• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I Hope The Save Rooms Won't Magically Keep Enemies Out

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 weeks ago#1
It breaks immersion when the "save" rooms in RE7 somehow repels enemies.
I even left the door open to see if Jack Baker will come in but he turns another way and ignores me.

Imagine being chased by Mr. X and you run into the save room where you can develop films.
Mr. X is going to look less intimidating if you leave the door open and either it stands there or walks away.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
2 weeks ago#2
I'm split, honestly. Yeah, it would be immersion breaking, but at the same time, I'd miss save rooms being "safe rooms" where you can get a momentary relief from danger, while listening to that music.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: chief606

chief606
2 weeks ago#3
WindMouseHanpan posted...
I'm split, honestly. Yeah, it would be immersion breaking, but at the same time, I'd miss save rooms being "safe rooms" where you can get a momentary relief from danger, while listening to that music.

This.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: Scared_to_Death

Scared_to_Death
2 weeks ago#4
WindMouseHanpan posted...

Yes, the save room is and always should be holy ground, thats a part of classic tradition you dont mess with.
I am a survivor of Raccoon City.

User Info: CasuallyDressed

CasuallyDressed
2 weeks ago#5
Allowing enemies into the save room is potentially game breaking. Imagine being attacked by Mr X, you’re in danger health, no health items, he takes a swing and you decide to save at that moment. Bad news buddy, that save file is now trashed as you have no way to avoid the swing. Gonna have to start the game over!

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
2 weeks ago#6
No way, keep the save rooms as “safe rooms” if enemies could enter them I’d probably skip this game completely as it could potentially break the game.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Syn_Vengeance
2 weeks ago#7
CasuallyDressed posted...
Allowing enemies into the save room is potentially game breaking. Imagine being attacked by Mr X, you’re in danger health, no health items, he takes a swing and you decide to save at that moment. Bad news buddy, that save file is now trashed as you have no way to avoid the swing. Gonna have to start the game over!

Also this.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: MattVSin

MattVSin
2 weeks ago#8
They should just have the save room doors appear re-enforced or something. I know it wouldn't typically hold out something like Mr. X but it would at least make some sense in the world.
PSN: MattVSin

Syn_Vengeance
2 weeks ago#9
MattVSin posted...
They should just have the save room doors appear re-enforced or something. I know it wouldn't typically hold out something like Mr. X but it would at least make some sense in the world.

Atleast do what the Evil Within 2 does and have them lock it when they enter, better then nothing.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 weeks ago#10
CasuallyDressed posted...

I prefer something more challenging and a little bit more immersion.
You always have to save with the threat of being stabbed from the back in Alien: Isolation.
There's a "safe zone", where survivors gather but it makes sense because it's barricaded and closed off.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I Hope The Save Rooms Won't Magically Keep Enemies Out
  • Topic Archived