• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.

User Info: Nordairan

Nordairan
2 months ago#31
The continuation of the story is pretty dumb, exept for RE7 which is not good but not bad also... So no, pls continue with remaking masterpieces, they are better than the story of newest RE chapters...

User Info: George Trevor

George Trevor
2 months ago#32
Oni Seraph posted...
Ryozaki311 posted...
Padraigo52 posted...
If your heart is getting too high playing a video game, you are seriously unhealthy and need to work on changing your diet or start excercising.

im in good health the doctors assured me im stress free and its only bacause of these games that i get that really really bad beating in my chest its funny but they say im just too into it, i dismissed the their opinion and continued but it was like this for all horror games(dead space, fatal frame, silent hill)

yes call me chicken call me weak call me a scared little kid but that;s how it is, i just dont get WHY its only in video games and not in movies or in real life(I.E. a roller coaster,that glass floor on top of the building i went to on shanghai etc.)

He is still right. If you work out you wouldn't have heart rate ever feel too high from playing. There is a huge difference between being in "good health" and excellent health. If you arent getting your heart rate into the 140-160 range for at least 3 hours a week, you could be much healthier end of story. If you are used to being worked up your body knows how to react and shouldnt over react. If it gets so high it hurts that is something is wrong. Only time I've felt "too weak" or that my rate was "too high" my heart rate was topping out at 198 BPM on a monitor(Pushing myself as hard as I could in high elevation after a vacation). If you really feel like its like that you might be able to be scared to death.

Lol thats such ********. I used to bike to work for years every single day and games still got my heart pumped whenever i was pushing my own limits in a videogame, specially multiplayer games like mario kart. And im not even remotely concidered overweight. If anything, people would call be skinny.
A communication error has occurred.

User Info: liamx2000

liamx2000
2 months ago#33
Nordairan posted...
The continuation of the story is pretty dumb, exept for RE7 which is not good but not bad also... So no, pls continue with remaking masterpieces, they are better than the story of newest RE chapters...

7 was amazing and a step in the right direction in adding a breath of fresh air to the series.

It was a good idea to show how it effects the normal people and how they try to survive in the world of RE.
Go to google and type Gamefaqs is......
The internet has spoken.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
2 months ago#34
George Trevor posted...
Oni Seraph posted...
Ryozaki311 posted...
Padraigo52 posted...
If your heart is getting too high playing a video game, you are seriously unhealthy and need to work on changing your diet or start excercising.

im in good health the doctors assured me im stress free and its only bacause of these games that i get that really really bad beating in my chest its funny but they say im just too into it, i dismissed the their opinion and continued but it was like this for all horror games(dead space, fatal frame, silent hill)

yes call me chicken call me weak call me a scared little kid but that;s how it is, i just dont get WHY its only in video games and not in movies or in real life(I.E. a roller coaster,that glass floor on top of the building i went to on shanghai etc.)

He is still right. If you work out you wouldn't have heart rate ever feel too high from playing. There is a huge difference between being in "good health" and excellent health. If you arent getting your heart rate into the 140-160 range for at least 3 hours a week, you could be much healthier end of story. If you are used to being worked up your body knows how to react and shouldnt over react. If it gets so high it hurts that is something is wrong. Only time I've felt "too weak" or that my rate was "too high" my heart rate was topping out at 198 BPM on a monitor(Pushing myself as hard as I could in high elevation after a vacation). If you really feel like its like that you might be able to be scared to death.

Lol thats such ********. I used to bike to work for years every single day and games still got my heart pumped whenever i was pushing my own limits in a videogame, specially multiplayer games like mario kart. And im not even remotely concidered overweight. If anything, people would call be skinny.

Yes I think he mistakes high bpm from excercise with high bpm from intense situations.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#35
@George_Trevor
@Sega9599

Ryozaki311 posted...
well as long as its not like that re7 game where it makes you feel too weak and gets your heart to unsually high bpm its ok

devs just go back to re4,5,6 mechanics or atleast have an option for the easiest difficulty

Ryozaki311 posted...

Reread his posts, he implies it only ever happens from games and that he saw a doctor because of it. If video games get your heart racing faster than anything PERIOD, you need to get more exercise. Furthermore if you exercise it wont be as bad when your heart gets going and you may not even notice it. He has either never done anything strenuous in his entire life(and is exaggerating) or has a serious problem.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

George Trevor
2 months ago#36
All misinformation. You can be healthy as **** and still get a racing heartbeat in tense moments while playing a videogame.

It’s nerves and adrenaline. It’s your fight or flight response kicking in.

George Trevor
2 months ago#37
The only time when it's not normal to get a racing heart when not doing anything physical is when you are, for example, doing regular stuff like doing grocery shopping, and all of a sudden you get anxious and your heart starts pumping. That's called a panic attack and anxiety. But it's still your fight or flight response kicking in. The problem however is you are not doing anything remotely exciting. That is not normal.

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
2 months ago#38
Again I never said you cant get a high heartbeat, he implies that it is more significant than that. He implies that it hurts and he feels weak.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

User Info: Garnesy229

Garnesy229
2 months ago#39
Padraigo52 posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
PumpkinBelmont posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
The first remake was in 2002, this is the 2nd remake for the series in 2019. How exactly is it being overdone?

https://i.imgtc.com/SiHvgJ1.png

He said remakes are overdone, not Resident Evil remakes specifically.

He posted this topic here, so he clearly has a problem with RE getting a remake, and I'm pointing out his generalization doesn't fit with the series. If this was a Pokemon message board this topic would make more sense given there a 4 remakes already in that franchise.

Also, this game is more of a reimagining than a remake, it isn't a carbon copy like Crash/Spyro/SOTC.

Its a remake... and the gaming industry needs to chill on them.

Its not really a remake per say. Its more RE2 re-imagined so don't expect the story and places to be exactly the same. Their site even says this.

User Info: Padraigo52

Padraigo52
2 months ago#40
George Trevor posted...
Oni Seraph posted...
Ryozaki311 posted...
Padraigo52 posted...

Doesnt mean you are eating healthy.. high cholesterol affects skinny people too.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.
  • Topic Archived