You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 week ago#61
riddlebox89 posted...
It's not a re-imagining. A re-imagining would have a completely different story and the characters wouldn't be the same.

You're ignoring the fact that the game plays differently from the original, nevermind the fact a lot of the game's tone, dialogue, and characters have been changed. It's a remake that has been reimagined as an RE4-like.

You guys put WAY too much weight on the story.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: markm316

markm316
1 week ago#62
riddlebox89 posted...
markm316 posted...
1st Bolded Portion - Irons kidnapping Sherry is not in the original, therefore it does NOT have the exact same story. Furthermore, none of us have played the game, so none of us know the extent to which the game's story has been changed.

2nd Bolded Portion - If the developers can use the term interchangeably (and at least producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi does - https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/08/remake-remaster-or-reimagining-the-task-of-bringing-back-resident-evil-2) then the fans can as well. That means your claim that fans who use different terms to describe the game are wrong, is incorrect.

So f***ing what? REmake had new story elements added in, that didn't change a damn thing. Also, new plot elements being added don't mean jack s*** when the overall story is the same.

...uhh...no, that isn't how s*** works at all.

If one person is using a word wrong, that means other people using the word the same way are also wrong. Believing they're using the word properly does not make it so. And thinking about it the way you do just shows how much the educational system is failing.

So no, I'm not incorrect when I say people using the term re-imagining to describe this remake are wrong, because remake and re-imagining are two different words with two different meanings that are not interchangeable.

tombrady3to1 posted...
I didn't even waste the time arguing with someone who devoted their username to ICP lol

Oh boy that's a new one, I have never heard that before, not ever.

Yeah...you do know that this says more about your inability to counter anything I said than it does about me, right?

edward18 posted...
No that was not. They redid the graphics. That's a remake. A remaster is taking the original footage and cleaning it up.

Yeah it was, it even says it's a remaster on the f***ing case and the people that made it consider it a remaster and are actually using the term properly.

Redoing the graphics=/=remake. A remake is redoing the entire game from scratch. Remasters can and sometimes do get redone graphics.

Like Ocarina of Time 3D and Majoras Mask 3D, they had redone graphics, but are not remakes.

So what? So you're wrong. You literally said that it was the exact same story. I proved that it was not. I said nothing else on the matter. If you cannot admit that what you stated was wrong, there is no reason for myself or anyone else to give any statement you make credibility. In fact, you are losing credibility with all users when you post things like this.

As has been stated on this board many times before - we the fans do not determine what is or isn't for this series. We must go by what we hear/see from the developers. I provided to you proof of what a producer literally said about his opinion on the usage of those words with regards to his own game. Your opinion, regardless of any of the actual meaning of the terms, means less than his with regards to his own game.
If you have knowledge and you aren't using it to educate your fellow person, what are you using it for?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
1 week ago#63
But the story has become so over the top and convoluted and ridiculous at this point, it’s nice to go back to when resident evil actually felt like resident evil. I’d rather play older updates resident evil games than the crazy crap they’ve been coming out with since 4 onwards.

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
1 week ago#64
they shoulda just ended it after re5 honestly. 6 and 7 were trash and lost it's way
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: doowop

doowop
1 week ago#65
re7 was horrible so i dont really care if we see re8 after that.
doowop dooby doowop doolang
It is clearly a reimagining because it’s still a remake. It doesn’t have to be one or the other for some arbitrary reason.

Even first remake is reimagined slightly, mansion is different yet recognizable, the Trevor subplot, Richard can live longer and certain gameplay changes like the death masks.

User Info: kingofjamaica

kingofjamaica
1 week ago#67
No thanks. Remake 3, start the series over from that point. I'm fine with losing RE7 if it means getting the series back on track story wise.
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
There's no way they can make RE8 anything other than an all-out action fest if it stars Jake. Thus, I don't ever want to see him return to the series. He was an annoying and arrogant character.

User Info: Evil77

Evil77
1 week ago#69
riddlebox89 posted...
No a remake is not just remaking the graphics. A remake is remaking every single thing about the game. If only the graphics were redone, it's not a remake.
Seriously, remake and remaster are two completely different terms with two completely different meanings, they're not interchangeable. A remake is an old game rebuilt from scratch with modern technology, so for all intents and purposes, it's a completely new game. A remaster is the exact same game, it just looks better.

@riddlebox89

So Shadow of the Colossus PS4 is also a remaster? It’s literally the exact same PS2 game but it just looks better. I could’ve sworn the developers called it a remake. That’s why I’m getting confused between the two terms.

Remake 1 on PS4 is also a remaster, right?

I thought a remaster was just upscaling existing graphics to HD and enhancing the audio?

I’m not an expert so is there an official definition of those 2 terms somewhere to settle this once and for all? I’d like to know.

As far as the topic is concerned, I appreciate your opinion TC but I for one would love to see more remakes, or remasters or reimagined or whatever it’s called. Especially if they’ll look just as good as Remake 2 and Shadow of the Colossus PS4.

Omg I’d pay big bucks to play a MGS2-3 remake!

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
1 week ago#70
@Ryozaki311 posted...
Do you guys think there's something wrong with me? I just dont think i could spend and spend more money and not get a proper answer.

If it "hurts" and did so enough for you to see 3 different doctors something isn't right. Fact is doctors are people too. People who go through a lot of school, but they are still people and prone to mistakes. That said I'm not a doctor and a smaller heart could be the reason why. But exercise should still help. If you can't run wherever you are push up, crunches, air squats, lunges and burpees can all be done everywhere.

Like the others said it happens because of fight or flight response triggering. If it hurts its because your heart isn't strong enough to get into it or maintain it. The reaction is normal, pain not so much. If you are running 4 min miles I really dont know what to tell you, but something tells me you could probably benefit from more physical activity. All it takes is like a 10 min routine when you wake up and before bed to put you really close to getting the recommended weekly exercise.

@Evil77 posted...
So Shadow of the Colossus PS4 is also a remaster? It’s literally the exact same PS2 game but it just looks better. I could’ve sworn the developers called it a remake. That’s why I’m getting confused between the two terms.

Remake 1 on PS4 is also a remaster, right?

I thought a remaster was just upscaling existing graphics to HD and enhancing the audio?

I’m not an expert so is there an official definition of those 2 terms somewhere to settle this once and for all? I’d like to know.

As far as the topic is concerned, I appreciate your opinion TC but I for one would love to see more remakes, or remasters or reimagined or whatever it’s called. Especially if they’ll look just as good as Remake 2 and Shadow of the Colossus PS4.

Omg I’d pay big bucks to play a MGS2-3 remake!

Bold is true. Games like SoTC "should" be called remaster but the terms arent REALLY set in stone. Typically a remaster is just tuning the media to be better. Like remastering an old song to make it not sound grainy or remastering an old show and adding color. A remake is basically like all the good movies that are remade crappy, they take the base premise and start from scratch, faithfulness is optional.

RE1 is the original, REmake is a remake, REmake HD is a remaster. Remaster takes what you have and makes it better, remake has all new assets.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.