• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
2 months ago#51
Even though I wound up liking RE7, RE8 might just not be another FPS game where you play as some boring ass guy that I couldn't give a s*** out.

I'm not really in a rush.
Official Scarecrow of the Injustice 2 boards PSN-Ragiroth
My youtube channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
2 months ago#52
markm316 posted...
1st Bolded Portion - Irons kidnapping Sherry is not in the original, therefore it does NOT have the exact same story. Furthermore, none of us have played the game, so none of us know the extent to which the game's story has been changed.

2nd Bolded Portion - If the developers can use the term interchangeably (and at least producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi does - https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/08/remake-remaster-or-reimagining-the-task-of-bringing-back-resident-evil-2) then the fans can as well. That means your claim that fans who use different terms to describe the game are wrong, is incorrect.

So f***ing what? REmake had new story elements added in, that didn't change a damn thing. Also, new plot elements being added don't mean jack s*** when the overall story is the same.

...uhh...no, that isn't how s*** works at all.

If one person is using a word wrong, that means other people using the word the same way are also wrong. Believing they're using the word properly does not make it so. And thinking about it the way you do just shows how much the educational system is failing.

So no, I'm not incorrect when I say people using the term re-imagining to describe this remake are wrong, because remake and re-imagining are two different words with two different meanings that are not interchangeable.

tombrady3to1 posted...
I didn't even waste the time arguing with someone who devoted their username to ICP lol

Oh boy that's a new one, I have never heard that before, not ever.

Yeah...you do know that this says more about your inability to counter anything I said than it does about me, right?

edward18 posted...
No that was not. They redid the graphics. That's a remake. A remaster is taking the original footage and cleaning it up.

Yeah it was, it even says it's a remaster on the f***ing case and the people that made it consider it a remaster and are actually using the term properly.

Redoing the graphics=/=remake. A remake is redoing the entire game from scratch. Remasters can and sometimes do get redone graphics.

Like Ocarina of Time 3D and Majoras Mask 3D, they had redone graphics, but are not remakes.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#53
Just because modern gaming is f***ing lying to you doesn't mean that's what it is.

All those games that say HD on their collections but look pretty much exactly like they used to? THOSE are Remasters. They've taken the original footage and sharpened up the image quality. That's what a remaster is. The Jak Collection? Remaster. The Sly Collection? Remaster.

If you REMAKE the graphics then it's a remake. The Spyro Reignited Trilogy? Remake. The Crash N. Sane Triolgy? Remake. They've literally remade the graphics. That's what a remake is. REMAKING it. Doesn't matter what the cover says. It's wrong.

And yes, if they redid the graphics in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask then they are most certainly remakes.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

riddlebox89
2 months ago#54
edward18 posted...
Just because modern gaming is f***ing lying to you doesn't mean that's what it is.

All those games that say HD on their collections but look pretty much exactly like they used to? THOSE are Remasters. They've taken the original footage and sharpened up the image quality. That's what a remaster is. The Jak Collection? Remaster. The Sly Collection? Remaster.

If you REMAKE the graphics then it's a remake. The Spyro Reignited Trilogy? Remake. The Crash N. Sane Triolgy? Remake. They've literally remade the graphics. That's what a remake is. REMAKING it. Doesn't matter what the cover says. It's wrong.

And yes, if they redid the graphics in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask then they are most certainly remakes.

Only one lying, or at the very least, is incredibly misinformed, is you. Seriously at this point you might as well pick one because I could settle on either.

Yes those are remasters.

Spyro, Crash, Ocarina and Majora's are also remasters. They're just remasters with redone graphics.

No a remake is not just remaking the graphics. A remake is remaking every single thing about the game. If only the graphics were redone, it's not a remake.

By the way, your argument kinda falls flat on its face when you consider the fact that you'll call Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D a remake...when the only redone thing about it are the character models.

Seriously, remake and remaster are two completely different terms with two completely different meanings, they're not interchangeable. A remake is an old game rebuilt from scratch with modern technology, so for all intents and purposes, it's a completely new game. A remaster is the exact same game, it just looks better.

By those definitions, which are the correct uses of the two terms, Crash, Spyro, Ocarina and Majora's are remasters.

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#55
If they've redone graphics they are not f***ing remasters -_- You can set a roast beef sandwhich down in front of someone and call it a hamburger, but that doesn't mean it's a hamburger. A remaster is, plain and simple, the ORIGINAL material, not redone material, not redone graphics, the ORIGINAL material, but cleaned up. If you redo the graphics it's no longer a remaster. Simple as that.

And yes, they are two different things. Two different things that you do not seem to understand. I'm not using them interchangeably and neither are you, but you are using the terms in the incorrect way, as is much of the industry these days.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Veggeta X

Veggeta X
2 months ago#56
It's a good thing Capcom don't make games exclusively for TC.
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
Square Enix Defense Force

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
2 months ago#57
tombrady3to1 posted...
It's not a remake for the millionth time they have said so themselves

If it's not a remake what is it? Certainly not a new entry in the series. Are you a flat earther per chance?
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
2 months ago#58
Rude Hero posted...
tombrady3to1 posted...
It's not a remake for the millionth time they have said so themselves

If it's not a remake what is it? Certainly not a new entry in the series. Are you a flat earther per chance?

It's a reimagining. It's got some elements from 1.5 in it as well. The original remake wasn't a complete copy of the original either.

Either way, we've been waiting for this for a long time. Since the original remake fans have asked for this, I'll definitely be looking forward to this come the 25th.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

riddlebox89
2 months ago#59
edward18 posted...
If they've redone graphics they are not f***ing remasters -_- You can set a roast beef sandwhich down in front of someone and call it a hamburger, but that doesn't mean it's a hamburger. A remaster is, plain and simple, the ORIGINAL material, not redone material, not redone graphics, the ORIGINAL material, but cleaned up. If you redo the graphics it's no longer a remaster. Simple as that.

And yes, they are two different things. Two different things that you do not seem to understand. I'm not using them interchangeably and neither are you, but you are using the terms in the incorrect way, as is much of the industry these days.

If all they've done is redo the graphics, then yes they are remasters. Remakes are every single last bit of the game redone from scratch. Something that seems to go in one ear and out the other for you.

Yes, and Crash and Spyro are the original material.

I don't seem to understand? You're not using them interchangeably? Could've fooled me. I mean you are the one saying that a game that is exactly the same as it was before, but just looks better, is somehow a remake when that would define a remaster.

KillerKhan420 posted...
It's a reimagining. It's got some elements from 1.5 in it as well. The original remake wasn't a complete copy of the original either.

It's not a re-imagining. A re-imagining would have a completely different story and the characters wouldn't be the same.

It's a remake.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 months ago#60
They'll do whatever sells, TC. It's as easy to understand as that.

Resident Evil 2 sold like hotcakes back in the day.
Kirinix Kardinal: https://i.imgtc.com/JNwvL4I.jpg https://i.imgtc.com/hKHO5Ni.jpg
(SC6 Creation) https://i.imgtc.com/Ejym4EF.jpg https://i.imgtc.com/Sj4CEB7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.
  • Topic Archived