• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#81
Eh f*** the industry these days.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
2 months ago#82
riddlebox89 posted...
TrueGB posted...
You're ignoring the fact that the game plays differently from the original, nevermind the fact a lot of the game's tone, dialogue, and characters have been changed. It's a remake that has been reimagined as an RE4-like.

You guys put WAY too much weight on the story.

How a game plays has nothing to do with whether it's a remake or a re-imagining. Hell even REmake didn't play exactly like the original.

Also, REmake's tone and dialogue was also changed. Still a remake.

Gee maybe because story is the main thing that separates remake from re-imagining?

markm316 posted...
So what? So you're wrong. You literally said that it was the exact same story. I proved that it was not. I said nothing else on the matter. If you cannot admit that what you stated was wrong, there is no reason for myself or anyone else to give any statement you make credibility. In fact, you are losing credibility with all users when you post things like this.

As has been stated on this board many times before - we the fans do not determine what is or isn't for this series. We must go by what we hear/see from the developers. I provided to you proof of what a producer literally said about his opinion on the usage of those words with regards to his own game. Your opinion, regardless of any of the actual meaning of the terms, means less than his with regards to his own game.

The overall plot of the game is exactly the same as it was in the original. Subtle alterations or new things being introduced do not change that. So again, so f***ing what? Nothing major was changed.

I don't give a single f*** what some producer said. Using the term to describe something that doesn't fit the term is using the term wrong. Being a video game producer doesn't mean you can call an apple an orange and not be called a dullard.

BIack_Dynamite posted...
It is clearly a reimagining because it’s still a remake. It doesn’t have to be one or the other for some arbitrary reason.

Uhh no, it actually is one or the other because both words describe entirely different things.

Crimson_Storm posted...
You are correct.

Remaster- improves existing graphics and sounds.

Remake- recreating the game from scratch.

The Crash trilogy is a remake as it has new assets.

Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Snake Eater 3D, all have new assets, still not considered remakes.

Like you said, a remake is recreating the game from scratch. What you don't get is that it means the entire game, not just parts of it.

Crash and Spyro only had their graphics and voice acting redone, everything else is largely the same as the PS1 originals. Which makes them remasters, they just had more effort put into them than others.

You mean the gameplay, level design and such? Remakes aren’t required to change those you know? In order to be a remake, the only thing it has to do is recreate the game from scratch.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
2 months ago#83
KillerKhan420 posted...
Rude Hero posted...
tombrady3to1 posted...
It's not a remake for the millionth time they have said so themselves

If it's not a remake what is it? Certainly not a new entry in the series. Are you a flat earther per chance?

It's a reimagining. It's got some elements from 1.5 in it as well. The original remake wasn't a complete copy of the original either.

Either way, we've been waiting for this for a long time. Since the original remake fans have asked for this, I'll definitely be looking forward to this come the 25th.

It would be a folly to copy only the original with only minor changes. (See Secret of Mana)

Yes, there will be reimaginings and the introduction of fresh assets, however it's plain to see that not only has the game been remade from the ground up, but it follows the source material very closely in an effort to remake, retell and from a business standpoint, repeat the success of the og RE2.

But to ignore the fact that it's a remake and just simply a reimagining is ignorant, and for what?
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

User Info: soulofninjasoul

soulofninjasoul
2 months ago#84
This is ignorant. Really, really ignorant.
Adrenaline causes your to beat hard regardless.
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#85
soulofninjasoul posted...
This is ignorant. Really, really ignorant.
Adrenaline causes your to beat hard regardless.

Read it again...
He said its painful. If you are in pain from your heart beating something is up, adrenaline or not.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
2 months ago#86
Wow the amount of dumb f***ery is enough to make Trump look intelligent.

Remake: Resident Evil Gamecube, Twin Snakes, Zelda OOT 3D, Zelda MM HD, Super Mario Allstars, Final Fantasy 1 and 2 PS1, Final Fantasy 3 and 4 DS.

Remaster: Devil May Cry HD Collection, Resident Evil HD, RE0 HD, RE4 HD, RE5 HD, RE6 HD, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Final Fantasy X/X2 HD, Final Fantasy VII

Reimagining: Final Fantasy VII PS4, Resident Evil 2 PS4
Next time, do the world the favor you promised. QUACK

User Info: markm316

markm316
2 months ago#87
riddlebox89 posted...
TrueGB posted...
You're ignoring the fact that the game plays differently from the original, nevermind the fact a lot of the game's tone, dialogue, and characters have been changed. It's a remake that has been reimagined as an RE4-like.

You guys put WAY too much weight on the story.

How a game plays has nothing to do with whether it's a remake or a re-imagining. Hell even REmake didn't play exactly like the original.

Also, REmake's tone and dialogue was also changed. Still a remake.

Gee maybe because story is the main thing that separates remake from re-imagining?

markm316 posted...
So what? So you're wrong. You literally said that it was the exact same story. I proved that it was not. I said nothing else on the matter. If you cannot admit that what you stated was wrong, there is no reason for myself or anyone else to give any statement you make credibility. In fact, you are losing credibility with all users when you post things like this.

As has been stated on this board many times before - we the fans do not determine what is or isn't for this series. We must go by what we hear/see from the developers. I provided to you proof of what a producer literally said about his opinion on the usage of those words with regards to his own game. Your opinion, regardless of any of the actual meaning of the terms, means less than his with regards to his own game.

The overall plot of the game is exactly the same as it was in the original. Subtle alterations or new things being introduced do not change that. So again, so f***ing what? Nothing major was changed.

I don't give a single f*** what some producer said. Using the term to describe something that doesn't fit the term is using the term wrong. Being a video game producer doesn't mean you can call an apple an orange and not be called a dullard.

BIack_Dynamite posted...
It is clearly a reimagining because it’s still a remake. It doesn’t have to be one or the other for some arbitrary reason.

Uhh no, it actually is one or the other because both words describe entirely different things.

Crimson_Storm posted...
You are correct.

Remaster- improves existing graphics and sounds.

Remake- recreating the game from scratch.

The Crash trilogy is a remake as it has new assets.

Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Snake Eater 3D, all have new assets, still not considered remakes.

Like you said, a remake is recreating the game from scratch. What you don't get is that it means the entire game, not just parts of it.

Crash and Spyro only had their graphics and voice acting redone, everything else is largely the same as the PS1 originals. Which makes them remasters, they just had more effort put into them than others.

Thank you for amending your original statement so it doesn't come off as completely untrue. I appreciate you correcting yourself.

The producer literally gets to decide how he wants to describe the game, and he did. Anyone who wants to quote him or use his terminology with reference to his game is free to do so.
If you have knowledge and you aren't using it to educate your fellow person, what are you using it for?

User Info: BIack_Dynamite

BIack_Dynamite
2 months ago#88
Lol it is a reimagined remake it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
2 months ago#89
edward18 posted...
...no s***? By that logic you should admit then that Crash and Spyro's redone trilogies are remakes.

That's not what I said. I said USING THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL. Crash and Spyro's graphics were remade. Hence they are remakes.

If they remade the graphics then they are remakes.

THAT IS NOT A f***ING REMASTER!

Why would I admit something that's not true?

And outside of the graphics, voice dialogue and music, everything else is the original material. Hence they are not remakes.

Lol nope, a remake is far more than just redone graphics.

Yeah they are, they're just remasters that had a lot more effort put into them.

No reason continuing to argue your point now, everyone around here that knows you well enough knows that you only get this pissed off when you're wrong.

DemonCurse69 posted...
Wow the amount of dumb f***ery is enough to make Trump look intelligent.

Remake: Zelda OOT 3D, Zelda MM HD

Reimagining: Final Fantasy VII PS4, Resident Evil 2 PS4

Lol nope.

OoT and MM 3D are remasters. FF7 and RE2 are remakes.

If you don't understand the difference between a remake and a re-imagining, keep your mouth shut.

markm316 posted...
Thank you for amending your original statement so it doesn't come off as completely untrue. I appreciate you correcting yourself.

The producer literally gets to decide how he wants to describe the game, and he did. Anyone who wants to quote him or use his terminology with reference to his game is free to do so.

...I didn't correct myself, it's the same goddamn thing I said before.

The producer can describe it how they want, people that want to quote him can quote him how they want. But it doesn't mean s*** when they're wrong.

BIack_Dynamite posted...
Lol it is a reimagined remake

it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

There's no such thing.

Yes it does, they're two completely different things. You cannot be a re-imagining and a remake.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
2 months ago#90
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
The first remake was in 2002, this is the 2nd remake for the series in 2019. How exactly is it being overdone?

https://i.imgtc.com/SiHvgJ1.png
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.
  • Topic Archived