• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. While I DID enjoy the demo, Leon's constant talking is a problem

User Info: Toan

Toan
2 months ago#1
One zombie I killed in just 3 shots, but everytime I shot it, Leon whispered a word.

It was jarring, and I do think i'll play with voices as low as possible (Hopefully Voice audio is separate from cutscene audio.)

That being said... I really do like it. Definitely better than RE 7, which while ok, wasn't really RE
1499 "Kick traps to disable them."
Unbound-King "Tried that once, doesn't work. Still continued to dress like a girl..."

User Info: ChrisR07

ChrisR07
2 months ago#2
That's kind of a trend with modern triple a games, sadly - characters talking to themselves. In some cases it works, while in other cases they end up talking too much and I find it obnoxious / off putting. I'm hoping that the full version of the game doesn't have Leon and Claire talking to themselves too much.
"Ocelot doesn't just plan: he plans for you to plan, so you plan against yourself."~MajinSweet0

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
2 months ago#3
Its a thing people do in real life when they are scared.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: Veggeta X

Veggeta X
2 months ago#4
Trivial things RE fans complain about.
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
Square Enix Defense Force

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
2 months ago#5
jon davis posted...
Its a thing people do in real life when they are scared.

People also have to take s***s and piss in real life, doesn't mean it needs to be a part of the game experience.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: Seano_thegr81

Seano_thegr81
2 months ago#6
Hardly constant is it

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
2 months ago#7
Turn down voice volume in that case.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
2 months ago#8
My couple of problems with the gameplay was that the reticle took a little too long to shrink, and quick turn doesn’t change the camera so you can see in front of you.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: BIack_Dynamite

BIack_Dynamite
2 months ago#9
I’m on the fence about it, on one hand it’s realistic and brings some life to the gameplay that REmake was sorely lacking, on the other it’s trying to be like Uncharted where Drake comments on everything around him, but it fits the tone there and doesn’t really work as well in a horror game.

User Info: ConsiderSudoku

ConsiderSudoku
2 months ago#10
I like it, feels like life is given to Leon.
LOONA
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. While I DID enjoy the demo, Leon's constant talking is a problem
  • Topic Archived