• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I Hope The Save Rooms Won't Magically Keep Enemies Out

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
2 months ago#21
Hero3ziz posted...
Actually according to Capcom (RE7’s OST), they’re called Safe Rooms not Save Rooms because being safe is the main feature of such rooms, saving is just a secondary feature. That’s why they have the relaxing music.

Being completely safe in such rooms is one of the defining features of the series, so no I hope they’re still safe in the remake.

This.

Leave the safe rooms as they are.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#22
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
So yeah, it's confirmed that save rooms do make enemies f*** off in Remake 2. Mr. X's footsteps fade away completely when you hit a save room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbTMjnc86w
At 12:40, you can still hear Mr. X's footsteps when you're in the save room but the video cuts off before we can confirm if it enters the room.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
2 months ago#23
Scared_to_Death posted...
WindMouseHanpan posted...
I'm split, honestly. Yeah, it would be immersion breaking, but at the same time, I'd miss save rooms being "safe rooms" where you can get a momentary relief from danger, while listening to that music.

Yes, the save room is and always should be holy ground, thats a part of classic tradition you dont mess with.

How is that 'survival horror'? Just because resident evil 1 did it?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
2 months ago#24
Don't give a crap about no save rooms being safe cause they didn't exist in resident evil 4 to 6 and they were my favorite especially 6 so ain't got the nostaglia feel for it. Just have them allowed to go anywhere with no room limits but If any of them are dumb enough to come inside the room while I'm trying to save than they ain't leaving the room alive real talk.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
2 months ago#25
@SLUM_KING posted...
Don't give a crap about no save rooms being safe cause they didn't exist in resident evil 4 to 6 and they were my favorite especially 6 so ain't got the nostaglia feel for it. Just have them allowed to go anywhere with no room limits but If any of them are dumb enough to come inside the room while I'm trying to save than they ain't leaving the room alive real talk.

They exist in RE4. Get your facts straight.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
2 months ago#26
Goldsickle posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
So yeah, it's confirmed that save rooms do make enemies f*** off in Remake 2. Mr. X's footsteps fade away completely when you hit a save room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbTMjnc86w
At 12:40, you can still hear Mr. X's footsteps when you're in the save room but the video cuts off before we can confirm if it enters the room.

Hm, interesting. I think he might just go away or still wait outside for you. That being said that would be a "HOLY s***" moment if a creature just busted into the save room.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: LatinChris_9990 | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Monomate360

Monomate360
2 months ago#27
I'm split, honestly. Yeah, it would be immersion breaking, but at the same time, I'd miss save rooms being "safe rooms" where you can get a momentary relief from danger, while listening to that music.

Yes, the save room is and always should be holy ground, thats a part of classic tradition you dont mess with.
It's about 90% chance that the text above was written while I was taking a dump! ^^

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
2 months ago#28
The games have always been like this, it wasn't just 7. The rooms are supposed to be SAFE

HaleyT
2 months ago#29
Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
CasuallyDressed posted...
Allowing enemies into the save room is potentially game breaking. Imagine being attacked by Mr X, you’re in danger health, no health items, he takes a swing and you decide to save at that moment. Bad news buddy, that save file is now trashed as you have no way to avoid the swing. Gonna have to start the game over!

In Alien Isolation, this potential situation could happen, but if you saved the game & then were killed, & then when you re-loaded, the alien wouldn't be around, so it'd be loaded like you saved when no one was around.

I would prefer save rooms to remain as they were, just to have another thing true to the original games.

Not true. I saved a few times in Alien Isolation when the Alien was right there getting ready to kill me, and whenever I reloaded, he just kept killing me.

HaleyT
2 months ago#30
Sega9599 posted...

How is that 'survival horror'? Just because resident evil 1 did it?

And 2, and 3 and code veronica and so on....
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I Hope The Save Rooms Won't Magically Keep Enemies Out
  • Topic Archived