• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
2 months ago#171
Watched my husband play it. Didn't want to do it myself because I know I'd be mad that I gotta stop. So I'll wait two weeks for the real deal.

Anyway, seeing it in person felt pretty great. He enjoyed it too. I asked him and he said that yeah, this is pretty much the remake he was hoping for but better. So, take that as you will. I really liked what I saw and was itching to give it a try, but I have to be patient.

Seems like the game's gonna be pretty great.
Bite me!

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#172
Only thing I didn't like was that I had enough ammo to kill every zombie twice. Definitely going to start on hard.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
2 months ago#173
Demo was great, just like I thought it would be. Cant wait to pick up my deluxe edition copy.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP, XB1

User Info: idonliketurtles

idonliketurtles
2 months ago#174
Oni Seraph posted...
Only thing I didn't like was that I had enough ammo to kill every zombie twice. Definitely going to start on hard.

Item placements might be different for demo purposes. Even with headshots most zombies tank 4-6 bullets, crits are still RNG. I wasn't very vocal on this board but free-aim didn't casualize the game as much as I thought it would. The shooting mechanics definitely encourage slow-paced play. It just feels more satisfying to nail all precision shots with your own aim than rely on auto-aim of the classics.

I like how they handled the knife mechanics. Sometimes it can be tough to tell if a zombie is playing dead or not, they will take multiple shots before getting up randomly. Double tapping with the knife is smart play because they will instantly react to it and doing so can save your ass from ambush encounters occasionally. The knife also has really limited durability though so if you want to keep it as a subweapon to break grabs it seems smarter to just use bullets.

It also feels like there's a lot more puzzles/locked stuff this time around. There's also a lot of skippable zombie encounters/events depending on what rooms you explore or some actions you take. You can skip a few ambushes if you go fast or don't spend time in rooms that trigger them.

Really liked the encounter in the armory room where you could shoot the zombie cops through the gap in the door if you were quick to aim and nail your shots. Moments like that feel awesome and have warmed me up to the new engine/perspective more.

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#175
idonliketurtles posted...
Oni Seraph posted...

Item placements might be different for demo purposes. Even with headshots most zombies tank 4-6 bullets, crits are still RNG. I wasn't very vocal on this board but free-aim didn't casualize the game as much as I thought it would. The shooting mechanics definitely encourage slow-paced play. It just feels more satisfying to nail all precision shots with your own aim than rely on auto-aim of the classics.

I like how they handled the knife mechanics. Sometimes it can be tough to tell if a zombie is playing dead or not, they will take multiple shots before getting up randomly. Double tapping with the knife is smart play because they will instantly react to it and doing so can save your ass from ambush encounters occasionally. The knife also has really limited durability though so if you want to keep it as a subweapon to break grabs it seems smarter to just use bullets.

It also feels like there's a lot more puzzles/locked stuff this time around. There's also a lot of skippable zombie encounters/events depending on what rooms you explore or some actions you take. You can skip a few ambushes if you go fast or don't spend time in rooms that trigger them.

Really liked the encounter in the armory room where you could shoot the zombie cops through the gap in the door if you were quick to aim and nail your shots. Moments like that feel awesome and have warmed me up to the new engine/perspective more.

I mean I did get a ton of crits. I ended with like 52 handgun shots and 10 shotgun after killing most zombies until the library. That is without out smarting them and getting them to jump the banisters. The zombies are insanely good though. Had one rushing me after putting 3 in the head and side stepped it but then it took a few steps tripped and fell against the wall. Easily the most "zombie" like zombies gaming has ever had. They really couldn't be this good with FC.

User Info: Tandemonium

Tandemonium
2 months ago#176
I really wonder if u can turn auto aim on like the easy mode that pops up when u die during the demo, but still play on a hard difficulty with the HUD off to give it a little of the old RE feel.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#177
On repeat playthroughs (completed it 6 times now) I've noticed that some zombies get up way after I've downed them. The fat zombie on the 3rd floor, I took him out, walked past him a couple of times and then when I canme back to explore (didn't want to end demo), he then got up and it took a couple more shots to down him. Not quite a Crimson Head, but it was interesting to see that zombies can still get up. Will keep you on edge when backtracking.
PLAYING - Borderlands 2 (PS4), Tales of Vesperia DE (PS4), Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo (multiple accounts) (PS4/PC)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#178
I wonder if you can "kill" zombies without having their head destroyed then. It would be hilarious to have them just get up when Mr. X is on you. I also wonder if not boarding up windows will cause a flood of zombies like near the end of the RPD stage.

User Info: shinefist101

shinefist101
2 months ago#179
It has met my expectations which is a good thing. Although the demo is easy & this is far from what the full game is going to be like.

Anyway here's some things I noticed off 2 play throughs.
These are my observations, so take it with a grain of salt. Some stuff might be wrong, as we play more, we'll learn more.,

Aiming has a delay to when you can aim precisely & you cannot move if you want the best accuracy. Well, at least for the pistol.

If a door opens onto you then you have a stun animation. Zombies have the upper hand whilst you are in stun & can easily grab you. I tried doing this to them but it didn't have much effect.

Zombies are harder to dodge, you cant just breeze past them easily anymore as they react much faster when your near them.

Zombie's tolerance to damage is cool. When they're like 2 meters away they can go into a small rushing animation. If you headshot them or body shot them during some of these phases, they just don't care for your shots, and just maul you. So yes, zombies are a real threat now.

Zombies sometimes go back to their starting point or just wander around areas. They will hunt you down no matter where you hide the first time they see you, unless you can outrun them a certain distance. Then sometimes they stay in the new room they chased you through.

My knife experience scenario. I stood on a box platform (room where you get shotgun key card) and tried to slash downwards to a zombies face when it came near me. I slashed it once no problems, I slashed it again and it just bit my ankles lol. I jumped down and tried to knife her, I got a slash in then she dived on me and bit my neck. I slashed again at her legs and she fell onto me and bit me. I'm guessing knife runners are gonna have there hands full here. I'm impressed with the zombie difficulty towards knifes & small firearms.

Looking like day 1 digital deluxe for me. Its looking really, really good lol.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
2 months ago#180
shinefist101 posted...
Zombies are harder to dodge, you cant just breeze past them easily anymore as they react much faster when your near them.

A couple of shots to the knee caps makes it much easier. The bit at the start of the demo after the guy in the shutter you get ambushed by two zombies as you run away near the main hall/vending machine. I shot one in the leg twice and quickly headshooted the other to stun it and ran past. 3 bullets used and escaped safely. In fact, in my 6 playthroughs I've only been bitten once.
PLAYING - Borderlands 2 (PS4), Tales of Vesperia DE (PS4), Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo (multiple accounts) (PS4/PC)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS
  • Topic Archived