• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Residence of Evil Youtube spreading false and misinformed info.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
3 months ago#11
Syn_Vengeance posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
I haven't seen Residence of Evil's video yet but I have seen this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ag8YPE6vxY&t=1s

and I gotta admit, the part where he mentions the Birkin boss fight being the same exact location for Claire and Leon has me a bit confused as well since Birkin did fall over the railing at the end of Claire's demo, and we also see Leon encounter Birkin again during a cutscene in the same location during the story trailer. It does make me wonder how they're gonna go about handling that if there really are just 2 cannon scenarios. (unless the footage of Leon with Birkin was just done for marketing purposes, then that would make sense)

https://i.imgtc.com/WstfMnB.jpg

@CODEumb87

That’s because I think we are getting an RE1/Remake situation. 2 characters where both of their campaigns play out the same. The only difference will be specific character interactions, like Leon meeting Ada and Ben or Claire with Sherry and Irons.

That would make sense, never thought of it like that.

User Info: DigitalMorph

DigitalMorph
3 months ago#12
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
Well stop reading, watching, and analyzing videos, screenshots and write-ups to spoil 90% of the friggin' game for yourselves and you won't have to make PSAs to beware of "false and misinformed info", jesus, what a whiny community that's ruining the game for themselves.

All these fake "fans" here that don't want to first experience or find out things for themselves.

What the hell is a “fake fan”? Most ridiculous term I’ve ever seen
The Disco Biscuits are the best band ever

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
3 months ago#13
Except there's a scene where Ada saves Leon from a dog in the parking garage and another one where she saves him from Mr. X. You have Claire there with Marvin, Leon with Birkin...it makes sense for there to be more than one scenario with footage like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
3 months ago#14
Residence of Evil ... They're the people who are working on a game, similar to old-school Resident Evil, right?
I think I've seen a beta trailer for their game quite a while ago. Looked rather interesting actually.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 months ago#15
@SSJ_Jin posted...
Except there's a scene where Ada saves Leon from a dog in the parking garage and another one where she saves him from Mr. X. You have Claire there with Marvin, Leon with Birkin...it makes sense for there to be more than one scenario with footage like this.

It would except Capcom already confirmed there isn’t. Unless this mysterious mode with a ton of replayability is bulls*** and just the other scenarios.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
3 months ago#16
SSJ_Jin posted...

The scene is actually different meaning Leon gets attacked in the parking garage twice at different intervals. The reason I say this is because if you check the Biohazard snippets Capcom has been releasing Ada actually says "I saved your ass twice now."
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: LatinChris_9990 | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Locke_Leonhart

Locke_Leonhart
3 months ago#17
Syn_Vengeance posted...
CODEumb87 posted...
I haven't seen Residence of Evil's video yet but I have seen this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ag8YPE6vxY&t=1s

and I gotta admit, the part where he mentions the Birkin boss fight being the same exact location for Claire and Leon has me a bit confused as well since Birkin did fall over the railing at the end of Claire's demo, and we also see Leon encounter Birkin again during a cutscene in the same location during the story trailer. It does make me wonder how they're gonna go about handling that if there really are just 2 cannon scenarios. (unless the footage of Leon with Birkin was just done for marketing purposes, then that would make sense)

https://i.imgtc.com/WstfMnB.jpg

@CODEumb87

That’s because I think we are getting an RE1/Remake situation. 2 characters where both of their campaigns play out the same. The only difference will be specific character interactions, like Leon meeting Ada and Ben or Claire with Sherry and Irons.

No, if i remember right, Capcom confirmed two different campaigns.

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
3 months ago#18
Syn_Vengeance posted...

That’s quite honestly disappointing if their campaigns are going to be the exact same except for character specific interactions. If the whole idea of removing the A/B scenarios was to have one cohesive story, then both campaigns should be completely different with no overlap in events at all. Some people still have issues of what is the true canon in REmake due to the campaigns being mostly the exact same.
New York Yankees

User Info: Phoenixeater

Phoenixeater
3 months ago#19
DigitalMorph posted...
Well stop reading, watching, and analyzing videos, screenshots and write-ups to spoil 90% of the friggin' game for yourselves and you won't have to make PSAs to beware of "false and misinformed info", jesus, what a whiny community that's ruining the game for themselves.

All these fake "fans" here that don't want to first experience or find out things for themselves.

Why is it that clowns like Darkside_Hazuki, Suspiria, and Morpheus102686 always come to this board to make themselves the leading authority on what makes a Resident Evil fan? It'll only make them look self-absorbed.
4/21/2016: R.I.P. Prince and Chyna 6/18/2018: R.I.P. Aretha Franklin

User Info: Jonjamess

Jonjamess
3 months ago#20
Phoenixeater posted...
DigitalMorph posted...

Why is it that clowns like Darkside_Hazuki, Suspiria, and Morpheus102686 always come to this board to make themselves the leading authority on what makes a Resident Evil fan? It'll only make them look self-absorbed.

Suspiria. The leading authority? It's just a whiny man living in a basement. Or a child who's mum is gonna buy him the game on his birthday. It's tragic.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Residence of Evil Youtube spreading false and misinformed info.
  • Topic Archived