• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Bullet sponge enemies...

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 week ago#1
Weak Zombies taking 5+ rounds to the head to put down now? A basic Zombie should take 1-2 headshots to drop, with very rare occurrences when it might take 3. Dunno. Really kind of turned off with the game now, and I'm thinking I might be waiting for a deep discount on this one.

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
1 week ago#2
Oh
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004

User Info: SiLVeR_420

SiLVeR_420
1 week ago#3
The originals zombies to 5+ shots though.
Mio Akiyama's official husbando.

User Info: Colin_B91

Colin_B91
1 week ago#4
If the game is too hard for you OP you should just skip it.
Help me ban GameFAQ's most hated user
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548

User Info: Buumbi

Buumbi
1 week ago#5
I mean, the zombies in REmake took a ton of shots to put down too. Also, with the OTS style of gameplay we have here, it makes sense to make the enemies a little more durable for tension.

The game would be a cake walk if you could just go around pew pew-ing every zombie you encountered.
The longest nights are measured not in hours, but in heartbeats.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 week ago#6
Clearly you have never played an RE game before, RE2 and 3 can take 5-8 shots to kill a zombie with the handgun. RE1 and REmake can take 8-10 shots to kill a zombie. If they took 1-2 headshots to drop with the handgun, the game would be incredibly easy. Would also make things like the shotgun completely pointless.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 week ago#7
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Clearly you have never played an RE game before
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 week ago#8
I mean, that's the way it should be. You shoot something in the head it goes down. You shoot a zombie in the head and it's dead. It's how it's been forever with Zombies. Emptying half a magazine into a generic zombie to put it down is totally dumb.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#9
Colin_B91 posted...
If the game is too hard for you OP you should just skip it.

OP said he made 5 headshots and your immediate reply is to suggest they are struggling with the game? They can clearly aim and are complaining (rightly) about the zombies being bullet sponges. Meanwhile you are here identifying the problem OP has incorrectly whilst also acting like a total d*** for no reason.

On topic:
I fully agree, 2 headshots should bring a zombie down to the ground at the very least. Upgrades for weapons might change this but they did feel a bit too bullet spongy for my liking. We don't know anything about the game yet tho, it could be that once you put them down, they are gone for good and don't respawn in the area like the old games and thus the extra ammo you spend could work out in the long run.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: UltimaDagger

UltimaDagger
1 week ago#10
Yeah... Mr X, Birkin and the Lickers should all die with one headshot too, it doesn't make sense for something to survive a headshot!
XB271HU| CM HAF X | Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K | 2x8GB DDR3 1866 | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti | 1TB SSD | WD 2x1TB HDD | AX 860W | K70 | G502 | HyperX Revolver S
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Bullet sponge enemies...
  • Topic Archived