You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#11
Padraigo52 posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
PumpkinBelmont posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
The first remake was in 2002, this is the 2nd remake for the series in 2019. How exactly is it being overdone?

https://i.imgtc.com/SiHvgJ1.png

He said remakes are overdone, not Resident Evil remakes specifically.

He posted this topic here, so he clearly has a problem with RE getting a remake, and I'm pointing out his generalization doesn't fit with the series. If this was a Pokemon message board this topic would make more sense given there a 4 remakes already in that franchise.

Also, this game is more of a reimagining than a remake, it isn't a carbon copy like Crash/Spyro/SOTC.

Its a remake... and the gaming industry needs to chill on them.

LOL people have been wanting this remake for the past 18 years, just because remakes/remasters have become slightly popular as of late doesn't mean everybody needs to chill on them.

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
1 week ago#12
Padraigo52 posted...
SLUM_KING posted...
That's what I'm talking about man, forget about all these remake bulls*** and just move on. Where's my man Jake at. What about Sherry and the OGs like Chris and Leon you know what I'm saying.

Yes. Jake, although a bit cliche, is a really interesting character. I want to see him kick more Zombie ass. Plus, baker is a sexy VA.

Yeah Joe Baker was crazy as f*** too, that muthaf***a was beating up molded with his bare fist.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#13
Padraigo52 posted...
Yes. Jake, although a bit cliche, is a really interesting character. I want to see him kick more Zombie ass. Plus, baker is a sexy VA.

Well, no need to take TC seriously anymore. The last thing we need is his fabulous envision of RE8 😂

User Info: porhawj2012

porhawj2012
1 week ago#14
quit complaining about remake games on RE.. fans want play remake for RE 3 and Code Veronica so fans want have great RE collection at home : RE zero through RE 7 before RE 8 come out anytime

User Info: Ryozaki311

Ryozaki311
1 week ago#15
well as long as its not like that re7 game where it makes you feel too weak and gets your heart to unsually high bpm its ok

devs just go back to re4,5,6 mechanics or atleast have an option for the easiest difficulty
"ill be back!"
-RoboCop
CODEumb87 posted...
The first remake was in 2002, this is the 2nd remake for the series in 2019. How exactly is it being overdone?

https://i.imgtc.com/SiHvgJ1.png
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: LatinChris_9990 | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 week ago#17
CODEumb87 posted...
The first remake was in 2002, this is the 2nd remake for the series in 2019. How exactly is it being overdone

I was just about to say this. I know remakes are getting a lot of hype now and everyone might not be on board, but let’s not act like there’s been anything more than 2 remakes in RE, with a long gap between them.
I'll never long for what might have been
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
1 week ago#18
It's not a remake for the millionth time they have said so themselves
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.
tombrady3to1 posted...

Only the marketing in the west. Japan still considers it a remake.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#20
tombrady3to1 posted...

It's an old game being made from scratch using modern technology, it's got the exact same story, is set in the same locations (With minor changes to existing locations and some new ones added) and stars the same characters. Now what is that called...oh right, a remake.

Nobody gives a s*** what they call it when developers use terms like remake, remaster, reboot and reimagining as if they're interchangeable words that don't have entirely different meanings.

You can try calling it a reimagining all you want, but you'll be wrong every single time.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Remakes have been overdone, just move on with the story.