• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why is it when Birkin injects himself he immediately becomes G

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
1 week ago#1
No longer a human, meanwhile Sherry gets infected yet doesn’t turn into a mutated freak like him within more than probably a several hour span.

Irons was infected and right away a G creature tore him open from his body. This did not happen to Sherry. Why?

Inb4becauseplot
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
1 week ago#2
Part adrenaline, part being directly infected with the actual virus. Sherry wasn't infected the same way. Plus, with Irons, he inserted a creature into him ala Alien.

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 week ago#3
Well, for starters Sherry wasn't injected with the G-Virus. She was impregnated with a G-Embryo. Birkin though likely mutated as severely as he did as quickly as he did because his arm was all shot up and G mutated him immediately to counteract the damage. Sherry likely didn't succumb to the effects as fast as Irons, at least not visually, since the Embryo was bonding with her instead of rejecting her.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Praise_the_Sun_

Praise_the_Sun_
1 week ago#4
William was direct viral infection.

Sherry was g-embryo and we've never seen a successful one to know what would have happened to her and how long it would have taken.

Irons was unsuccessful g-embryo, the embryo left his body because he was incompatible with it.
Twitch stream: x_darth_caedus_x, come watch me play the stuffs on ps4, Xbox one, and PC.

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
1 week ago#5
Not to mention, as Annette Birkin EXPLAINS IN THE GAME, Irons and Ben died because they didn’t share similar genetic makeup of the infector, aka William. Their bodies rejected it. Hence why William is after Sherry, so that he can infect her. She is his daughter, so she would be the perfect host for the G-Embyo. God, it’s like people don’t have access to YouTube to watch the game or something. Smdh.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
1 week ago#6
Willy Birk was seriously injured when he injected himself, so the G virus set about mutating him straight away to prevent him dying and to “improve” him so he would be more resilient to future damage.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 week ago#7
samantha_sneez posted...
Not to mention, as Annette Birkin EXPLAINS IN THE GAME, Irons and Ben died because they didn’t share similar genetic makeup of the infector, aka William. Their bodies rejected it. Hence why William is after Sherry, so that he can infect her. She is his daughter, so she would be the perfect host for the G-Embyo. God, it’s like people don’t have access to YouTube to watch the game or something. Smdh.

You assume that people here know about Resident Evil? Please more than half of the community in this forum probably started with RE7. It's fine when they acknowledge it and want to learn about the series, those people are ok by me but I despite the other smartasses who play it "know it all" because they played one RE game.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
1 week ago#8
Venage27 posted...
samantha_sneez posted...

You assume that people here know about Resident Evil? Please more than half of the community in this forum probably started with RE7.

Lol sad but true. Smh these youngins. Most prob weren’t even born when resident evil 2 was released
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
1 week ago#9
As others alluded to William was literally on death's door when he injected his precious G-Virus because of his fatal gunshot wounds, surely a couple bullets pierced his right lung. Hence his rapid mutation into G.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
1 week ago#10
Real talk, he probably needed a quick fix.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why is it when Birkin injects himself he immediately becomes G
  • Topic Archived