• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I Hope The Save Rooms Won't Magically Keep Enemies Out

User Info: LaraAngelOfDark

LaraAngelOfDark
2 weeks ago#41
PumpkinBelmont posted...
LaraAngelOfDark posted...
Don't we already have pictures and video of Mr. X and zombies chasing Claire into the main hall? There is a typewriter and item box there...so that kind of answers the question.

The main hall was never considered a safe room though. There were enemies in there in the original too.

Not on the first floor, so my point still stands.
"I need Thor's belt to get to his hammer, and I need the hammer to kill a god."

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
2 weeks ago#42
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Don't we already have pictures and video of Mr. X and zombies chasing Claire into the main hall? There is a typewriter and item box there...so that kind of answers the question.

The main hall was never considered a safe room though. There were enemies in there in the original too.

Not on the first floor, so my point still stands.

There's video footage of Mr X breaking through a door on the 1F main hall of the RPD.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
2 weeks ago#43
What do we call the room then?
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character! Path of Radiance is the best Fire Emblem!

User Info: DKLinks

DKLinks
2 weeks ago#44
Sega9599 posted...
Scared_to_Death posted...
WindMouseHanpan posted...
I'm split, honestly. Yeah, it would be immersion breaking, but at the same time, I'd miss save rooms being "safe rooms" where you can get a momentary relief from danger, while listening to that music.

Yes, the save room is and always should be holy ground, thats a part of classic tradition you dont mess with.

How is that 'survival horror'? Just because resident evil 1 did it?

A magic box that transfers all items is not survival horror either. Rule of thumb when it comes to games. Fun first, sense second.
"Cowards live longer."
Official Young Link of the Smash Ultimate Board

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
2 weeks ago#45
DKLinks posted...
Sega9599 posted...
Scared_to_Death posted...
WindMouseHanpan posted...
I'm split, honestly. Yeah, it would be immersion breaking, but at the same time, I'd miss save rooms being "safe rooms" where you can get a momentary relief from danger, while listening to that music.

Yes, the save room is and always should be holy ground, thats a part of classic tradition you dont mess with.

How is that 'survival horror'? Just because resident evil 1 did it?

A magic box that transfers all items is not survival horror either. Rule of thumb when it comes to games. Fun first, sense second.

That doesn't mean it's not survival horror. It's just not realistic.

Also "real survival" for Remake 1 did delink the magic boxes.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: LatinChris_9990 | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
2 weeks ago#46
Nah, I want save rooms to remain safe.
When I first played Resident Evil as a kid, I got really scared (I was maybe eleven years old at that time) and I used to hide inside a save room quite often, while listening to the relaxing music and gathering enough "strength" to explore the mansion again. Sure, this wont happen today, as games do not scare me anymore, but they can be stressful and I don't like games that constantly put preassure on me.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 weeks ago#47

I guess if you try to save when an enemy is around, there prompt to save might be blocked.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
(message deleted)

User Info: ConsiderSudoku

ConsiderSudoku
2 weeks ago#49
They probably thought of this and made sure Mr. X never spawns within the same hallway a save room is in. I'd imagine someone will try and lure him to a save room to see what happens.
LOONA

User Info: UltimaDagger

UltimaDagger
2 weeks ago#50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ur5ZK2tYtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M70go35bYHg

There are videos currently to suggest that save rooms might not be safe as seen in the videos above at around the 6:15 mark in the first video. The main hall is clearly not safe and Mr X can go into the area even though we know there is a typewriter and an item box there and it was a safe area in the original game.

There is also a video of Mr X chasing Ada and that never happened in the original Ada sections either.
XB271HU| CM HAF X | Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K | 2x8GB DDR3 1866 | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti | 1TB SSD | WD 2x1TB HDD | AX 860W | K70 | G502 | HyperX Revolver S
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I Hope The Save Rooms Won't Magically Keep Enemies Out
  • Topic Archived