• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS

User Info: p06111981

p06111981
2 months ago#191
Goldsickle posted...
Oni Seraph posted...
Only thing I didn't like was that I had enough ammo to kill every zombie twice. Definitely going to start on hard.

Seems to depend on the zombies.
Some have more vitality.
I took around 7 head shots to take down one of them in the demo.

I believe waiting for your reticle to recentre (forming an actual cross) does more damage. When ever I spam fired it seemed to take more head hits to kill a zombie. Which makes more sense as precision shots would of course do greater damage.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#192
p06111981 posted...
I believe waiting for your reticle to recentre (forming an actual cross) does more damage. When ever I spam fired it seemed to take more head hits to kill a zombie. Which makes more sense as precision shots would of course do greater damage.

I guess this is the over-the-shoulder version of Kevin's special shots like in Outbreak?
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: JScriv

JScriv
2 months ago#193
Is the demo available yet in NA? I couldn’t find it in the PS store. I checked the demo section.
Stretch the bones over my skin, stretch the skin over my head
I'm going to the holy land

User Info: OttoDix

OttoDix
2 months ago#194
Demo is available for EU and JPN. For some reason there' still no NA version.

User Info: _Caker_

_Caker_
2 months ago#195
KOTRwhoops posted...
On repeat playthroughs (completed it 6 times now) I've noticed that some zombies get up way after I've downed them. The fat zombie on the 3rd floor, I took him out, walked past him a couple of times and then when I canme back to explore (didn't want to end demo), he then got up and it took a couple more shots to down him. Not quite a Crimson Head, but it was interesting to see that zombies can still get up. Will keep you on edge when backtracking.

Shooting their legs off seems pretty OP for this reason. It's the one thing to guarantee they can't really surprise you again or be a big threat and it only takes a few shots.
I disagree.
http://i.imgur.com/E11krvB.gif

User Info: XxBHunterxX

XxBHunterxX
2 months ago#196
I’m kinda not a fan of the shooting mechanics, like it doesn’t really feel good to shoot the enemies like it did in previous games even the classics. The aiming is weird no red dot sight, i kinda wish the just expanded on the re4 shakey hand thing so that the game play feels a little more natural and skill based than aiming with that wide retical and hoping my bullets hit my target. I get that this game is trying to be more of a survival horror game so it’s not that big of a deal.

Everything else was fun, I enjoyed new take on the story and characters and the atmosphere was good

User Info: soulofninjasoul

soulofninjasoul
2 months ago#197
ChildOfHades posted...
samantha_sneez posted...
I love how the demo is on the PS4 when a week ago all the PS4 people were b****ing and complainin about it not being on PS4 WHEN I, MYSELF, told you dumb asses it’d be on PS4. Omfg, I can’t wait until th game f***in comes out so I can rejoice being away from you f***in lunatics. Two weeks and counting

I love how you randomly insulted a bunch of people for no good reason, and then called them "f***ing lunatics".

Also, you can just f*** off and leave right now. Nobody's forcing you to post here, and I doubt anybody willl care(or notice) if you stop.

He or she is absolutely correct. We have lost most of the sane people on this board, and have been subjected to the likes of lightning, suspira, "slumlord" and more
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!

User Info: Nirvana1118

Nirvana1118
2 months ago#198
Took me 22:16 but that was taking my time and exploring everywhere. Looks really good and I can't wait until the 25th.
Find me on:
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/ravenite456 Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/Ravenite456 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ravenitegaming

User Info: Weskermaniac

Weskermaniac
2 months ago#199
I enjoyed every minute of this, my completion time was 17:04, didn't even take any damage either, that's partly due to some studying of previous E3 Leon demo vids because I wanted to at least get the Shotgun before time ran out, which I did, and boy, did I have fun with that.

I loved the way the game controlled, the lighting and atmosphere are incredible, the gunplay didn't take long to get used to, although I missed a couple of shots at first.

Having to actually look for ammo instead of relying on enemies dropping it is great, it forced me to make every bullet count, and also to check everywhere in rooms for more when I was running low.

Another thing I really like is that avoiding enemies is still a very viable strategy, on the way back from the shutter when the 2 zombies try to ambush you, I ran into the big room that had a light you could turn on and waited for the zombies to break through the door, then I lured them to the left hand side of the room and ran to the other side, avoiding them, it felt so awesome.

When the female zombie broke through the window after the dead cop Leon gets freaked out at due to the jaw mutilation, I used the knife a few times before she got up, got 3 headshots on her, she went down, I went into the next room, and without me knowing, she got up again and broke into the room, I only knew she came in when the door banged loudly open, but I just climbed through the gap to avoid her, but knowing zombies can now get back up like that is nerve-wracking, and I love it, it'll keep me on my toes.

The attention to detail, especially gore-wise is amazing. Each headshot I landed with the handgun just chewed through a zombie's face until there's literally just a red mess of gore, it was kind of frightening actually to see them still go after me like that. And when I reached the library where things were brighter, I took out all three of the zombies with close range Shotgun headshots, and it was just raining gore, the last one I got a headshot on only had a bloody half of the head left, wobbling as it fell to the ground.

Having finally gotten to play this, I can safely say that REmake 2 is everything I wanted from this game and more, I am just so happy with how it has turned out, it is absolutely incredible, and knowing that this game is now only 2 weeks from release has me so excited.
"I know this sounds insane, but this is an insane world... We have to come for them before they come for us, it's that simple" - Rick Grimes

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
2 months ago#200
soulofninjasoul posted...
ChildOfHades posted...
samantha_sneez posted...
I love how the demo is on the PS4 when a week ago all the PS4 people were b****ing and complainin about it not being on PS4 WHEN I, MYSELF, told you dumb asses it’d be on PS4. Omfg, I can’t wait until th game f***in comes out so I can rejoice being away from you f***in lunatics. Two weeks and counting

I love how you randomly insulted a bunch of people for no good reason, and then called them "f***ing lunatics".

Also, you can just f*** off and leave right now. Nobody's forcing you to post here, and I doubt anybody willl care(or notice) if you stop.

He or she is absolutely correct. We have lost most of the sane people on this board, and have been subjected to the likes of lightning, suspira, "slumlord" and more

This. And I’m a she. Lol
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS
  • Topic Archived