• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS

User Info: p06111981

p06111981
2 months ago#181
Weapons feel week AF in the demo even the shotgun. I imagine this is due to the fact that weapons can be upgraded later on (in the original they could at least). This made the combat seem a little boring but I imagine other weapons will change this.

Demo is super short my quickest clear is 6.40 and I imagine it can be cleared faster than that.

The demo needs to be played online to work (most likely for the timer tracking).

Hyped for the main game for sure.

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
2 months ago#182
Crimson_Storm posted...
samantha_sneez posted...
Again, is anyone on the Xbox?

I’m on Xbox and PS, but I mostly identify as an Xbox gamer.

Can you make multiple accounts on the Xbox One to keep playing the demo?
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#183
@p06111981 posted...
Demo is super short my quickest clear is 6.40 and I imagine it can be cleared faster than that.

Someone did it in less than 4 minutes. Screenshot on first page of this topic (50 posts per page).
PLAYING - Borderlands 2 (PS4), Tales of Vesperia DE (PS4), Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo (multiple accounts) (PS4/PC)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
2 months ago#184
Was getting impatient so I pulled my Xbox One out of storage just to download the demo, the console had a mandatory update so it took sometime, but it was completely worth it. The game plays exactly as good as I thought it would if not better. This 2 week wait is gonna be brutal. I went at a moderate pace so my demo ended in the library just as I blasted a zombies head off with the shotty.

This is the RE game we've been waiting for.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 543

User Info: shinefist101

shinefist101
2 months ago#185
KOTRwhoops posted...
shinefist101 posted...
Zombies are harder to dodge, you cant just breeze past them easily anymore as they react much faster when your near them.

A couple of shots to the knee caps makes it much easier. The bit at the start of the demo after the guy in the shutter you get ambushed by two zombies as you run away near the main hall/vending machine. I shot one in the leg twice and quickly headshooted the other to stun it and ran past. 3 bullets used and escaped safely. In fact, in my 6 playthroughs I've only been bitten once.

Yes but you have to shoot them still. That's the thing. In this RE2 you will have to shoot your gun instead of easily running around them like some other games have you do.

I only got bitten because I wanted to test things out also. I got 3 head shots on the first 3 zombies blocking your path at the first zombie scene. Then waited at the exit to see how the zombies reacted.

I wouldn't say the demo is supposed to challenge you really.

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#186
shinefist101 posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
shinefist101 posted...
Zombies are harder to dodge, you cant just breeze past them easily anymore as they react much faster when your near them.

A couple of shots to the knee caps makes it much easier. The bit at the start of the demo after the guy in the shutter you get ambushed by two zombies as you run away near the main hall/vending machine. I shot one in the leg twice and quickly headshooted the other to stun it and ran past. 3 bullets used and escaped safely. In fact, in my 6 playthroughs I've only been bitten once.

Yes but you have to shoot them still. That's the thing. In this RE2 you will have to shoot your gun instead of easily running around them like some other games have you do.

I only got bitten because I wanted to test things out also. I got 3 head shots on the first 3 zombies blocking your path at the first zombie scene. Then waited at the exit to see how the zombies reacted.

I wouldn't say the demo is supposed to challenge you really.

Yeah, demo is pretty easy, but it is very early in teh game and will change quite a bit once Mr X, lickers and other enemies are thrown into the mix.

I found that luring zombies is a good tactic to dodge, but you can't always do that as it's space dependant. It will be interesting if a technique is discovered similar to the old games like baiting an attack and running past without shooting. But you're right it's hard to get past zombies without ammo.
PLAYING - Borderlands 2 (PS4), Tales of Vesperia DE (PS4), Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo (multiple accounts) (PS4/PC)

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#187
I guess headshots stunning them would make sense for why my zombies seemed so out of it. They looked and took damage great, but I didn't even have a zombie try to grab me.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#188
Oni Seraph posted...
Only thing I didn't like was that I had enough ammo to kill every zombie twice. Definitely going to start on hard.

Seems to depend on the zombies.
Some have more vitality.
I took around 7 head shots to take down one of them in the demo.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#189
Got to remember this is only a small snap shot of early in the game. I'm sure ammo will be much more scarce in the full game when you've got the bigger picture to worry about.

I'm definately going straight in on hardcore though.

User Info: p06111981

p06111981
2 months ago#190
Oni Seraph posted...
I guess headshots stunning them would make sense for why my zombies seemed so out of it. They looked and took damage great, but I didn't even have a zombie try to grab me.

If one grabs Leon and another is close by the other grabs him as well. This usually results into the two slamming Leon to the floor. Nice change over the original imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS
  • Topic Archived