• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Lickers - hate em

User Info: bhamacuk

bhamacuk
2 months ago#1
I hate the lickers. They move around too quickly, possess super strength and use too much ammo.

I hope they won't be bullet sponges, especially as ammo is scarce.

Will it be possible run away from them? I can't remember how I dealt with lickers in the original.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#2
bhamacuk posted...
I hate the lickers. They move around too quickly, possess super strength and use too much ammo.

Will it be possible run away from them? I can't remember how I dealt with lickers in the original.

Lickers are blind so you are able to walk around them without alerting them. Tricky to pull off by the looks of the footage, but more doable.
PLAYING - Borderlands 2 (PS4), Tales of Vesperia DE (PS4), Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo (multiple accounts) (PS4/PC)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: Pegeta

Pegeta
2 months ago#3
bhamacuk posted...

Try walking instead of running and if you have to engage them in combat get them on their back and shoot him in the chest once if my memory serves me right there heart should be exposed as soon as they're on their back shoot it and they die instantly

User Info: p06111981

p06111981
2 months ago#4
Wait where are the lickers? Played through the demo 5 times and never encountered one.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#5
p06111981 posted...
Wait where are the lickers? Played through the demo 5 times and never encountered one.

No, there are none in the demo except the window licker. (lol)
PLAYING - Borderlands 2 (PS4), Tales of Vesperia DE (PS4), Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo (multiple accounts) (PS4/PC)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: p06111981

p06111981
2 months ago#6
KOTRwhoops posted...
p06111981 posted...

No, there are none in the demo except the window licker. (lol)

Lol thought I'd missed them. I did find a file that mentions they're blind and can be walked past.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
2 months ago#7
Well you probably don’t remember because lickers weren’t difficult to deal with in the original.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
2 months ago#8
lickers aren't bad, now hunters...

i started collecting a good amount of handgun ammo in the demo.

ammo doesn't seem like it'll be too rare on normal setting which is good.

i like having a fair amount of ammo.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#9
You can just walk past them if you're careful enough.
Even if you're quiet, the Licker can still sense you somehow and turn around to face you.
Don't panic and keep moving carefully.

The problem with leaving Lickers wandering around is running into them when being chased by Mr. X.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: bhamacuk

bhamacuk
2 months ago#10
Walking. Never thought of doing that. I'll bear it mind when the time comes.

I'm sure there'll be a few instances where engaging is mandatory but I'll deal with that.

Thanks y'all.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Lickers - hate em
  • Topic Archived