage now for the week so there is that.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

Goingghost88
1 week ago#3
Oni Seraph posted...
https://www.residentevil.net/en/twostats.html

Half million in the last day. Though it is also a friday and internet is at peak usage now for the week so there is that.

I’m not too familiar with typical playstation download numbers. Is that considered a lot for playstation? Or above average at least?

Oni Seraph
1 week ago#4
That is for everyone period I believe. Not sure if demo numbers get published often but if it sold that much day one it would be a little below their expectations I think.

Goingghost88
1 week ago#5
Oni Seraph posted...
That is for everyone period I believe. Not sure if demo numbers get published often but if it sold that much day one it would be a little below their expectations I think.

True, but I also imagine a lot of people probably don’t even know about this demo. I only knew about it cause I’ve been following this game like a hawk. Plus I had a hell of a time finding where to go to be able to even find the demo earlier. Even tried typing in resident evil 2 demo and nothing came up for it. After about 20 minutes of searching I finally found it in the demo section lol.

User Info: ZenTen

ZenTen
1 week ago#6
My mother doesn't play video games. Check Mate, TC.
Praise kekistan! Blood for the blood god
!Hate Speech is protected by the 1A!

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 week ago#7
They ain't released Mega Man Legends 3 yet so I ain't downloading s***.

Also, my mom only ever played the Sega Genesis.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

Oni Seraph
1 week ago#8
Goingghost88 posted...
True, but I also imagine a lot of people probably don’t even know about this demo. I only knew about it cause I’ve been following this game like a hawk. Plus I had a hell of a time finding where to go to be able to even find the demo earlier. Even tried typing in resident evil 2 demo and nothing came up for it. After about 20 minutes of searching I finally found it in the demo section lo

Yeah, there is that too. I don't know about PSN but Xbox doesn't even showcase demos anymore from what I've seen. While it would be bad sale numbers, that that many people are following closely enough to jump on in one day is surprising even if it is inflated by people playing on more than one account.

https://www.dualshockers.com/resident-evil-2-reception-sales/

Capcom was apparently surprised by preorders and that was in August. I'm guessing that 1st month sales are going to be fairly solid if thats the case.

Goingghost88
1 week ago#9
ZenTen posted...
My mother doesn't play video games. Check Mate, TC.

Ugh, another knee slapper. You got me there. You’re on a roll tonight lol. :p
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Wow everyone and their mothers must be downloading the demo right now.
  • Topic Archived