• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I honestly think this game could be the best horror game of all time...

User Info: 88Metallica

88Metallica
3 months ago#1
I really and truly do. I mean the original second one is generally up in the top five, so I just know Capcom is going to want to nail it, and by what they have said and showed, I 100% trust in what they are doing.

After seeing footage of Mr. X, and regrettably the alligator in action, has me beyond excited. Seeing that alligator, man... That may have been the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in a game.

Some people will still say Silent Hill 2, and I get it, but until Konami remake their sophomore game in the series, which doesn't seem likely at all unfortunately, I think this one is going to dethrone it. I really do.

Now watch it get reviews like RE6 and I just have to eat my words. 😄

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
3 months ago#2
Konami has to shut down their gaming division and sell the rights of Silent Hill before that series can ever get redeemed.

At the moment I don't see anything becoming the best horror game of all time, I just hope RE2make is a solid 8-9 and sets the tone for the future of RE for a while.

For the best horror game of all time, you would need the brilliance of seamless user interface and immersion from Dead Space, the atmosphere, story and symbolism of Silent Hill, the gameplay learnings and fun unlockables from the many years of Resident Evil and the seclusion and terror from games like Siren and Fatal Frame.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: edward18

edward18
3 months ago#3
honestly the only Silent Hill I truly loved was the first one.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Recycled

Recycled
3 months ago#4
VegantoKeens posted...
Konami has to shut down their gaming division and sell the rights of Silent Hill before that series can ever get redeemed.

Gameplay-wise Silent Hill is nothing special. The first one had some unnoticeable stealth mechanics I believe got progressively more unnoticeable up to 3 and extinct in 4.

The only thing that made the series truly unique was the "artworks" it displayed: the rooms/setting, the atmosphere, the corpses or weird meaty humanoids, sometimes reminding me of BDSM-like stuff. The people responsible for this have been gone since since after 4, and they were the only ones who had the proper talent to craft these "artworks".

I have accepted the fact Silent Hill series is dead. Maybe something else will replace it one day.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
3 months ago#5
Why doesn't Konami just shut down their gaming division? Are they still getting revenue from it? They'd make more money from selling their game franchises wouldn't they?

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
3 months ago#6
I don't know about best ever, but I honestly have no complaints about the RE2 remake so far. It is literally everything I could have ever wanted it to be. As long as Capcom doesn't royally drop the ball and screw it all up somehow in the next few weeks, it very well could turn out to be one of the best survival horror games ever created. It'll make my personal top 5 at the very least, I'm sure.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
3 months ago#7
CODEumb87 posted...
Why doesn't Konami just shut down their gaming division? Are they still getting revenue from it? They'd make more money from selling their game franchises wouldn't they?

Nope. It has actually been more profitable since they dropped most AAA game development. Apparently they make a soccer game that has megahit sales numbers in international markets, something else that slips my mind, and the usual slew of mobile and Pachinko crap which is how they're utilizing most of their classic properties. Sorry, but their decision to drop console gaming has actually proven to be a very cost effective decision for them. Last I heard, anyway.

That said, they did seem to tease MGS6 recently, and their Pachinko revenue has been down of late.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: Tidus1012

Tidus1012
3 months ago#8
Not really, Silent Hill will always be the horror king.

P. T is the scariest game ever (well, the scariest teaser).

f*** Konami
~A(o)S~

User Info: Runner_style

Runner_style
3 months ago#9
CODEumb87 posted...

I wish they'd start to sell off IPs, been wanting more Suikoden, CV, and SH.
It's time gamers grew up instead of being pissy 5 year olds fighting over the most asinine things.

User Info: lunarsword

lunarsword
3 months ago#10
Fatal Frame might have a few words.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I honestly think this game could be the best horror game of all time...
  • Topic Archived