• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS

User Info: stage4saiyan

stage4saiyan
1 week ago#151
SeriouslySeriou posted...
I made a New Zealand PSN account like TC & just finished downloading it. About to give it a try, is it really a one & done demo? Or can you play for 30 minutes & start a new play through on the same account?

Already have 4 attempts at it. 2 on PS4 & 2 on XB1. But I don’t think that will be enough.

It's one ane done. Once you boot it back up from the same account, you can only watch the trailer and go to the store listing.
Currently addicted to: Red Dead Redemption II (PS4)/ Smite (PS4/PC) / Dragon Quest XI (PS4) / Final Fantasy XIV (PC)

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
1 week ago#152
KarmelCHAOS posted...
Duallton posted...
tombrady3to1 posted...
Alkamizt posted...
Suspiria posted...
Watched stream of it. It's pretty meh. It's about what I expected. Looks like a run of the mill, over the shoulder acion-y horror game, but doesn't feel like Resident Evil at all.

Also, the characters models aren't that great and inconsistent in quality. Leon looks worse than what I expected. And his eyes look so dead. Marvin looks alright, though.

Also, inb4 'you can't judge just by a demo wait until the full game comes out!'

Because we sure as hell saw that s***ty defense from fanboys a lot around RE7's release.

Yea, its not resdent evel without fix camera and no aiming. I only tug to old claire that look like mannequin girl. Even tho last fix camera game was 17 year ago, i guess us cool guyz need wait longer lololol resdent evil is what we think it shud b, not capcom

yes plz make moar third person action shooterz (which is definitely not what the series was founded on). I can do it too.

If we go by your logic, both The Evil Within 1 and 2 can be considered third person action shooters too, and we know that's not true.

...that's exactly what The Evil Within 1 is. I haven't played the second but it looked more action-y than the first, so yeah...those are both third person action shooters if you ask me.

Only in the last chapters TEW turns into a action shooter (that's because Mikami lost his touch), most of the time the game is a great survival horror experience that pays homage to the genre as a whole.

Dead Space 1 and 2 are also good examples of over the shoulder survival horror games, even the Resident Evil 2 Fan Remake was going to be OTS, this Suspiria guy is only hating the game because there's no fixed camera angles now.

User Info: Omni009

Omni009
1 week ago#153
Funny reading some people get upset because they just want to keep playing. Isn't that the purpose of a demo? To leave you wanting more so you go buy the game? Not to be fulfilling in itself.

User Info: goodlyoak

goodlyoak
1 week ago#154
Omni009 posted...
Funny reading some people get upset because they just want to keep playing. Isn't that the purpose of a demo? To leave you wanting more so you go buy the game? Not to be fulfilling in itself.

Yeah and a lot of demos do this without a unnecessary time limit.

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
1 week ago#155
xTheGrieverx posted...
I just played it. The controls are great and I think they lessened the talking during gameplay (not quite sure).

I noticed that too. In the demo I watched months ago, Leon wouldn't keep his mouth shut calling the zombies a******s and s***. None of that happened in the demo I just played

User Info: Phoenixeater

Phoenixeater
1 week ago#156
@manta53 posted...
Suspiria posted...
Azrakoth posted...
MrMexican95 posted...
Suspiria posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Suspiria posted...
Watched stream of it. It's pretty meh. It's about what I expected. Looks like a run of the mill, over the shoulder acion-y horror game, but doesn't feel like Resident Evil at all.

Also, the characters models aren't that great and inconsistent in quality. Leon looks worse than what I expected. And his eyes look so dead. Marvin looks alright, though.

Also, inb4 'you can't judge just by a demo wait until the full game comes out!'

Because we sure as hell saw that s***ty defense from fanboys a lot around RE7's release.

Ummmm... I just had hands on experience with the demo. Feels like Resident Evil to me.

And I had hands on experience with RE4, 5, 6, Revelations 1, Revelations 2, and RE7.

Not one of them felt like Resident Evil. This is just more Revelations style s*** with RE7's terrible engine.

Yeah, I TOTALLY need to play the game at this point to give an opinion on it. *rolls eyes*

Save the s***ty fanboy excuses.

It's exactly the same as the E3 demo so why are you just watching and make these comments now? Also it's free so why not just play it?

Why not comment on the Mr X footage or the licker gameplay and say how that's the same as 4-6 and the revelations games? :)

Cuz they guy made his mind up long ago and just hangs here to throw his "This isnt my Resident Evil" temper tantrams.

This is like getting mad at somebody 'making their mind up' to not like Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension just because they didn't like what they saw with Paranormal Activity 1-4.

When your new game is redoing the same s*** you've already seen in previous games you've already played, then no f***ing s*** a person is well within their right to decide not to be hooked into it.

This isn't rocket science, sport.

Next you're gonna be pissed at somebody deciding not to like the new Call of Duty just because Call of Duty rehashes a lot of the same s*** every year.

His point is you've been b****ing and whining about this game since it was first shown in June. Why are you still hanging around this board like a grumpy old man? Don't you have something better to do then b****ing and complaining on a board dedicated to a game you'll never like and never play?

This. Suspiria whine and b****es about every RE game post 4 over the same s*** (no fixed camera angles and tank controls). Even back then when this very game came out he spent months on this board constantly complaints about it. He already had his mind made up from the jump that he hates it and yet he continues to stay and be a nuisance. Even I don't complain this much much less stay on a board for a game I hate. God I wish the mods would ban him. If I haven't been modded I would become one myself for the sole purpose of getting rid of him. Unfortunately that would be abuse of power.
4/21/2016: R.I.P. Prince and Chyna 6/18/2018: R.I.P. Aretha Franklin

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
1 week ago#157
Again, is anyone on the Xbox?
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
(message deleted)

User Info: SeriouslySeriou

SeriouslySeriou
1 week ago#159
Really isn’t one and done. I just entered RPD a second time
Are you gamer enough to click here? https://youtu.be/gz9lLRHlh8I

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
1 week ago#160
SeriouslySeriou posted...
Really isn’t one and done. I just entered RPD a second time

Which platform?
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 2 1-shot DEMO IMPRESSIONS
  • Topic Archived