• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.

User Info: Ryozaki311

Ryozaki311
2 months ago#41
Altho i apreciate the concern ive had 3 other doctors tell me 3 different things see other post in different topic, but they say im healthy im/ have a slightly smaller heart etc.(see other post) i probably beleive the smaller heart situation more as i dont know much about cardio/heart conditions etc.

Do you guys think there's something wrong with me? I just dont think i could spend and spend more money and not get a proper answer

It sucks that this happens on horror games, u get that feeling u really want to play it but its too scary so you watch a streamer and use cheats(dont hate on me thats how i can counter the feeling sry)
"ill be back!"
-RoboCop

User Info: markm316

markm316
2 months ago#42
riddlebox89 posted...
tombrady3to1 posted...
It's not a remake for the millionth time they have said so themselves

It's an old game being made from scratch using modern technology, it's got the exact same story, is set in the same locations (With minor changes to existing locations and some new ones added) and stars the same characters. Now what is that called...oh right, a remake.

Nobody gives a s*** what they call it when developers use terms like remake, remaster, reboot and reimagining as if they're interchangeable words that don't have entirely different meanings.

You can try calling it a reimagining all you want, but you'll be wrong every single time.

1st Bolded Portion - Irons kidnapping Sherry is not in the original, therefore it does NOT have the exact same story. Furthermore, none of us have played the game, so none of us know the extent to which the game's story has been changed.

2nd Bolded Portion - If the developers can use the term interchangeably (and at least producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi does - https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/08/remake-remaster-or-reimagining-the-task-of-bringing-back-resident-evil-2) then the fans can as well. That means your claim that fans who use different terms to describe the game are wrong, is incorrect.
If you have knowledge and you aren't using it to educate your fellow person, what are you using it for?

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
2 months ago#43
I didn't think RE2 or 3 needed remakes. A remake of RE1 was enough. But if they just HAD to waste time doing a remake of 2, then they should have done it the same RE1 handled things. They failed to do so. Thus making this remake a giant waste of time.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
2 months ago#44
It's supply and demand. Not a couple angry people on the internet hate old stuff. Don't buy the game and move on with your life.

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
2 months ago#45
markm316 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
tombrady3to1 posted...
It's not a remake for the millionth time they have said so themselves

It's an old game being made from scratch using modern technology, it's got the exact same story, is set in the same locations (With minor changes to existing locations and some new ones added) and stars the same characters. Now what is that called...oh right, a remake.

Nobody gives a s*** what they call it when developers use terms like remake, remaster, reboot and reimagining as if they're interchangeable words that don't have entirely different meanings.

You can try calling it a reimagining all you want, but you'll be wrong every single time.

1st Bolded Portion - Irons kidnapping Sherry is not in the original, therefore it does NOT have the exact same story. Furthermore, none of us have played the game, so none of us know the extent to which the game's story has been changed.

2nd Bolded Portion - If the developers can use the term interchangeably (and at least producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi does - https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/08/remake-remaster-or-reimagining-the-task-of-bringing-back-resident-evil-2) then the fans can as well. That means your claim that fans who use different terms to describe the game are wrong, is incorrect.

I didn't even waste the time arguing with someone who devoted their username to ICP lol
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: cloud4124

cloud4124
2 months ago#46
Ryozaki311 posted...
well as long as its not like that re7 game where it makes you feel too weak and gets your heart to unsually high bpm its ok

devs just go back to re4,5,6 mechanics or atleast have an option for the easiest difficulty

the problem is that RE games were meant to scare you, capcom went with more action after the halos and the call of duty franchise became so popular and other devs followed also like silent hill and dead space went all action with their sequels
PSN ID: Ultimateevilz

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#47
I just get irritated at people using the term remaster these days. Things like the Crash N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro are not remasters, they're remakes.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: cloud4124

cloud4124
2 months ago#48
edward18 posted...
I just get irritated at people using the term remaster these days. Things like the Crash N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro are not remasters, they're remakes.

spyro maybe but crash was a remastered
PSN ID: Ultimateevilz

User Info: wild361

wild361
2 months ago#49
This a new game based on the same story. A remake yes, but a very new experience in my opinion.
The Voice of Reason

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#50
No that was not. They redid the graphics. That's a remake. A remaster is taking the original footage and cleaning it up.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.
  • Topic Archived